Another ABA team shows up! Patroons win Again

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Patroons1
Site Admin

Another ABA team shows up! Patroons win Again

Post by Patroons1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:43 am

NYC Internationalz played the Patroons tonight in an exhibition game (exhibition = not one of 16 scheduled homes games, local college refs). Patroons won by about 30, in a high scoring game (both teams broke the 100 mark)

Patroons starting to gel. Michael Jenkins, played majority of second half, the #1 draft pick had a great game...had a great dunk the likes of which have not been seen since Jamario Moon and some lights out shooting, some 3s, great defensive player too. Shawn Fountain back after strep throat. Nat Burton still out (IR) and all 10 active players saw minutes, Fans got good look tonight at a well rounded team.

NYC played a solid game, class team and coach, not a bad team at all, led by Gordon Malone 6"11", Drago Pavolic (6"8" serbia) and Irving Moses, G, 6'2", imo (we'll wait to see what tale the stats tell). NYC a tough 3rd quarter but otherwise played very well. Fast paced

Sorry, ABA/CBA haters but so far, all teams have showed up and have put up a decent showings. CBA talent clearly deeper, bigger but I dare say some of these ABA teams would give many of the PBL teams a real run!

Not great crowd since not publicized in newspaper, just internet and outside armory signs and not on regular schedule or season tickets. Maybe 300-400

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:16 am

I am glad to hear that the games have gone off without a hitch so far. (well... other than a freak ice storm. That was a bit of a hitch. But even OSC messageboard posters can't pin that one on Newman)

I sincerely hope that I was wrong about how the CBA/ABA thing plays out. I also really hope that something gets sorted out in the spring to ensure that the top minor league organizations outside the D-League are all in the same league so that last minute solutions aren't even necessary.

Are the Pats webcasting any games this season? I'd like to see them play but live more than bit too far away to do that in person.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:02 am

Why are the Patroons calling these exhibitions if the Miners are in the regular season?

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 pm

The Chicago Steam got into Minot last night... We're on a roll!

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Two games tonight, Chicago at Minot and Kentucky at Eastern Ky.

FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:23 pm

The Bisons made it to town last night and all things are go for the Miners game tonight

bdaly
Site Admin

Post by bdaly » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:21 pm

The best of the ABA has always been competitive with other leagues; it's the rest of the teams that are the problem. I'd certainly expect the ABA to be darn sure that teams show up to the CBA games and put their best foot forward. With that said, one of the frustrating elements was the number of 30-40 mismatches you'd see in ABA games when the best teams played the mediocre ones. And, for the most part, the CBA games match up the same way. But, the bigger issue is that teams don't show up. That's happening in ABA cities already, and that is the real reason why people dislike the ABA.

Return to “CBA”