Ask the CEO...let the fiction continue

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Oh, no offense intended. Apologies.

I just meant that it should raise a red flag when someone says you're going to get paid 50k to do anything for a minor league basketball team. And that if you don't see that red flag, it's very likely that you're young (which often - but not always - means naive).

I'm probably older than you and I've been around the block a few times. No matter how much money someone has (or says they have), that doesn't pass the smell test.

And, seeing as how he didn't come through, it looks like I'd have been right and you got a valuable learning experience. Unfortunate, but these things make you stronger. Good luck next time out.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:29 pm

It's all good, Sammy! You're right! I think that is what makes the whole situation hurt so much - I probably should've known better. I'm 30, and consider myself a pretty intelligent fellow (not brilliant, but up-to-speed on most things). But if you are allowing me to achieve a long-time dream of playing pro-basketball, and ask me to do all of this other stuff as well, and I do it WELL, and it seems that I'm developing great groundwok to start a nice career in basketball administration...money is a second thought.

I'll admit it...the whole money thing never became a HUGE problem until I was told that my services were no longer needed. I was setting the Aces up to have a solid year, and I knew that money would have to start coming soon (I expected back-pay, of course). Yet, I was tossed aside for an illigitamate reason. My owner and me had a disagreement about his new stupid website -
http://www.2acesbasketball.com, and I told him I thought it was terrible. He wanted to scrap the http://www.orlandoaces.com website I spent the whole season developing and tweaking, making sure the Aces brand was fully represented, and he wanted to scrap it. Unfortunately, he wasn't paying for it - it's owned by me. He wants me to shut it down, but I am not going to until I feel like it. HA HA HA HA...I told him he could buy it from me if he wanted, but, being that he has no money, I knew that wasn't happening! Besides, I still get quite a few hits on it, and I'm promoting my other website, http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com!

In a nutshell, I was manipulated and used, and I think that sucks. I'm sure I'm not the only one, too. In fact, all of the guys last year played for this man for free, when all he had to do was sell a percentage of the team to Dee Brown, who was interested for a long time! Dee was wise, though, and quickly noticed that Todd didn't have the business savvy necessary to succeed. I guess I have been airing this out here because I don't want this to happen to anyonbe else. I'm strong, and have a solid character that keeps me sane despite all of this. I believe God will work all of this out into a good situation somehow. Someone else might have gone crazy, and end up making the 11 o'clock news or something. You just don't treat people like that!

bomp
Site Admin

Post by bomp » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:01 am

File a complaint with the Labor Department and forget about this fool. If he invested in this league and is still in it, he is an idiot. Move on.
Unique ideas lead to prison. Don't name your son after a baseball glove. "Listen dude, do you really want the SEX??"

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:24 pm

Oh..trust me, BOMP...he's forgotten, and I am moving on. I just chime in every now and then to reiterate someone else's point when another person tries to defend this circus of a league.

I'm already on to some exciting opportunities. I work for Fox Sports Network now, but plan to be in Pikeville for the East KY Miners tryout next month (I went to Pikeville College, so that should be exciting). I'm hoping to get involved with them - if not playing, in some sort of administrative position. We'll see what happens.

Return to “ABA”