Lightning Strikes Again!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
LR Lightning
Site Admin

Lightning Strikes Again!

Post by LR Lightning » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:18 am

I am a fan of the Little Rock Lightning,members of the ABA South Central Division with Conway Cyclones,North East Arkansas Swag,Memphis Bluff City Reign,Dallas Impact,Missouri Rhythm,and Nashville Soul.

We have a great team and a great coach. I am going to follow the progress of the lightning for the rest of the season and post treads of the scores here on oursportscentral.

This is the first year of existence for the Lightning.They are currently ranked 18th in the ABA power ranking and their current record is 11-6.

Today, we beat the Conway Cyclones 135-130 at Hendrix College in Conway,Arkansas.Great job fellas! Conway comes to town on Saturday Feb,18

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Wait...I thought you worked for the team? So you're not a fan, you're an employee?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 am

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Wait...I thought you worked for the team? So you're not a fan, you're an employee?[/quote]

On this board,I am a fan.

Yes I am employed by the Lightning.On this board I'm not trying to sale tickets or ask people to come out because of some promotion I thought up or nothing like that, Im just logging our progress as a team. Are you with a team?

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

Why not?

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 am

Too funny...are you with a team Sam? Hee hee
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]On this board,I am a fan.

Yes I am employed by the Lightning.On this board I'm not trying to sale tickets or ask people to come out because of some promotion I thought up or nothing like that, Im just logging our progress as a team. Are you with a team?[/quote]

Actually, since you have made it quite clear you're employed by the team, on this board you are not "just a fan." I would argue that as soon as you come out like you have, everything you post in one way or another represents the team.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:12 pm

[quote=""utahstarsticketholder""]Too funny...are you with a team Sam? Hee hee[/quote]

Happy to say I am one of the few, the proud, who have never been burned by the ABA, have never lost a dime through the ABA, have never tried to be with a team in the ABA, have never been rejected by the ABA, have had no dealings with the ABA.

I am merely an observer who hates to see dishonesty succeed and ineptitude run rampant. I revel in the misfortune of those who should know better, yet continue to cling to the idea that the ABA is the place to live out their basketball dreams. I laugh at the braggadocio of those who constantly say they're going to make it work, yet who never seem to.

And I'd like to see Joe Newman behind bars, but not because of anything he's ever done to me (except be rude, once, but you don't go to jail for that).

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Tonight we play the Conway Cyclones here in Little Rock.We are 3-2 against Conway and we now have Chucky Moore! He played for Conway earlier this season.He threw down some monster dunks in an exhibition game last saturday for the Lightning.Our last game against Conway, we won 135-130.
Go Lightning!

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:39 pm

[QUOTE=newiflfan;161772]Actually, since you have made it quite clear you're employed by the team, on this board you are not "just a fan." I would argue that as soon as you come out like you have, everything you post in one way or another represents the team.[/QUO

Im not posting community events or promoting team tryouts or selling tickets.Like I said before I am a fan on this board and I am logging the progress of the team.They are doing good on the court and in the front office.Doesnt everyone expect them to fail? Cant I talk about the good things happening? Technically,anything posted about the team, represents the team.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:49 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Happy to say I am one of the few, the proud, who have never been burned by the ABA, have never lost a dime through the ABA, have never tried to be with a team in the ABA, have never been rejected by the ABA, have had no dealings with the ABA.

I am merely an observer who hates to see dishonesty succeed and ineptitude run rampant. I revel in the misfortune of those who should know better, yet continue to cling to the idea that the ABA is the place to live out their basketball dreams. I laugh at the braggadocio of those who constantly say they're going to make it work, yet who never seem to.

And I'd like to see Joe Newman behind bars, but not because of anything he's ever done to me (except be rude, once, but you don't go to jail for that).[/quote]

WE DIDNT ASK HOW YOU FELT ABOUT THE LEAGUE OR THE OWNER,WE ASKED YOU ARE YOU WITH A TEAM? Nobody said anything about leagues.I'm going do my best to help THE TEAM.Notice I still havent mentioned anything about league.You can still be a part of a team and help make a positive difference for the team and the community,Back to the original question,Are you with a team? a simple yes or no will do.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:19 pm

I'd ask "What part of what I wrote did you not understand?" but the answer, obviously, is "all of it."

Did you see the part where I said I "have never tried to be with a team in the ABA?"

Did you miss that part?

You're an idiot.

Return to “ABA”