Some more ABA humor...

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
SK10171996
Site Admin

Some more ABA humor...

Post by SK10171996 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:15 am

Taken directly from ABA Live, ASK THE CEO...

ASK THE CEO - FASTEST GROWING?

26-Mar-2007
Question from Richard in Wichita: "I noticed you lost Rochester. But the ABA seems to be the fastest growing basketball league in the country even when you lose a team. And it seems like the only teams that the other leagues get come from the ABA. My question is why does the ABA grow and the others don't?

Answer: Thanks for the question Richard. It couldn't have come at a better time. And I couldn't have written the question better. There are several reasons for the rapid growth of the ABA. First, we are the ABA and have a 40 year image that is amazing. The ABA represents the best of the past combined with the best of now.

You gotta like Joe's math... a seven year old league has a '40 year image that is amazing'...

WHAFAN
Site Admin

Post by WHAFAN » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:19 pm

40 year history? Lets see..........9 years of the original, 24 years off, then 7 years of this bullsh*t. Thats some creative math right there! That being said, how can you possibly count the first 9 years of the original and put them into the same sentence as this present day nonsense? I guess it took 24 years to "retool", so that we can now enjoy teams folding overnight, 80 people in the stands, mismatched uniforms, no stats or records, no website info, players not being paid, the standard " we can't travel" chant, and a con man at the helm.

If you got married in 1975, divorced in 1980, and remarried in 2000 until the present, do you consider yourself as being married for 32 years? This guy Joe must be cracking open his Flomax for bladder control problems and smoking it, cause everything that leaks from his mouth is a piss poor excuse for this lame ass rec league. If this ABA is the same as the original, where are promotions by Dr. J, Rick Barry, Artis Gilmore and the like? They wouldn't wipe their asses with anything with ABA written on it.........for any money

LASportsFan
Site Admin

Post by LASportsFan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:24 pm

I read Joe's post several days ago and found it completely hilarious as well. What else can you say that hasn't been said on this board? This is spin at it's rawest, because Joe's one prized team has jumped ship. He's like a diseased dog that's been backed into a corner; he's willing to lunge at anyone now to save face. This is a most critical point in time for the ABA and Joe, so he could become very desparate in the next few days and weeks. It will be interesting to watch, and entertaining at least. There's a reason that side shows have survived for hundreds of years!!!! Joe's just this generation's side show.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:52 pm

umm Artis Gilmore also played for this Current ABA :confused:

Fells
Site Admin

Post by Fells » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:18 pm

[quote=""TheStandard""]umm Artis Gilmore also played for this Current ABA :confused: [/quote]

Didn't you know that George McKinnis(sp?) is as well? Oh wait, that is his nephew who is playing for Wilmington, so never mind.

Return to “ABA”