LA/Arizona TV Game

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Sam Hill
Site Admin

LA/Arizona TV Game

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 pm

So, yeah, the big UBC-TV broadcast of Arizona/Los Angeles turned into a Ustream production on Arizona's website.

Oh, and it was craptacular.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/29159716

The "official hostess" girl 13 minutes in asking the coach, "So you guys are gonna kick some butt tonight, right?" was just emblematic of the freak show that is the ABA and its teams.

The announcers were as shaky as the camera work. God, what a joke.

Does anyone associated with the ABA ever hire ANYONE with ANY experience doing ANYTHING?

Have they ever awarded a franchise to an ownership group with ANY track record of running a professional sports team?

They advertised this dreck as being in "50 Million Households." Such morons.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

ElScorcho
Site Admin

Post by ElScorcho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm still researching this team, looking into their validity, but the Giants seem to be on TV. At first I thought this might be a UBC stream, but I think UBC was in New Jersey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QeRdnGECKI

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:13 pm

One of the first rules of life is this... if you spell it "Profesional", you aren't. :)

Cincy_Monarchs_Fan
Site Admin

Half-Time Show... WOW

Post by Cincy_Monarchs_Fan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:45 am

Forget the game, skip to the 01:09 mark and watch the half-time show. Words can not describe this train wreck. Guess this may be a Paul Allsup production. :confused:

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:48 pm

[quote=""Cincy_Monarchs_Fan""]Forget the game, skip to the 01:09 mark and watch the half-time show. Words can not describe this train wreck. Guess this may be a Paul Allsup production. :confused: [/quote]

Holy Moly.........

This is just, Just. ABAish
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm

[quote=""Cincy_Monarchs_Fan""]Forget the game, skip to the 01:09 mark and watch the half-time show. Words can not describe this train wreck. Guess this may be a Paul Allsup production. :confused: [/quote]

What. Is wrong. With these people?

mateinsixtynine
Site Admin

Post by mateinsixtynine » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:01 pm

This isn't the UBC game, but the game the two teams played this last weekend in Phoenix. The UBC game was played in Los Angeles.

But yeah, this is pretty craptacular.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:48 pm

[quote=""mateinsixtynine""]This isn't the UBC game, but the game the two teams played this last weekend in Phoenix. The UBC game was played in Los Angeles.

But yeah, this is pretty craptacular.[/quote]

Originally, the return game in Phoenix was supposed to be a "television game," too, according to Arizona's schedule. Maybe this was what they meant, or maybe it was scheduled to be a UBC game at first.

Actually, check out http://www.arizonascorpions.co (yes, .co, not .com because .com would be too many letters) and see the graphic on the front page promoting the Feb. 9 game.

"Live National TV Broadcast," "UBC TV NETWORK," and "50 Million Households" are all at the top.

As with all things ABA, that was, or course, bull****. That's all this collection of "entertainers" and guys who played ball in high school can do.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:02 am

Based on the video camera's constant motion, are we sure this wasn't filmed aboard the stranded Carnival cruise ship?
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 am

The incredible thing.........is there are actually people watching this. The crowd must number darn near 200. Admittedly the parents of those young cheerleaders are probably all wondering what is going on.............but there are fans in the stands.

The guy with the underwear over the shorts is just..............well.......incredible. Its just off the charts unreal.

Well spotted Cincy Monarchs. Well spotted. I never actually got to the 1.09 mark.

And ABARWB is correct in his analogy between an ABA game and the Carnival Triumph. Everyone is out money, wondering who is in charge, looking at chaos and just wanting to get off as soon as possible.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “ABA”