Barkley's e-mail to ABA owners

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:03 pm

[quote=""(t)reason""]Hi. I just joined this message board the other day and was hoping to talk actual minor league sports (basketball, hockey, and indoor football in particular), but it seems that there is a more bickering and name calling on this ABA board in particular than actual talk, news, and analysis of the ABA.

Do any of you know of a good board somewhere else that stays on topic?[/quote]

Yes. The CBA message board, found elsewhere on this site.

CRUSADERSFAN
Site Admin

Post by CRUSADERSFAN » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:13 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Hey! Why did you ban him? He was just acknowledging his e-mail, which I think is a wake-up call. He didn't break any rules as far as I know.[/quote]

psh, like anyone posts there anymore...

one way
Site Admin

thats true

Post by one way » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:41 pm

That is the only reason to pay attention to the ABA, the bickering and the name calling. Everything else has been discussed to death. Teams have no money, been discussed. Teams don't show up, been discussed. Teams do not have a venue, been discussed. Nothing changes year after year, people still fall for it year after year. Some guy actully got on here and wanted to buy two more teams to add to the two that he owned!!! Sigh. To make any more out of the ABA is just spinning our wheels. I love the talk about lawsuits, the stocks, the bickering a little name calling
Last edited by one way on Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chuck43
Site Admin

Post by chuck43 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Hey Chuck Miller, I took Chuck43 because you hated Barkley34 and I wanted to scew with his name and yours. Thats it. Don't compare me someone else or trying pin blame on me. Thanks

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:02 pm

[quote=""chuck43""]Hey Chuck Miller, I took Chuck43 because you hated Barkley34 and I wanted to scew with his name and yours. Thats it. Don't compare me someone else or trying pin blame on me. Thanks[/quote]

That's funny, because a while back you told everybody you were Chuck Sechler from Peoria, Ill and that you were 43, which is where you came up with the "Chuck43" nickname. So which time were you lying, that time or now?

Because for you to come back after a year of dormancy, barely a few days after Barkley34 (your alter ego) was banned, seems rather, shall we say... convenient.

Let's see what the wayback machine pulls up on your previous posts.

[quote=""chuck43""]And the reason I use Chuck and Charles is because I have worked with Barkey ever since he came out of Leeds, Alabama. I worked with his agents on the compensation of his contract and structuring when he was in Philly, Pheonix, all though I didn;t handle the one in Houston, he did that on his own. It was cut and dry. Charles is a great friend, great to work with and trusted my judgemnt as does EVERY player I work with and contract I handle. I am 46 years old, reside in NYC and you will NOT find anyone more brilliant then me.[/quote]

Man, that was a classic. And here's a Top 10 hit from March of 2006:

[quote=""chuck43""]Chuck the Writer, how can you call yourself a journalist? You stated that the ABA Vermont owner wasn;t doing this ABA thing for the story and yet we find out that is exactly why he is doing it? You realy had no clue did you???Secondly, myself nor anyone of my colleagues in the NBA have ever heard of you. As Ted Williams use to say about Boston writers, if they were any good, they would be in NY. You Chuck the "Writer"? None of us have ever heard of you or your work thus you cannot be that good. Keep your opinions about me to yourself. I don't respect your writing, your opinions or you. Pounder? Well, he can trash me because the guy has actually posted substance on this site and has real basketball knowledge, so I don't mind hearing it from someone that knows more about hoops then you......which is pretty much everyone. You? Sorry Chuck, no respect for you or your opinions. Sam Hill? LOL......[/quote]

So once again we've caught Chuck43 a/k/a Barkley34 a/k/a Tam Zuback a/k/a Chuck Sechler a/k/a some poor lost little USENET troll bouncing around OSC trying to stir up trouble.

You know what, Zuback? If you had just waited two more days to return to your "Chuck43" alias, I could have won $10 in the "What day of the week will Chuck43 return to OSC after getting bounced as barkley34" pool. Congrats Sam Hill, you won the pool.

Now, as I said before Zuback, go back under the bridge like a good little troll and wait for the Billy Goats Gruff, and let the adults here talk about minor league basketball.

And keep my name out ya' mouth.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:04 pm

This native Peorian seems to remember calling his bluff about being from Peoria as well.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:56 pm

You stated that the ABA Vermont owner wasn;t doing this ABA thing for the story and yet we find out that is exactly why he is doing it? You realy had no clue did you???

Give him some credit, this has validity. Unfortunately Joe turned the tables on Wolff and now he won't write word one about this circus.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:58 am

I'll just point out that until Fells (sort of) cleaned up this place, that this was the easiest board I can think of to sockpuppet at unpunished. And you are the same person as Barkley; you were when you joined, and you are now.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

bomp
Site Admin

Post by bomp » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:56 am

Yeah, that's Barkley. Same poor writing skills.

I think Chuck's writing is good. Most of his writing is excellent actually.
Last edited by bomp on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unique ideas lead to prison. Don't name your son after a baseball glove. "Listen dude, do you really want the SEX??"

