PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:56 pm

sounds like a ditto for the Miners... thanks for the input Roy

panchess
Site Admin

I wonder..

Post by panchess » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:45 pm

..if RGV had to buy their way out of the league too? I assume the D-League teams did, and the rumor was $200,000 per team.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:35 pm

The RGV owner is a little smarter than your typical CBA owner....He formed a new corporation and moved into a different town and told the Albany owner of the CBA....go scratch.

So he paid NOTHING to get out of the CBA. It only seems to stand to reason the other CBA teams could have done the same thing.

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:16 pm

WOW! A1, thanks for reporting on a common unethical business practice which you link to how RGV skipped out of the CBA. You have reached a new level!

Of particular attention is the unethical business practice created when a corporation signs a contract and when that corporation doesn't like it anymore, just start another corporation and move. A1 applaudes that practice as "smarter than your typical CBA owner". Per A1, just dissolve the assets of that corp and give it the 'ol "Go ahead, take me to court"

Posters, next time you don't like a contract you signed, consider doing the same and don't forget to "tell 'em to go scratch". And, don't forget to give A1 the credit for the idea. ;)

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:24 pm

thats what all the aba teams have done of which he is so overly critical. another spin doctoring example gone awry. start a company... if you don't like how it is going... close up.. don't pay your bills, but start a new company.... gosh how Newmanisitic of you Apbl1!... not sure what all the scratching is about unless you have a std-like rash????
Last edited by PikevilleOT on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling error

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:33 pm

LOL>.its a freaking basketball team...!! I guess you have to stay there no matter how stupid the league is run...you signed so you better stay so I..( the Albany owner) can get the money back I lent you guys.

How come only one team is in good standing with the CBA...? Why do 4 out of the 5 teams still owe vendors money from last year, four out of five teams still owe the CBA dues from last year...

such a good business..Ill guess Ill stay........... LOL

Check the comment made by the NBA scout on another thread....hits home.
No one cares....except you 4 guys. WOW what a following for the CBA....

Pikeville at Minot..... mionot at Lawton-Ft Sill.....doesnt do a thing for the basketball world. Its ok...just accept it. stop trying to defend a dead league with poor businessmen and a leader who just wants his money back.

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:09 pm

A1, you are gettting deeper....

(1) Sticking around to pay back the money you owe is no longer a requirement in your book as long as it is the CBA you owe? "Freaking basketball", poker or paying my mortgage, Dad told me to pay back someone I owe money to...

(2) NBA scout not showing up at independent minor league basketball games? Since the NBDL started, not new news friend. Thanks for the update just the same.

(3) Defend a league that is dead, then why A1, attack a league that is dead?

(4) 4 guys care? I didn't know that in order to be consider to be a CBA fan, you had to be counted by A1 as a member of this board. I'll have to tell the other 999 season ticket holders of Patroons that the better sign up.

(5) 61 days til opening day

(6) A1, you are too funny. LOL

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:45 pm

you are right Apbl1... enjoy your 'less than high school length court' games. shameful! we can always "ATTACK gym " and make sure we get all our games in...SHAMEFUL!

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:43 pm

<Serious unsubstantiated claims>

Oh yes...CBA franchises are now being given out for free....Now why does Columbus Ohio get to have a free franchise possibly for next year? Hope the other owners dont hear about this that had to pay. Which business model is the CBA using this Hour?

Love that travel charge $$$$ to play in the zombie league this year, unreal, why not just go to alaska and Hawaii, Im sure there are some towns with 23,000 people there. The CBA is now officially an "A" league level basketball league. these owners probably were involved in the wall street collapse, zero business smarts.

Of those drafted, I bet less than 50% sign with the CBA, from what I hear, no one really wants to play there.

If the Albany CBA owner didnt goof up the travel last year the other owners would not have gotten stuck with an additional bill...shameful is right.

Zombie league post isiah giving it one last gasp. !

Make Albany 500 (maybe season ticket holders, which I doubt) it was a 2 for 1 sale.
Last edited by formerlyknownasfells on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unsubstantiated claims.......

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:42 am

SHAMEFUL indeed! be careful or I will totally expose the glass PBL house you have grown so fond of.
<Removed by moderator due to unsubstantiated claims>

Keep shamelessly promoting your new rec league with your sub-par courts and hold a "draft" for players already signed to give the smoke & mirrors illusion that players drafted want to play... SHAMEFUL!

Remember it takes a zombie to recognize another.... don't worry though because when the PBL folds, you can always still come to Pikeville to watch a REAL game...
Last edited by formerlyknownasfells on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unsubstantiated claims........

Return to “CBA”