Seattle Explorers

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:49 pm

panchess, if a merger were to happen, i think you're closest to what it might look like. i personally would also keep the cba name, but the pbl management. i would put pittsburgh in your MW division and Wilmington in the east.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:54 pm

I would not rule out GF and Atlanta for next season yet, Aaron. Apparently the Krunk are being purchased by new owners and, according to an article in today's GFT, the Explorers are only dead on the court. Things are still in discussions in general.

Aaronhere
Site Admin

Post by Aaronhere » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:34 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I would not rule out GF and Atlanta for next season yet, Aaron. Apparently the Krunk are being purchased by new owners and, according to an article in today's GFT, the Explorers are only dead on the court. Things are still in discussions in general.[/quote]

I could see the Atlanta franchise being moved to a nearby city, but the CBA does not have a sparkling record in NBA cities. As for Great Falls, the new owner better have deep pockets and immense patience. Based on the tones of the articles I have been reading, the fans and business community is jaded in that area. I still like the ideas of "pod" divisions - put the teams in pods based on geography to cut down on costs. An ideal setup would be 15 teams. Five teams in each division - play home-and-home with the ten teams out of the division (20 games) and play each division opponent three times at home and three times away (24 games) - Nice compact 44 game schedule.
NORTHERN DIVISION - Halifax, Montreal, Vermont, Rochester, Albany
EASTERN DIVISION - Pittsburgh, Reading, East Kentucky, Grand Rapids (?) or an expansion team in Ohio (Youngstown, Dayton, Cincinnati)
WESTERN DIVISION - Yakama, Oklahoma, Butte, Minot, Rapid City (?) or Great Falls
America's Real Team
http://www.packershistory.net

Return to “CBA”