Please decifer this example of Newman-speak!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
GeneCrowley
Site Admin

Please decifer this example of Newman-speak!

Post by GeneCrowley » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 am

First, check this article out:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012 ... _no_1.html

Now, can somebody out there with more Joe Newman experience than me tell me what in the world he is saying?

ONE:
"After winning its first game on the court of its inaugural season," From all indicators, the Blitz played a game in Phenix City weeks ago before they played their first home game. And those indicators say the Blitz LOST.

TWO:
"Joe Newman, the founder and CEO of the ABA, said the Blitz has shown well in the young season." Shown well? How do you know that? I can't find any solid evidence to the actual number of games they've played.

THREE:
"The Blitz (2-0) was awarded a forfeit victory after facing the Phenix City Bombers." Hmmm, ok, but when was it, where was it and why did they get the forfeit? If they played and the Blitz lost on the court (which is what I believe happened), what's the deal?

FOUR:
"The organization that Tay and Ron and coach Paul have put together has followed the ABA plan..." Wha? There is actually a plan?

"...as it relates to internship program..." And just what does that have to do with drawing fans or winning games?

"...their press and media relations..." Oh, if the ABA 'plan' is to keep fans in the dark then the Blitz should certainly be in the top 15! Maybe the top 5!

"...their community relations..." Which consist of what, exactly?

"...and the overall operations of the team. In the early days when we don't have a handle of how strong the teams are, we look at their total operation." Whaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!? You choose a top 25, not based on WINS on the COURT, but how their total operation is run? Wow, I suppose the Blitz Girls need to change their cheers from 'Go Blitz' to 'Go Front Office'.

FIVE:
"Birmingham will take on the Gulf Coast Flash at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Bert Jenkins Gym in Gulfport, Miss." I can't find any evidence the game was ever played. What a surprise.

In this day and time of INSTANT Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/blogs/etc.) how can a league and/or teams not put their information out there on a timely and factual basis? Un-be-lievable.
Gene Crowley

Discover the history of professional sports teams in Birmingham, Alabama at:
http://www.birminghamprosports.com

mikeyratt
Site Admin

Post by mikeyratt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:44 pm

from English to Newmanese- "We provide top quality professional basketball and entertainment at affordable prices." alternate translation- "if a game is missed, nobody gets hurt"

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Welcome to the ABA :mrgreen:

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:53 am

Gene this league is an disaster. An absolute, poorly run, unmitigated, mariana trench of failure, hopelessness and poor due diligence.

Joe Newman is one of the worst CEOs of a publically traded company out there. His rambling, self serving press releases are simply idiotic at worst and pandering to the la
test sucker......ah ..investor at best
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “ABA”