EK Miners vs. WV Blazers

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Nubb16
Site Admin

Post by Nubb16 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:06 am

OT, what was the attendance for tonights game? Guess, I'll be coming to tomorrow nights game.
Go Miners!

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:12 am

1782 announced. good crowd... tickets checked a little more than last year prevented some of the people from moving down from upper to lower level. the court has been moved away from the skyboxes toward the end of the center with seats making the court closer to the fans. I liked the change of court location and think it will create more good seats for the CBA season and the local events moving forward.

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:35 am

Great News, sounds like everyone had a good time, good crowd and a good team.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:49 pm

[quote=""PikevilleOT""]1782 announced. good crowd... tickets checked a little more than last year prevented some of the people from moving down from upper to lower level. the court has been moved away from the skyboxes toward the end of the center with seats making the court closer to the fans. I liked the change of court location and think it will create more good seats for the CBA season and the local events moving forward.[/quote]

Skyboxes?!? Did you say skyboxes? Could you please take some pics? I only know about an observation deck there.

MathProf64
Site Admin

Post by MathProf64 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:09 pm

The East KY Expo center has a 5000 sq ft banquet/ball room that overlooks the arena area. There are in fact, decks that can be accessed from the ballroom. The room itself can be sectioned off (like most banquet rooms) to three or four smaller rooms.

One sections is used as a skybox type room. For $10 (I think) anyone with a ticket can come in for food and drinks (cash bar, I think). The have two big screen TVs to check out other sports during the game. I've never seen the other sections used as skyboxes, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

zeke41
Site Admin

The East KY Expo

Post by zeke41 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:38 pm

I think I'd mentioned that before, Ken. The Expo Center is by far one of the nicest venues in Minor league basketball. It's crazy that it's in a small town like Pikeville, KY, but it's definitely a top-notch facility. It was a pleasure to play in such an arena last season.

I especially miss the perks...I probably spent twice and maybe three times as much time as other players in the facility, and for the most part, the Expo Staff never minded (unless they had another event to prepare for). I could come early to practice, stay hours after, and even come in on off days to shoot around. The Expo was a huge benefit to me as a player last year (especially those arena stairs...I miss that work out...nothing like it!!!).
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:44 pm

Here's a picture from the "skybox" observation deck or whatever you wanna call it..pretty good view!

http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:49 pm

That is a nice looking room. What is capacity? It seems to be big enough without being too big (unlike the MetroCentre where the Rainmen play which is way too large)

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:17 pm

[quote=""zeke41""]Here's a picture from the "skybox" observation deck or whatever you wanna call it..pretty good view!

Image[/quote]

I see the corporate tables behind the basket were sectioned-off to also make boxes. Elevate those tables, add a canopy (and a few silk plants) and you've got luxury suites. Unfortunately, teams don't market their luxury suites first and foremost. A lot of financial problems would be solved that way. Cant sell your luxury suites?!? Don't start your season.

Gary has a similar observation deck/party deck setup. There are also corporate tables behind the basket, although they are not sectioned-off like at Pikeville. Selling those amenities would make a big difference in Gary. Have I shown this pic from Spring 2008 a thousand times already????

redsfan
Site Admin

Post by redsfan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:47 pm

I'll be going to the game tonight and will post the score and attendence figures as soon as I can. I didn't actually make it to the game yesterday, but I was able to listen to it on the radio. I must say, this year's broadcasts sound like a great improvement over last years. The Miners switched radio stations and the announce crew is much better this season.

Return to “CBA”