Real life imitates art

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Real life imitates art

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:40 am

It's been forever since anyone posted in this forum, but this google alert caught my eye, and nostalgia ensued:

https://romesentinel.com/stories/aba-te ... ome,112743
ABA team coming to Utica-Rome
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2021 12:00 pm
The 315 Wreckers are the newest team to join the American Basketball Association.

The team will be based out of the Utica-Rome area. Coaches on the staff include Stephen Babiarz, Jeffery Litz and Chris Wittman. The team’s owner is Nicole Caquias.

Tryouts for the team will be held on April 25 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Utica Center for Developments Gymnasium, located on Court Street in Utica. Those who want to try out do not need experience playing at the collegiate level, but they need to have the time to be dedicated to the team, community and have the skills to succeed within the league.

The team is still searching for a home gym, but they hope to build their own facility within the year. The 2021 season will begin on Nov. 1. The team will participate in the ABA summer league to get acclimated with one another and other teams in the league. There are over 200 teams involved with the ABA throughout the country.

For more information, contact Caquias at 315-601-8101 or ncaquias613@yahoo.com.
For those who recall the tremendous efforts of our own Chuck the Writer and his regaling us of the exploits of the Utica Wreckers, this brought a tear to my eye. :)
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Return to “ABA”