East Ky Miners vs. Kentucky Bisons

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Offensivly bad...thats an understatement...example of a call last night...bisons had a guard drive to the goal last night and blackburn flopped like he was waiting for the charge to be called they called a flagrent foul on him(blackburn) why i have no idea...and the ref that called it was trailing in the back the whole time...he couldnt even see what happened in the play...i guess thats what happens when you send a cba team to an aba arena, for anyone thats a cba fan that has a team beware of what happens when we travel to their home turf...I say go Miners and Go CBA

ps even with the dirty refs...still the better talent (team) came out on top!!!

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:26 pm

I submit to you the officiating in the ABA isn't dirty ... just incompetent! Pay in that league (for officials) has taken a 70% cut this year. To quote A1 ... shameful! :mrgreen:

jwalters
Site Admin

Post by jwalters » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:13 am

I couldn't make it to the game and I haven't had time to sit down and talk to Hal but one of the staff members from the sport center told me the attendance was about 600. I would consider his estimate to be pretty accurate just based on the fact that he is used to seeing 3 or 4 times that amount at KWC games in the same venue.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:22 am

Thanks, J. I'd say that's pretty good, compared to what I've heard about the turnouts of other games.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:04 am

In addition to the tv coverage on the Xplosion story, there is also an article in today's Post-Gazette about the team. So all is not lost. I know there are nay sayers, but I BELIEVE!!

rockhound
Site Admin

Attendance

Post by rockhound » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:39 pm

The Bisons have some very good pictures of the game on their web-site. Based on what can be seen in the pictures 600 people is a pretty big stretch. I think the Sportscenter worker was trying to be kind.

Based on what I can see in the pictures my guess would be under 200.

http://www.kentuckybisons.com/pictures.htm

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Unless they changed the pictures since I saw them, I'm guessing that even that number is being generous. It looked like less than 100. But keep in mind, this was a Commonwealth rivalry, so it could have brought out more.

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Wow attendance goes down as we speak...we now know more than the arena staff and even assume his motive ("trying to be kind") and treat "the pictures" like it is evidence for the prosecution.

Let's just call it even and agree that NOBODY showed up, the refs stunk, EK Miners should have won by 30, hotdogs were cold, seats were hard, ABA coach didnt fit a dress code... Any other insight from a group of bloggers, of which, I think only one admits to actually BEING THERE? :rolleyes:

Ofcourse, let's not forget the disclaimer included in most of these witch hunt remarks, "I really want the CBA to succeed". This banter is getting far beyond silly.

roncris8
Site Admin

Post by roncris8 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Hey I looked in the link on the above post and I didnt see any pictures of the Miners playing the bisons. Maybe I looked in the wrong spot but the miners are not yellow. Can someone tell me how to find the miner pics

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:07 pm

there are no miners pics posted at the site (you are correct ron-that's not our team in the yellow...we didnt switch to Hard Hat Harry colors..lol). they have not been posted on bisons website. the crowd estimate was accurate.. i might have surmised even 650...

Return to “CBA”