Pittsburgh is done

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 pm

Good question PikevilleOT, they had reported so they were either sent packing, will practice for a month which I can't imagine makes sense or will play ABA games in the end. Are they still on town OKCavs?

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 pm

still haven't hear a definite on the allstar game being played, but from the names in camps it would be easy to find 20 quality representatives of the 40 total on the 4 rosters.

On a separate note, I know the ABA teams keep a 12 man roster, so will the CBA be allowed to keep 12 if they want while playing the ABA rules on away games? And will the ABA have to declare 10 eligible for their games under CBA rules? just a thought..

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:02 am

as far as I know, the Cavs Players are still in town.

Was at the local Mall where the Cavs have their offices and it was open and Coach Richardson was in there talking with some people, don't know who they were - probably fans.

The local paper has not reported anything about the CAVS yet, last that was reported was on Thursday, I think and that was about playing games vs. the ABA, nothing since then.

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:57 am

they announced the signing of three players on Friday , Dec 5 for whatever that is worth

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:57 pm

ok, I'm getting this thread back on topic. I just finished doing an interview and a very reliable source tells me that the Xplosion may be back next season.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:14 pm

[quote=""psbf""]ok, I'm getting this thread back on topic. I just finished doing an interview and a very reliable source tells me that the Xplosion may be back next season.[/quote]
That's excellent news, PSBF. Did your source say anything about what league they would be in?

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Can you really go anything but PBL or D-League considering the climate?
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:28 pm

Thanks, LM. I'm still cautious but I was interviewed by a member of our local media about them, where my source came from.

Zeke, you are right. Depending on what happens with this inter-league experiment, I believe the PBL would be it. I like what I see in watching NBDL action, but I hear the cost is more NBA-type, which turns me off.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:52 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Thanks, LM. I'm still cautious but I was interviewed by a member of our local media about them, where my source came from.

Zeke, you are right. Depending on what happens with this inter-league experiment, I believe the PBL would be it. I like what I see in watching NBDL action, but I hear the cost is more NBA-type, which turns me off.[/quote]

I know how much you love the X'plosion, but don't count on it. It may be a viable market, but Pittsburgh is similar to places like San Francisco where major league and college sports rules the landscape.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:05 pm

I appreciate your concern, formerlyknown. But some of us can't afford the big league teams around here and it's not just about that. It's about giving area Basketball athletes a chance to play pro locally among other reasons.

Return to “CBA”