CBA...a failed Business model

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:48 pm

[quote=""not so fast""]Dennis Truax is a great guy, but he needed more help in terms of finding other potential owners, and keeping the ones you have. Certainly the economy does not help, but I think for the CBA or any of leagues to be sucessful, you have to have a long term and a short term stragety.

It would seem to me that CBA needs someone working full time right now trying to find new owners for next season, while denny works on keeping this season running.

I am not sure what Coach Daleo is doing, but it seems to me, that he would have been someone the CBA should have tapped into as a resource in some capacity to help denny with these challenges.[/quote]

Isn't that what Otis Birdsong was hired to do?

Not sure that Daleo has any experience recruiting franchises. They should go out and hire an actual business professional (lawyer, former executive, etc.)

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:24 pm

[quote=""FrontOffice""]Isn't that what Otis Birdsong was hired to do?

Not sure that Daleo has any experience recruiting franchises. They should go out and hire an actual business professional (lawyer, former executive, etc.)[/quote]

It's Ricardo Richardson's job to bring-in new CBA franchises. The deal with the new island teams seems to have fallen-through though.

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

What is that?

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:02 am

The CBA is starting to smell like the "ABA".
This is indeed a sad day for the once proud history of the CBA.
The old saying comes to mind, "When you lay with dogs.....".
One would think that the better idea was to shelf the CBA for a year ala AFL. Sad, jack.
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:55 am

The CBA still has not updated their schedule, nor have many of the websites.

Return to “CBA”