Ask the CEO...let the fiction continue

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

Ask the CEO...let the fiction continue

Post by a1sports » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:38 am

Based on the latest ask the CEO about the quality of players betwen the ABA and NBDL we go to the next level:

Ask the CEO

Tom from Anchorage, Alaska asks: Do you think the ABA champ Vermont Frost Heaves could beat the NBA San Antonio Spurs?

CEO replies: Thanks for that excellent question Tom, I have been asked that almost daily. Im not a coach but I will give you my opinion. With the quality of players in the ABA I truly believe that the Vermont Frost Heaves could beat the San Antonio Spurs. The game would have to be played in Vermont. Not that we would use the non-regulation floor to our advantage or the people sitting in the Balcony rocking the rim when the oppossing team shoots free throws. The only requirement would be that we use our ABA head ref, thats all, just to make things fair. The game would be close but I do believe the ABA team would win hands down due to the great players we discovered at the try out camps and those coming back from Europe. We have some great undiscovered talent. Oh one more thing...San Antonio would have to fly and drive 16 hours prior to the game and Ill make sure with ALex that the game starts on time and there is no chance for them to rest a bit after the trip. Its normal protocol for us in the ABA. So maybe you should start a letter writing campaign to Mr stern to set this game up. IT would be fan friendly and affordable. Thank you for the question again.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:47 am

So thats where Tom Chichester is hiding in Alaska.

Joe you are pathetic. The San Antonio Spurs would steam roll the Frost Heaves. Heck, having Robert Horry shooting three's from the court in vermont is like shooting free throws for him. Tim Duncan would pillage the entire team. Joe what are you on? I mean. Damn that Kool Aid must make all of you fools see the next galaxy or something.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

notfunny
Site Admin

Post by notfunny » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:01 am

Where do you see this Ask the CEO?

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:15 am

its fictional, almost like a parody of the "Ask the CEO" that i believe was released today about ABA and NBDL players
The PBL is in Buffalo! Lets Go Stampede!!

CRUSADERSFAN
Site Admin

Post by CRUSADERSFAN » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:16 am

This must be a joke.

Edit: tbayz hit it on the head.

notfunny
Site Admin

Post by notfunny » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:17 am

yeah I figured it was a parody but standard took it seriously

plus parodies are usually funny

tbayz1
Site Admin

Ta Da...

Post by tbayz1 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:20 am

The PBL is in Buffalo! Lets Go Stampede!!

notfunny
Site Admin

Post by notfunny » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:01 am

You know what IS funny though? When people try to make it sound like the ABA doesn't have high quality athletes or that they're "ymca" players or whatever.

seeing as how many of them get big contracts to play overseas

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:06 am

[quote=""notfunny""]You know what IS funny though? When people try to make it sound like the ABA doesn't have high quality athletes or that they're "ymca" players or whatever.

seeing as how many of them get big contracts to play overseas[/quote]

True enough. In fact, in our one season, 6 of our players (and our mascot!) were able to secure contracts with other leagues.

But, you never see the ABA promote this fact, or even supply a list of ABA 'graduates' who move on to other leagues. Most likely because the ABA has nothing even approaching a comprehensive statistical and historical record - even 7 years into its existence.

There are good players in the ABA; but they play in anonymity, with no support or promotion from the league.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Corning Bulldogs
Site Admin

Corning Bulldogs

Post by Corning Bulldogs » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:08 am

Most players in the ABA have a lot of talent and while the league is still trying to work out some flaws from a league standpoint everyone else involved with basketball is noticing the talent level is high in the ABA.

I am not just saying this because ABA player Sun Yue was drafted to the LA Lakers via the NBA draft.

The Newark Express won 4 games last season and In a recent press release they said that they sent 4 players over seas. Talking to other owners , ABA players being offered good contracts overseas seems to be the norm.

We were lucky enough to have it work the other way around. The Corning Bulldogs starting Power Forward is Will Campbell who is 6'8 275 lbs and was a 2nd team Conference USA pick back in 2001 when the conference was loaded with the big name schools and big name talent. Following averaging 12 points and 9 rebounds per game his senior year for Alabama Birmingham (UAB) he worked out for the NBA's Toronto Raptors and eventually signed a very large deal over seas to play in France where he averaged 17 points 7 rebounds and 4 assists per game. The money and fame overseas just wasent worth it to him and after the season he went home and never returned.

Will now has a full time job in his home town of Elmira, NY which is located 10 minutes from Corning, NY and his job is letting him play for us without any restrictions and he hopes to have a break out year and get back to an NBA team and this time stick in the NBA.

The talent in the ABA is better then ever.

Corning Bulldogs
http://www.corningbulldogs.com

Return to “ABA”