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:52 am

Let's count the personal attacks regarding my personal homepage.

[quote=""chuck43""]Chuck Miller, went to your website and you come on here with a lot of bravado, cockiness and arrogance that is unwarranted.

1. Your website looks like it was done by a 3rd Grader (it really is bad dude)
2. Sam Hill (with all my disagreements with him) is actually funny, witty and understands hoops.....unlike yourself. You do have a grasp on the CBA like no other, but really, can you put down people and the way they write with YOUR journalistic background????
3. I have been a Member on OCS as long as Barkley and others, so obviously we are not one and the same.
4. Your "resume" is filled with jingles for Truck Ads for God Sakes.....and some fluff about rock bands, kids stuff, CBA jumble or whatever........

Chuck, you REALLY puff yourself up for something that is not all that impressive. Chris Fells and what he has done? Impressive. Tough industry to infiltrate and he has a good rep in New England.

You????? Dude man, take a look at your website again and get off your high horse......your Okay........mediocre in a mediocre industry on a minor league BBall chatboard talking about people like Joe Newman, ABA, Barkley34, ABA06er.....but really......your not THAT impressive for someone that does it for a living. Your probably a great guy, good family guy, but do not throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

Now, you can come on here and put me down and my writing skills..blah, blah, blah, fair enuff. But dude.....you put yourself on such a pedastal and people on here buy it because a lot of them could care less. Send them to your website....some of your writings.

As Bobby Knight once said "We all learn how to write until we get to 2nd Grade, after that we obtain a talent to do other things".

Take that to heart young man. Take that to heart.[/quote]

Obviously, my poor deluded little troll, you didn't get the message to "keep my name out ya' mouth."

So let's start with a few things.

Your argument that my website is substandard and designed by a third grader is a poor attempt at flame-baiting. My website is designed to open quickly and efficiently, with minimal graphics to slow things down. It can be opened by modern and vintage browsers, and is compatible with ReadPlease software so that those with visual handicaps can enjoy the articles as can those with perfect sight.

I don't need to overload the page with splashy graphics and useless java and flash junk - like most ABA websites do. It's the old acronym of KISS - Keep It Simple... Stupid.

Over a period of 20 years, my articles have been published in countless magazines specializing in different genres and tastes. I currently write for a trucking and motoring magazine, yes - have done so since 2003, and have earned four major writing awards for my work with that publication.

http://www.chuckthewriter.com/awards.html

For ten years, I was one of Goldmine magazine's top writers and columnists, with 11 cover stories and 24 feature articles (and a decade-long monthly column) to my credit. The photo below shows the subject of one of my cover stories (for your information, I'm the person on the right).

I currently write for Toy Collector magazine, one of the industry's top mags for those who collect vintage and modern games and toys. I also write for the Journal of Antiques and Collectibles, and have several other publications in my rolodex, for whom I can write at a moment's notice.

And as for my basketball writing resume, why don't you kick back and read this article, originally published in Basketball Digest, about the lives of Barney Sedran and Marty Friedman, two of the earliest stars of professional basketball.

http://www.chuckthewriter.com/heavenly.html

And if you want something more modern, here's a little article from Basketball Digest that was written after Isiah Thomas gutted the CBA:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... 37540/pg_1

You want more, clambrain? You want to question my journalistic background?

We need to move to hockey for a second.

In 1973, the Eastern Hockey League was rebranded as the North American Hockey League, and its championship trophies disappeared and were thought to be lost forever. I was able to find one of those trophies two decades later, and today the Atlantic City Boardwalk Trophy, struck to honor the EHL's regular season champion, is now resting comfortably on display at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

I could go on about several other "recoveries" in my professional writing career - everything from finding a precious lost demo recording of a song that was later covered by Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and others, and finding a way to return it to the original composer; I could talk about restoring knowledge of a World War II recording program in which dozens of musicians and singers recorded special phonograph records for soldiers and sailors overseas; I could talk about a 40-year-old baseball pitcher who, in a summer for the ages, pitched his team into the playoffs by winning 25 of 27 games.

But you know what? My cards are on the table. Why don't you come clean, Tam Zuback a/k/a Chuck Sechler a/k/a chuck43 a/k/a barkley34 a/k/a Troll McTrollski, and tell us all who you are?

Because my journalistic credibility, curriculum vitae and ethics are unquestioned. You, on the other hand, are either a Joe Newman sycophant, a flame-baiting troll looking to pick a fight, or a misguided polemicist who thinks he's the best painter on a planet of blind people.

I don't have to defend my background to post on this board. This is a message board, and at the moment is the only message board with any regular traffic on it to discuss minor league basketball. But just as sure as I am that Crazy Joe Newman will add at least one more team before the month of August is done, I am just as sure that you are a flame-baiting troll looking to write a check that your tuchas can't cash.

Shame on you, Troll McTrollski.

Return to “ABA”