Minor league basketball died July 9, 2008

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

Minor league basketball died July 9, 2008

Post by a1sports » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:15 pm

The CBA and ABA have been talking about interleague play. The CBA= the ABA, 2 rec leagues.

RIP minor league basketball

Only 2 pro leagues left in the USA,, the D-league and the PBL

FrontOffice
Site Admin

Post by FrontOffice » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:02 pm

CBA owners voted that idea down

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:30 pm

doing anything with the ABA spells DOOM.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:49 pm

So what is going on with the CBA right now? I haven't had much time at all to look into the state of the league with my move, running a Little League tournament and trying to stay sane.

Will they be around next year and with how many teams?
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

psbf
Site Admin

Believe it or not

Post by psbf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 pm

you have not missed anything. If you know that Atlanta has become Augusta and switched to the PBL, that Albany is looking for more season ticket holders, that RGV is in debt of $70,000 to their Arena, that Yakima and the Montana teams will not be back and that the remaining teams include; the Xplosion, the Miners, the Skyrockets and the Cavalry, you are up to date.

bdyer
Site Admin

Post by bdyer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:30 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]The CBA and ABA have been talking about interleague play. The CBA= the ABA, 2 rec leagues.

RIP minor league basketball

Only 2 pro leagues left in the USA,, the D-league and the PBL[/quote]I wouldn't even count the PBL at this point.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:35 pm

The fact that the CBA and ABA even had discussions about interleague play shows the desperation the CBA is in. To even talk to Joe knowing what the world knows about him cries of desperation.

Also, the owners voted the idea down............for now.

There are maybe 5 CBA teams still breathing.

Call any of the semi-living CBA teams and they will tell you they have no idea if they are playing this season.

pikesville @ minot. really doesnt do anything for anyone.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:44 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]The fact that the CBA and ABA even had discussions about interleague play shows the desperation the CBA is in. To even talk to Joe knowing what the world knows about him cries of desperation.

Also, the owners voted the idea down............for now.

There are maybe 5 CBA teams still breathing.

Call any of the semi-living CBA teams and they will tell you they have no idea if they are playing this season.

pikesville @ minot. really doesnt do anything for anyone.[/quote]

At this point, I think it is a good idea just so the teams can play some games. We all know the leagues are in trouble, but the fact they could actually play some decent competition.

Just playing devil's advocate is all.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Would not happen in a thousand years.

First off, do you really think that Demetrius Ford (Florida Pit Bulls) and Jay Fiedler (Indiana Alley Cats) would ever go back to the ABA? After all the poisoning and market-mucking Joe Newman did to them? After the hostile e-mails Joe sent to Demetrius about making Brutus look good? To then go back and be part of a media blitz by Joe about morality and seeing the error of their ways? Not a chance.

Add this - the CBA is part of USABasketball, and would not be participating in any interleague anything with a non-USAB league.

This is just another one of a1sports' fantasy posts. He cites no sources, he posts no links, it's just another one of his "I'm the best source for minor league information out there, I'm better than you, you're not as good as me, trust me for information" posts that have gotten stale like three-year-old Twinkies.

If he can't cite the source, you must consider the source.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 pm

It looks like it is going to be a very, VERY interesting season next year. I hope all of my off-season hard work pays off somehow...man, I'm ready to GO! This is madness.
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Return to “CBA”