Lightning Strikes Again!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm

[quote=""TEN""] ...Now, 1,600 a game would be wildly, overwhelmingly successful. Hell...that's not just the ABA...those would be good numbers in the D-League.

It's REALLY sad to see the state of minor league basketball 22 years after I started in it, and five years after I got out of it... And the ABA has led the charge right down the toilet...[/quote]

Agreed, although I don't think the ABA is leading the charge down the toilet. Like all Best Buy stores, all minor league basketball lacks relevance.

If the ABA leads in anything, it leads in the most copied business model (i.e., current IBA). Seven games left in the season and I still don't know if there is going to be a post season in Gary or if there is going to be a post season--period. 8)

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:51 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]...Either way, Lightning Strikes Again thread grabbed alot of attention this season.Alot more than I thought. Yes,I used some non-professional tactics on this thread.I see you all were annoyed by the frequent typing errors throughout the season.I figure I needed to be original and do something on a normal basis that would stand out,so why not make the same typing errors?Thank you all for the attention.We were trying to figure out a way to let minor league basketball know that Little Rock had a new team that isn't associated with the old Arkansas Rim Rockers.Now that all of you know that we exist,we greatly appreciate the attention![/quote]

Hmmmmm. I didn't notice your typos, but I myself am the supreme master of fragmented and run-on sentences...so I tend to miss that sort of thing. Ironically, moments ago while making another post I received an automated call from the IBA Gary Splash reminding me of tonight's game. I'll bet you would receive more attention than intentional typing errors if you got telephone numbers of fans and potential fans then sent out automated calls with team news.

Just a thought. 8)

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

A Storm is Coming!!!

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:24 pm

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]I'll bet you would receive more attention than intentional typing errors if you got telephone numbers of fans and potential fans then sent out automated calls with team news.[/quote]

Why deal with the headache of automation? It wouldn't take LR Lightning that long to personally call each of their fans.

Go Lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:17 pm

"The Little Rock Lightning team, which was part of the South Central division last season, is now listed as an ABA travel team."

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4464653

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:47 pm

How can that be? They had a couple hundred people at their games! They assured me things were looking up!
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Hey!!!!!!!

Post by LR Lightning » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Ok. Its been 6 long months. I am back on OURSPORTSCENTRAL!!! Unfortunately,Im not with the Lightning anymore. I'll fill you guys in on what transpired. So, where was I, oh, so...the man received a call from Joe Newman. He said there was a disgruntled owner(Gainesville Heat) that was complaining about front office personnel(me) with the Lightning. The man called me and asked what was going on.I told him and he was mainly mad at me for being on oursportscentral without his permission. The second thing was Newman calling him getting the complaints from the heat owner. Slander and defamation of character were among the many charges.I was fired via text and email. The night before I was fired,my gmail accout had notified me that there was a hacking attempt on my account.Just this past week,The heat owner was booked into Hall County Jail on $28,000 bond. I did due diligence toward the heat owner and I found my research and resources to be accurate and true about him. Country, bammer ass,slick talking,scam artist! Karma! :cool:

As for the Lightning, the last I heard, they just had tryouts last weekend.They will be a traveling team,so I guess no more Hall???I havent spoken to the man since he fired me. But when I look at how things went down, he didnt care about me or my side of the story.All he really cared about was appeasing Joe Newman and the heat owner.Well,now the Lightning dont have a home and I havent heard anything about this season coming up regarding the Lightning. Conway Cyclones are up and running.Web site looks good and full schedule,but no Lightning scheduled. Other than that, the Lightning website is still up,just no new news. So,I guess things happened for a reason. I am a firm believer in all the criticism that the ABA has received.Its too bad I had to experience it first hand to fully lose faith in this system or lack thereof. But, I can say I worked for an ABA team! It was fun. The players were awesome.Its just messed up how my time ended. Oh well. Whenever I see or find out the Lightning are playing,I'll be there! This time,paid admission :rolleyes:
GO LIGHTNING!!!!!

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

Weather Forecast - Little to no Lightning expected

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm

[QUOTE=Anonymous Spectator;162997I will put my money where my mouth is. If the Little Rock Lightning play 20 games next season, I will mail you a check for 25 game tickets ($250). You can do with the cashiers check or tickets as you please. I live 250+ miles away and was simply passing through town when I caught your game (and yes the photos were taken just before the game started, but my counts were accurate).

However, if the Little Rock Lightning do not play 20 games next season, you should mail me a Lightning game jersey.

Either way, please do not stop posting. You are a trip. In the end, the ownership of your team and every ABA team (except the former Kansas City Knights...they did it right) WILL LOSE MONEY!!![/QUOTE]

Feeling good about my prediction on 4-4-2012. It is 12-18-2012 and no games have been played by...and no 2012-13 schedule is posted for...The LR Lightning!!!!!!! Knew it...

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:57 am

Ya but .......................c'mon. 2 things. LR Lightning did get fired (by text). Which in the ABA is impressive. Most employees just...........oh excuse me..............most volunteers find out the team has entered the basketball version of the witness protection plan and simply vanished when they turned up for a game to find the doors locked.

Also, it is a sucker bet. Kind of like saying Manchester United will win another game this season, or the sun will rise in the East. You know, an ABA team will fold is is probably the closest thing to a 'lock' that anyone can imagine.

Joe Newman has to be the worst league CEO I've ever seen. Now I don't follow the Iranian Wrestling League or the Finnish Volleyball Association but I have never seen anyone who is such a poor leader. A fantastic salesman and when you call Joe, a really nice guy (seriously) but just a p**s poor leader.

That being said, Anonymous Spectator did call LR's bluff and flat out won fair and square. Which is the only known time I have put "fair and square" and "ABA" in one post.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:51 pm

:redface: You guys are great! I think this forum is a good platform for opinions and critics.I certainly had a blast while posting on here.I spoke with Coach Dave Clark and he said they will only fill in games for teams when needed,kinda like the Dallas Impact last season.I still haven't spoken to the man. I dont think im going to. It really doesnt matter to me either way. When they do play Ill give a detailed report on the game.
Anonymous Spectator-get off your high horse guy.Know it all. I bet you used to get smacked upside the head while sitting in the backseat as a child for mouthing off to your parents eh?Let me know when you start your team so I can come check out what you've got going,loser. :infun:
Go Lightning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

Forecast: Lightning - sporadic and dissapating

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:24 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]
Anonymous Spectator-get off your high horse guy.Know it all. I bet you used to get smacked upside the head while sitting in the backseat as a child for mouthing off to your parents eh?Let me know when you start your team so I can come check out what you've got going,loser. :infun:
Go Lightning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

1. Never was abused by my parents.
2. Never mouthed off to my parents.
3. Why would I start an ABA team? That would be STUPID and COSTLY.
4. You were fired by text and email. LMAO!!!!!!!

Return to “ABA”