EBA takes jab at ABA

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 pm

[quote=""misenern""]Agreed. Plus, having a professional web presence and frequently updated content are not mutually exclusive.[/quote]

A free website platform may not be as polished looking as a custom site (although not too difficult to design a nice looking website for free with Wordpress), I doubt most casual fans are going to care that much. An updated website is better than a flashy looking site with prehistoric content or the dreaded 'coming soon' page. Plus a strong Facebook or social media presence is just as important as a fancy website. I know with my business most people interact via Facebook and may check out my website to find additional information.

misenern
Site Admin

Post by misenern » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:34 pm

[quote=""wellington""]A free website platform may not be as polished looking as a custom site (although not too difficult to design a nice looking website for free with Wordpress), I doubt most casual fans are going to care that much. An updated website is better than a flashy looking site with prehistoric content or the dreaded 'coming soon' page. Plus a strong Facebook or social media presence is just as important as a fancy website. I know with my business most people interact via Facebook and may check out my website to find additional information.[/quote]

Again, why not do both? Content plus professional design. Casual fans/customers do care - it might be their first impression of your business.

A professional website doesn't have to cost much either. There's lots of options out there today if you take the time.

markaba
Site Admin

Post by markaba » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:24 am

[quote=""misenern""]Again, why not do both? Content plus professional design. Casual fans/customers do care - it might be their first impression of your business.

A professional website doesn't have to cost much either. There's lots of options out there today if you take the time.[/quote]

That's all I'm saying. Knowing that it doesn't cost much, it's not only the cheapest way to look professional but if it's not there, makes you look very unprofessional and cheap (since it costs little). And the content being fresh is very important but can be done on a site that is professional looking or not.

Return to “ABA”