Lightning Strikes Again!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 pm

LR Lightnings posts have the qualities of one Joe Newman's posts...He must have gone to the Unca Joe school of promotion...

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 am

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]LRL -

You are coming to this board brand new and picking fights with people who have been here for years. Rather than calling out people for their resumes, take a few minutes to go through the pages of this site - especially in the ABA section, and it's amazingly poor history. Spread throughout these pages are people with all kinds of experience, knowledge and passion for minor league sports; people who can be an ASSET to you, if you allow yourself the opportunity to do so. We have seen it all here; and many of the things detailed here you will be hard-pressed to believe actually happened. However, unlike Joe - who never met a "fact" he couldn't support, or a promise he couldn't keep - we use the releases by myriad ABA officials to document the abysmal performance record of the league over the years.

And as someone who posted here as a team employee - once established that you work for a team, each of your posts reflects upon that team, regardless of whatever distance you pretend to put between your work and your personal opinion. Put it another way - if the marketing director for the Chicago Bulls was on OSC, his posts would be a direct reflection on his franchise as well as himself.

You no doubt have the excitement and enthusiasm that any start-up franchise can benefit from on and off the court; as you make your way through the team's season you will develop strong opinions on any variety of topics and issues with the league, opposing teams, etc. I would caution you, as an employee, to read twice before you post any disparaging comments. Joe has a way of twisting even the most innocuous of statements into personal attacks, and he has an extremely long memory and vindictive streak miles wide. Should any of your comments be construed by him as being directed toward him in any way, your owner will hear from him, and he will degrade you - sight unseen - to the point of putting either your job or the team's future in jeopardy. You have seen that there is really no leadership to speak of, no structure in place, and no real professionalism to speak of coming from the Kitchen Cabinet in Indianapolis. Don't underestimate the possibility of Joe fixing it so your team gets screwed over for the post-season, should you advance. The "Power Poll" has absolutely nothing definitive about it; no set structure, point totals, method, etc. Joe himself has admitted publicly that the poll is drawn from how he feels that day. He can very easily set your team up to fail, just because he has a bug up his better half with your team's name on it.[/quote]

I didnt pick a fight with anyone.Im not here to pick fights.I shouldnt have had to let anyone on here know that this forum is for people that dont hurl insults.Hurling insults,well thats considered picking a fight.Sam Hill wanted to be an internet gangster ballbuster.His buddie wanted to defend him when I stood up for myself.I will not be intimidated by people who hurl insults at me.Criticize me all day,thats fine.But insults?Come on,that is picking a fight.He doesnt have to follow any of my threads about the Lightning.Thats all I wanted to say about picking a fight.Im done responding to him and anyone who wants to hurl insults,but they arent use to people who stand up and defend themselves.

As far as the league office,I apologized for anything misconstrued or any offensive post already.I also commended Joe Newman on what he is doing for the minorities here in America.I made a comment on a thread,look at what good is coming from the situation.Thats what im focusing on.The Lightning are embraced in our community.When they see the ABA,they say,oh okay they are in a league,thats it.After that,all they care about is how bad they will beat the opponent.Thats where my passion lives.It makes me feel good to know Im a difference maker in their thought process.They have a reason to go to a good game.Cool dunks,3-D,high scoring,and the refs are usually hilarious.

Im good on this whole situation.The Lightning play Memphis Bluff City on saturday and I got work to do!
Go Lightning!

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:27 am

Little Rock has a population of 193,000... drawing a crowd of 200 means the community has embraced your team? :cool:

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:10 am

I also commended Joe Newman on what he is doing for the minorities here in America.

What exactly IS Joe Newman doing for minorities here in America?

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

Rather...

