Just a Quick Thanks!!!

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
zeke41
Site Admin

Just a Quick Thanks!!!

Post by zeke41 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:05 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the supporters I have out there. It is extremely humbling to read all of the nice things so many of you wrote. What can I say...it was quite a magical night. I couldn't have scripted it any better, and I couldn't have asked to play in front of a better fan base...wow, what awesome fans we have!!!!

I'm not going to be in Minot. Obviously, we need to get prepped for the playoffs, and because I only played one game, I'm not eligible anyway. All in all, I've accomplished enough this season anyway. By no means am I done...I'm just getting started. I will be in even better shape by next season, and hopefully I can return to East Kentucky and play an even bigger role as a player.

You can practice all day long, but you never really know whether a guy can perform when the lights are on and there are, well, in our case, over 1,000 screaming fans expecting something good to happen. There's a lot of adrenaline to control in situations like that. Even I wasn't sure what to expect from myself. Fortunately, my hard work and dedication paid off, and I did the things that prepared me for a night like March 2nd, 2008. I made smart plays, I knocked down open jumpers, and I hustled and got the ball to guys that were in a position to score. I made use of every second I was on the floor. To top it all, breaking the scoring record made my night even more special. My night will be a night that will forever remain in the history books.

For those of you who view my website and blog, I'll be doing something soon. I'm waiting for some pictures, and I'm going to develop something really special to kind of celebrate that game. I just need more time.

Well, I've said enough. Thanks again everyone...this saga will continue!

:) :) :)
Last edited by zeke41 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:45 pm

I wish I could have seen you play, Zeke, but the webcast(camera, no announcers) was not up to par and I turned it off early, considering the score. Maybe someone took pictures of you in action. But I'm glad you got game experience. I have no comment about the Miners in the playoffs, but I'm sure you will have a bright future. Aside from when the Miners play the X, I'll be cheering for you.

Nubb16
Site Admin

Post by Nubb16 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Zeke, what is the thing to your website and blog?
Go Miners!

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:44 am

[quote=""Nubb16""]Zeke, what is the thing to your website and blog?[/quote]

Here's the link to his website:
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com/
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:46 am

Nubb.....I am going to do a whole page to commemorate the day...not sure how it will turn out...I'm just going to put a lot of time into it. It should be fun!

Thanks, PSBF. Hopefully you will see me play again aometime.

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:52 am

Congrats once again Mark!!!!!

"Do Your Best, Never Quit!"
The PBL is in Buffalo! Lets Go Stampede!!

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:10 am

Yeah, congrats Mark! (again, for like the millionth time) I don't care that the CBA isn't as talented as it was back when the Wiz were in it, I don't care that you played the Krunk who obviously cannot play defense since they allowed 194 points; 5 points in a CBA game is great. I've seen one game this season (Minot vs. EK) and I can definitely say that that's not easy. So I just wouldn't let the haters try to downplay this moment because it's awesome no matter what the circumstances is.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 am

Thanks, DAKWIZFAN ---

I'm not sweating what people say...the ball was still official size and weight, the rims were 10 feet, and the crowd was really into it. Talk about an adrenaline rush. Like I said...that day is just the beginning. I'm just getting started.

By the way everyone, I just posted my blog about that day...

http://thecrossoverbasketball.com/Kings_Blog.html

It took a long time to write...so many emotions...so much to say...so many things going through my head.

Bottom line??? I played (and played well) in the CBA on March 2, 2008, and there were a whole bunch of people that said that would never happen. I overcame an immense amount of obstacles in my life to accomplish a goal that I had...to play in the CBA! The circumstances are irrelevant! I guess the lesson for the day is...never say never! God gets the final say!

Big up to Coach Kevin Keathley...a new-wave coach that lets guys with a hungry heart go out there and get something to eat! He saw something in me that none of those other coaches thought was worthwhile. Thanks Coach!

Minor Leaguer
Site Admin

Post by Minor Leaguer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:18 am

Mark, congrats you had your time in the sun. The only thing that I find funny is the fact that, it totally didn't matter what the Miners did on that particular date and also the fact that the Krunk gave up 194 points. Let's face it Mark, you me and you mom could have each scored at least 5 points. The fact that you aren't on the active roster for the next Miners' game says more than I could ever prove.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:26 am

[quote=""Minor Leaguer""]Mark, congrats you had your time in the sun. The only thing that I find funny is the fact that, it totally didn't matter what the Miners did on that particular date and also the fact that the Krunk gave up 194 points. Let's face it Mark, you me and you mom could have each scored at least 5 points. The fact that you aren't on the active roster for the next Miners' game says more than I could ever prove.[/quote]

Thanks, Minor Leaguer. What's "FUNNY" is I had my night on a night that people are going to talk about. Putting up 194 points is no easy task. A night like that obviously creates a media buzz - just google that night and see how many people are talking about it!

Regardless...thanks for the congratulations. I can understand why you said some of the things you said...I really can. But...let's face it...the timing, the circumstances, the situation, and the fact that I was prepared to play the best basketball that I know how to play all came together that day. It was no coincidence!

But...you talk like the Krunk were in Wheelchairs or something. I don't now you, but you are wrong...my mom couldn't have scored 5 points in that game. Remember - the goals were still 10 feet, the rim and the ball were official, we played on a professional size court in a professional arena, and, as for me, I created enough room to get 2 solid jump shots off in front of 1,400+ fans cheering us on! It felt good to be me that day! I'll remember it for a long time, and, because of what I endured to get where I am right now and the story behind it...so will many others.

Nonetheless...thanks!

Return to “CBA”