Miners/explorers

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:08 am

It would be nice to see all 3 all-stars on the floor at the same time more. Perhaps McLeish Crain Dean Pace and Jackson.... I know rebounds might be harder to come by but it would be nice to see what would happen.. perhaps seeing Reo in the 4th some.... a little more Bryant during the game for a breather for McLeish to allow more slashing to the hoop later.... I just think we need to shake things up a little with our substiution rotation. I love this game but it can sure hurt sometimes.... G'night

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:49 am

Yeah yeah yall can say whatever you want about the call, but the shot that Pace made was so lucky, off-balance, off the glass, and roll around the rim twice. The new Explorers team ain't no joke, and they looked pretty sharp in the dark blue road uniforms. We are back and gonna take down alot of teams here in the second half of the season. PS a foul is a foul, regardless of what point in the game it happens.

Poptartguy
Site Admin

Post by Poptartguy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:21 pm

[quote=""roncris8""]Heres my take on the game.

The miners played very sloppy.

I witnessed the longest .7 seconds in the history of basketball. (someone forgot to turn the clock on.)

The miners chocked on foul shots at the end. ( if they are going to waste money on kyle macey, at least have him show up for practice and teach them how to shoot foul shots.

and finally, would someone please find us a new PA announcer.

The great thing about tonight is there is always tomorrow!!
GO MINERS!!![/quote]

I think that I've figured out the miners fourth quarter problem...they don't shoot well, they don't pass well, they don't defend the layup, and they miss almost all of their free throws. If only the CBA would find a way to eliminate the need for a 4th period, we would be in great shape.
We did get hosed on the last play of the game...its the same old song and dance with these officials. Nothing else to be said about that.
At least the Diamond Girls new dance routine was hot!!!

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:43 pm

I wasn't at the game just watched the webcast so maybe yall did got hosed, but you East Kentucky fans can be happy that your dance team is hot and I love the webcast, it comes complete with replays and the showed the Diamond Girls dance at halftime, yes it was hot!!

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

a foul is a foul

Post by PikevilleOT » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:27 pm

...99% of the time I agree; however most refs WON'T make that call. from grade school to the NBA level, most refs require it to be blatant and HARD! a glide-by swipe just isn't a foul call that should decide a game with 0.3 showing. I haven't even discussed the logistics of inbounding, catching, twisting from the hip, and bringing the ball up just to release the shot. Nonetheless, the miners didn't play well enough to prevent a bad call from costing them this game. Again for the explorers, CONGRATULATIONS on a nice comeback. Junior was a great addition and was very nice to chat with. Hope to see u at the game wednesday! Go Miners!

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:23 am

Well all I have to say is no one has ever said that CBA refs are good. Every game they make calls that have you scratching your head, and they always seem to make a bunch of calls in favor of the team thats' coach is getting in their face. (Yakima lol)

Return to “CBA”