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 am

Replace for with to....more realistic. Sad to say.
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:29 am

[quote=""newiflfan""]Little Rock has a population of 193,000... drawing a crowd of 200 means the community has embraced your team? :cool: [/quote]

200 and still growing.The same fans from the beginning still have interest in the team.They bring in new people with them every game.More teenagers are showing up too,and thats big for a saturday night game or sunday matinee, because there is a mall around the corner from where we play and thats where the teens hang out.You have to see it for yourself.Section by section,more fans are in the seats.And Id rather see our attendance steadily grow than steadily decline.And its our first season.

Disrtict play just ended,and now its state playoff time for the h.s. basketball teams.Alot of people already had those games on their agenda.Then again, that might explain why we had more teens.Maybe their schools season had ended and they wanted to go watch a game? People have families to spend time with.Arkansas,as a whole, is really big on tradition.Its a place where everyone meets up at a relatives house or friends meet at the local tavern.Most people already have routines on saturdays and sundays.Plus,The Arkansas Razorbacks basketball team are who everyone has their eye on.They have a good team,and everyone knows you cant take attention away from a hogs fan during season.

We crunched the numbers and expectations are not set at a high level,for now.The Lightning are a new product on the market.Spreading awareness is the main focal point.

Oh,and the majority of the 193,000 population here in Little Rock are more concerned with Razorback Football than anything else.Even though its not football season,recruiting is the big deal nowadays.Their baseball team started too.And Hog fans will drive up to Fayetteville for events on any given night.Basically,if it aint the razorbacks,forget about it.Attendance is rising every week,so no concerns about our numbers from me.Am I satisfied or content with the results this late in the season,of course not! Then again, 200 and still growing is a long way from 20-50 per game to start the season.
Last edited by LR Lightning on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 am

[quote=""TEN""]I also commended Joe Newman on what he is doing for the minorities here in America.

What exactly IS Joe Newman doing for minorities here in America?[/quote]

He offers them the chance to run a professional sports organization.Minority owners in the NBA?
Lets count together,Jay-Z has the Nets,Jordan has the Wizards,Robert Johnson the owner of BET has the Charlotte Bobcats.Thats 3 in a 30 team league.10% percent? Really, why only 10% in the NBA? Next Sport football.NFL,ZERO! Major League Baseball,ZERO! NHL,ZERO! The respective minor league farm teams for these leagues,ZERO! Do you see my point?
Last edited by LR Lightning on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

SK10171996
Site Admin

put spaces after punctuation

Post by SK10171996 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:09 am

[quote=""LR Lightning""]He offers them the chance to run a professional sports organization.Minority owners in the NBA?
Lets count together,Jay-Z has the Nets,Jordan has the Wizards,Robert Johnson the owner of BET has the Charlotte Bobcats.Thats 3 in a 30 team market.10% percent? Really, why only 10% in the NBA? Next Sport football.NFL,ZERO! Major League Baseball,ZERO! NHL,ZERO! The respective minor league farm teams for these leagues,ZERO! Do you see my point?[/quote]

Jordan doesn't have the Wizards. He hasn't been with them since 2003. He's owned the Bobcats for a couple of years now... on that note, Jordan bought the team FROM Robert Johnson..

The Seattle Mariners are owned by a Japanese businessman.

Oh, and I'm not affiliated with any team or league.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 am

[quote=""LR Lightning""]He offers them the chance to run a professional sports organization.Minority owners in the NBA?
Lets count together,Jay-Z has the Nets,Jordan has the Wizards,Robert Johnson the owner of BET has the Charlotte Bobcats.Thats 3 in a 30 team league.10% percent? Really, why only 10% in the NBA? Next Sport football.NFL,ZERO! Major League Baseball,ZERO! NHL,ZERO! The respective minor league farm teams for these leagues,ZERO! Do you see my point?[/quote]

I bet that number would be even higher should you and your fellow Mid-South owners ditch the ABA and start up your own league (similar to what the TRBL and FBA are doing)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:07 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]He offers them the chance to run a professional sports organization.[/quote]
Whatever the chance is, regardless of race, these are really semi-pro teams in the vast majority of cases and often are closer to amateur squads.

Return to “ABA”