Great Falls

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
SUNKINGS
Site Admin

Great Falls

Post by SUNKINGS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:36 pm

GF has tons of home games left, starting with 2 against the Cav's the next 2 nights. Any Idea's whats going to happen?

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Got word from the Cavs PR person that they will be playing tonight's and tomorrow's games at Cascade High, which is where they have been playing since being ejected from the Four Seasons. After the Cavs leave, I'm not sure.

Just saw that the game will be canceled because of "weather".
Last edited by Precious Roy on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heavesrock
Site Admin

Post by heavesrock » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:49 pm

The Cavs game? Or the Atlanta game?
Vermont Frost Heaves fan site: http://freewebs.com/frostheavesfans

Frost Heaves Forum: http://frostheaves.proboards.com

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:03 pm

So the game tonight, Cavs at Explorers is cancelled due to weather.

We host Atlanta tomorrow night(Tues.).

MontanaFella
Site Admin

Post by MontanaFella » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Last night the Explorers played Atlanta in Fairfield, a tiny town about 40 miles west of Great Falls. The game against Oklahoma was supposed to be played there today at 3:05 local time, I haven't heard if it is actually happening. They are supposedly playing in Fairfield the next four nights.

But who knows...

By the way it is 55 and sunny here, not a cloud in the sky.

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 pm

The time change was why it was canceled, Michael Ray was in the air at that time flying in from New Orleans and the NBA All-Star game.
The CBA says that it's not weather problems in GF, but weather problems in Kansas City, which is also a load of crap, unless it has to do with the referees.
Last edited by Precious Roy on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tombor
Site Admin

Post by Tombor » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:05 am

[quote=""Precious Roy""]The time change was why it was canceled, Michael Ray was in the air at that time flying in from New Orleans and the NBA All-Star game.
The CBA says that it's not weather problems in GF, but weather problems in Kansas City, which is also a load of crap, unless it has to do with the referees.[/quote]

That actually might be possibility. I live in KC (I haven't changed my location yet in my profile) and the weather has been terrible the last couple of days--all flights were grounded for about six hours yesterday up at KCI, and I've heard from people that it's a major hub when it comes to flying to obscure places in the northwest (ND, MT, SD, etc.). So if the refs planned on flying out yesterday, they might've been grounded.

Today it's been cold and snowing off and on. I'm not sure if flights would be cancelled today...

Precious Roy
Site Admin

Post by Precious Roy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:34 am

If that's the case, then fine. But I'm questioning the reason the game got moved up 3 hours.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:59 am

I was just looking at the schedule. Oklahoma played last week in Butte in their previous game. What are they doing in Kansas City if they were to play in Great Falls? I would think they would stay in Montana.

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:05 am

Ok it seems like I probably know the best of what is goin on in Great Falls, and what I am about to say is all true. The game today was supposed to be played in Fairfield which is about 35 minutes from Great Falls. The early start time was to accomidate Fairfield High, as they have a challenge game tonight, and in order for someone from the High School to be there the time change was necessary. The CBA was the one that cancelled the game as there was only one referee here, because of foul whether (no pun intended). However the game verses Atlanta was reffed by a couple of local High School officials. The game today and tomorrow are both to be played at Fairfield, tomorrow night starting at 8. Go Explorers.

Return to “CBA”