CBA 08-09 season

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
PikevilleOT
Site Admin

CBA 08-09 season

Post by PikevilleOT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:22 pm

thought i would start a thread for everyone to continue conversation about the upcoming season where we can discuss the speculations, possibilities and the coulda/shoulda/wouldas....

panchess
Site Admin

32-0

Post by panchess » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 pm

..Albany Patroons. All you need to know.

pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:54 pm

hehehehehehe....hahahahahahaha.....lol...i haven't laughed that hard in a long time...LOL...just kidding...I'm not sure what the patroons have, minot, or fort lawton-sill has, but i do know what came in for the miners...and it looks good...Actually i think even though with 4 teams it'll be a very competitive league and id say we will regroup next year with more teams...Honestly don't see anyone going undefeated if so wow that'll be a great team. Good luck to all, but Go Miners...

pikevilleout
Site Admin

Post by pikevilleout » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Ot, I'm not sure what will happen, maybe have the team that was off take the place of Pitt when they suppose to have played, or may get a couple of teams to come over from pbl, or aba, (hopefully teams that will be around a good long while). I wished the league would have put out more info. on the Pitt team, I'd say we will know sooner than later on what will happen with the league and what there plans are, personally I don't mind seeing just 4 teams in a league if the talent level is above the rest. Which I'm hoping for, and I think the league will rebound next year.

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:51 pm

From what I know, there is a "make-or-break" conference call tonight at 5 central time. How long before we know something after that, I don't know.

basketball facts
Site Admin

hate to say I told you so

Post by basketball facts » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:06 pm

I think it is safe to say that Pitt is out. So all of you nay sayers, try your sources again and see if the CBA talked to the ABA about scheduling some games. Once you do that, how would you like your crow served?

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:12 pm

The good news is...uhhh...half of the players in the CBA should make the All-Star Game now!!!!

:confused:
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:39 pm

My thoughts are Pitt will be replaced. Have heard some rumors ... but they are just that, rumors. Guess we will find out later today. The bottom line is the league should have merged with the PBL :mrgreen:

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 pm

I wonder if they can convince Nashville to jump ship to the CBA? Or does that not work geographically?

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:38 pm

basketball facts is right -- ABA has been contacted and they're working together.

Pittsburgh is folded.

Rumor that the league could be put on hold for a year.

Lots of fun stuff today!

Return to “CBA”