Haw-WHY are we doing this again?

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:08 pm

http://abaliveaction.com/2017/01/04/haw ... is-season/
HAWAII SWISH TO PLAY LIMITED GAMES THIS SEASON

Indianapolis, IN. The American Basketball Association (ABA) today announced that the Hawaii Swish, based in Honolulu, Hawaii will play a limited number of games this season as it prepares for full entry it the ABA for the 2017 season. “We’ve really want to have a team in Honolulu,” stated ABA co-founder Joe Newman. “But travel has been a problem; Geremy Robinson has solved it.”

Geremy is the President of Team Opencourt Youth Basketball Club, Director of OAHU Basketball League, Director of Hawaii High School Senior Classic All-Start Basketball Game and Directopr of Geremy Robinson Nike Basketball Academy. “This is something I’ve really wanted to do for a long time,” added Robinson. “We’re looking forward to hosting the Yuba City Goldminers, the Tucson Buckets, Orange County Novastars, Arizona Scorpions and Las Vegas Jokers and getting a good jumpstart for next season.”

Johnny White will serve as Head Coach, Associate Head Coach will be Artie Wilson, and Assistant Coach Woodrow Moore. For more information, email geremyrobinson@yahoo.com, call 808 777 9206 or visit http://www.abaliveaction.com.

Thanks
Hawa
Joe Newman

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am

Why does anyone ever think this will work in Hawaii or Alaska?

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:31 pm

But, but... it DID work. The team finished their season UNDEFEATED! :infun:

(yes, it was 4-0, and we have no idea if any of their opponents really were from the cities they represented - and not local YMCA guys - but the team PROMISES they are set for a full season next year, including travel to road games...)

http://khon2.com/2017/03/30/hawaii-swis ... las-vegas/
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

SK10171996
Site Admin

Vegas has a team?

Post by SK10171996 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:48 am

I've lived in Las Vegas since 1999, and I never knew that the Las Vegas Jokers even exist...ZERO mention of them here.

And this was before the Raiders talk.

mateinsixtynine
Site Admin

Post by mateinsixtynine » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 am

[quote=""SK10171996""]I've lived in Las Vegas since 1999, and I never knew that the Las Vegas Jokers even exist...ZERO mention of them here.
[/quote]

You also forgot about the Henderson Hawks playing in this league too, although it looks like they've folded.

For Hawaii, sadly, they did well for an ABA team, playing 4 of 6 scheduled games. I'm doubtful they'll be back though. I get the feeling the cancelled games were from whoever was funding the trips pulling out.

Return to “ABA”