Improvements are needed!

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:10 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Lightning Man, you are the only one I respect, of who those mentioning Pgh in this topic, as you are the only one who has even included me(though in parenthises) in conversation. This has gotten so maddening for me because of the lack of any kind of news by the Xplosion!! :mad:
I check into this to learn of any news! But I think I'll refrain from even checking into this forum, instead I'll only watch for news from the X, since most posters seem not to want me here and it is an option that the league will have us or not be here. So I will return only with news of any kind. I refuse to see the Xplosion mentioned without yours truly :(
Thanks again, LM![/quote]
You're welcome, but I wish you would stay. I don't wish ill on the X and I hope that there is CBA basketball in Pittsburgh (a town I like, but don't tell anyone back in Cleveland I said that). Actually, I hope there is CBA basketball in the other four towns too.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Ref, I strongly disagree and I resent that!! Although things look bad here, WE ARE on the schedule and the Xplosion WILL PLAY!! Don't act like I'm no here. I'm frustrated that no word is coming out, but I WILL be at the games!! So forget about your idea of us not taking part and being replaced!! :mad: [/quote]

Take a breath. He didn't post anything for you to resent. You may not like his opinion, but that doesn't mean you have to get bent out of shape over it. Step back, this isn't personal. Unless you're footing the bills, you don't know for certain that Pitt will play. This is minor league sports, after all.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:35 am

PSBF, why would you leave over people talking about the team you root for without mentioning you in the question? I consider myself one of the leading Miners fans on the board, but I don't expect all questions/comments/opinions to have my input (although I do frequently reply and add my 2 cents worth) or take it as an insult. I also try to be supportive of your situation and it is good to have a X fan present on the board for discussion. I only suggest you not take things so personally.

For example, Zeke and I are friends but we differ in opinions also. I want both the PBL and CBA to succeed also but I am able to see the good/bad in both from the fan's perspective. I don't have a lot of insider information regarding the PBL and I would tell him I worry about the silence from the Throwbacks camp as they have been virtually as quiet with press releases as the Xplosion has (although I know they have at least a front office in place. It is natural to have differing views/perspectives based on the information we have presented to us.

Just realize not everyone is insulting you by speaking of a franchise without seeking your input. It will make your participation and enjoyment of the discussion boards much easier.
Last edited by PikevilleOT on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Ot, if you look at my last post very carefully, I did not say that everyone was insulting me.

In addition, at least you all have nothing to worry about in as far as your team's movements, they report their actions. So you all can't possibly know what it's like for me and the frustration involved! Whether or not the X will be competing as part of the schedule and, what I find the most disturbing, is the suggestion of replacing the Xplosion with another team??!! That is what I find insulting!! Everyone knows(or should) how I feel about the Xplosion and if anything happens to them, I'm out of here!! Just remember how important we are to the schedule, ot! With just over three weeks left!!
I respect a lot of posters on here. But when you talk about life without the Xplosion, you cause me to wonder. Without the X, I have no reason to be in here.

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:56 pm

PSBF ... based on your resentment of me, I now cry daily and have spent the last few hours on the bridge contemplating ... :D Seriously dude ... lighten up, I would never personally attack you or anyone else here. It is simply a place to post and receive information and entertainment.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:13 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Ot, if you look at my last post very carefully, I did not say that everyone was insulting me.

In addition, at least you all have nothing to worry about in as far as your team's movements, they report their actions. So you all can't possibly know what it's like for me and the frustration involved! Whether or not the X will be competing as part of the schedule and, what I find the most disturbing, is the suggestion of replacing the Xplosion with another team??!! That is what I find insulting!! Everyone knows(or should) how I feel about the Xplosion and if anything happens to them, I'm out of here!! Just remember how important we are to the schedule, ot! With just over three weeks left!!
I respect a lot of posters on here. But when you talk about life without the Xplosion, you cause me to wonder. Without the X, I have no reason to be in here.[/quote]

I've reconsidered. Perhaps it is best you do take some time away from the boards. The time away might help you find other interests in addition to the Xplosion.

I tried to be supportive but my attempts were wasted. I will never again try to reason with you about leaving the group as it was not appreciated and AGAIN misinterpreted as a slight against your organization. Please rest assured I understand the importance on a team within a league, especially with only 5 teams, which magnifies the importance of all 5 teams completing all games for league stability and rebuilding.

No idea what else to say...I'm just not getting through???

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Cautionary piece of advice, psbf.

I could easily say "I grew up with the Portland Trail Blazers, I'm wearing red and black today, you MUST think of me when you think of the Blazers."

Remember the Jail Blazers? Think I'd want to be associated with that? Hookers and blow, pot and strippers, car racing, crying at refs, what have you...

...better to have my own identity. Certainly better than to associate with "holier than thou" Boise, for that matter.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:28 pm

[quote=""PikevilleOT""]
For example, Zeke and I are friends but we differ in opinions also. I want both the PBL and CBA to succeed also but I am able to see the good/bad in both from the fan's perspective. I don't have a lot of insider information regarding the PBL and I would tell him I worry about the silence from the Throwbacks camp as they have been virtually as quiet with press releases as the Xplosion has (although I know they have at least a front office in place. It is natural to have differing views/perspectives based on the information we have presented to us.
[/quote]

You know...you're absolutely right about the Throwbacks. I'd like to see more PR from them, too! One thing we (and hopefully all of us here on OSC) can agree on...we want these teams and leagues to succeed, but we would be doing a disservice to others if we didn't discuss the warning signs and issues that plague minor league basketball. Most people do not like conflict, but many times conflict is the only way to bring things to the light to incorporate change! I know one thing for sure...my bball business knowledge has evolved tremendously from slicing and dicing all of the opinions, viewpoints and observations that have been brought up on these boards.
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Return to “CBA”