Lightning Strikes Again!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:03 am

[quote=""LightningMan""]I have a degree in English. Learn how to type, spell, and punctuate and leave Sam alone.[/quote]

Were you the tutor for Tweaker Sam? Tell Tweaker Sam to put his helmet back on and stop trying to be an internet thug. Dont defend his ignorance toward me.Forget him, he couldnt even answer a simple yes or no.

As for you, learn to mind your own business and stop defending adults that hurl insults over the internet. And I didnt ask you if you have an english degree, but since you offered the info, go read a book on minding ones own business. Dont think I can be easily intimidated.You wannabe ballbusters are missing happy hour at the bar.

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:08 am

[quote=""The Sweeper""]I tell you what. I don't pretend to be a fan, I AM a fan. And I can just about guarantee you that the regular folks here know who I am. You can go ahead and search the forum for a pic I had taken with Tom Chichester, the head ABA official.[/quote]

ok. Who's your favorite team?

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:14 am

[quote=""LightningMan""]Do you have any evidence of this?[/quote]

Reread the forum from the Buffalo Stampede fan section. From beginning to end. I do recall a few gms and owners from teams being outed on oursportscentral.com when they shifted to the acpbl.

Im just recalling what I read.I dont know the people personally.Either way, I was honest and upfront about my involvement with the team from the start when I was asked.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 am

LRL -

You are coming to this board brand new and picking fights with people who have been here for years. Rather than calling out people for their resumes, take a few minutes to go through the pages of this site - especially in the ABA section, and it's amazingly poor history. Spread throughout these pages are people with all kinds of experience, knowledge and passion for minor league sports; people who can be an ASSET to you, if you allow yourself the opportunity to do so. We have seen it all here; and many of the things detailed here you will be hard-pressed to believe actually happened. However, unlike Joe - who never met a "fact" he couldn't support, or a promise he couldn't keep - we use the releases by myriad ABA officials to document the abysmal performance record of the league over the years.

And as someone who posted here as a team employee - once established that you work for a team, each of your posts reflects upon that team, regardless of whatever distance you pretend to put between your work and your personal opinion. Put it another way - if the marketing director for the Chicago Bulls was on OSC, his posts would be a direct reflection on his franchise as well as himself.

You no doubt have the excitement and enthusiasm that any start-up franchise can benefit from on and off the court; as you make your way through the team's season you will develop strong opinions on any variety of topics and issues with the league, opposing teams, etc. I would caution you, as an employee, to read twice before you post any disparaging comments. Joe has a way of twisting even the most innocuous of statements into personal attacks, and he has an extremely long memory and vindictive streak miles wide. Should any of your comments be construed by him as being directed toward him in any way, your owner will hear from him, and he will degrade you - sight unseen - to the point of putting either your job or the team's future in jeopardy. You have seen that there is really no leadership to speak of, no structure in place, and no real professionalism to speak of coming from the Kitchen Cabinet in Indianapolis. Don't underestimate the possibility of Joe fixing it so your team gets screwed over for the post-season, should you advance. The "Power Poll" has absolutely nothing definitive about it; no set structure, point totals, method, etc. Joe himself has admitted publicly that the poll is drawn from how he feels that day. He can very easily set your team up to fail, just because he has a bug up his better half with your team's name on it.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:32 pm

LR Lightning -

There is something you definitely need to understand. If you are employed by a minor league basketball team, and you post on a message board about your minor league basketball team, then we are going to understand those posts to be reflective of your employment with that team. Something going wrong with your team? You hush it up. Something going wrong with one of your upcoming opponents? You trumpet their failures in every post. You have a dispute with another minor league? You'll trash them wherever you can. A fan without an employed affiliation with a team can do this. Someone who's working in the front office should not.

Case in point. With extremely rare exceptions, I do not post on OSC during the winter basketball seasons. Why is this? Because I work with two professional minor leagues - the PBL and the NBL of Canada. I make no secrets about who I work with, and to avoid any conflicts of interest or suspicions of propaganda, I stay off the message boards until the final game of the championship series has been played.

If you do work for the Little Rock Lightning, as you say you do, you might want to consider moving your comments to the press release section of OSC.

Of course, your immediate attacks in this blog thread on Sam Hill kinda make me suspect your last name might possibly be McClure...

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:43 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]So what? its good stuff I post...[/quote]

Well, that's debatable...

[quote=""LR Lightning""]and im sure he would commend me for standing by my words and posting the progress of the team.[/quote]

Your owner would commend you, a paid employee of his team, for coming on here and calling potential fans names? Really? He'd want you calling people idiots and such?

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:57 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]Were you the tutor for Tweaker Sam? Tell Tweaker Sam to put his helmet back on and stop trying to be an internet thug. Dont defend his ignorance toward me.Forget him, he couldnt even answer a simple yes or no.

As for you, learn to mind your own business and stop defending adults that hurl insults over the internet. And I didnt ask you if you have an english degree, but since you offered the info, go read a book on minding ones own business. Dont think I can be easily intimidated.You wannabe ballbusters are missing happy hour at the bar.[/quote]
He answered your question, which by your behavior is more respect than you deserve.

Anything you type here is potentially my business, as this is an open forum to be read by all.

As to my degree, you challenged Sam by asking if he had one, implying that without said same his posts lacked legitimacy. I offered my degree so that you'd have no excuse to dismiss mine.

Next, if you value your position with the team, you'll want to control and temper what you are saying here. Things here get back to organizations. And no, this is not a threat on my part. I care so little about you and the Lightning that I wouldn't even bother looking up the e-mail address, assuming your team is one of the ABA teams that bother to have one.

You do yourself no favors by getting into fights here.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Standard reminder: the board software has an ignore list. This may be a time to consider using it.

I have. :)

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:33 pm

And the Lightning strike again!The Lightning remain undefeated at home! Today's final score, the Little Rock Lightning 155- Dallas Impact 122.

I predicted a 50 point blowout,but I was way off. The Lightning led 63-50 at halftime. Very sluggish start.Cameron Butler gave us a much needed spark with thunder dunks and a high arching jumper that dropped everytime he took a shot.K.J. Lawerence and Shawn "Scrappy Doo" Reynolds each had 11 assist.We have great floor generals.The big men took the day off though. Danny McCall had is noraml 24 pts but he had only one rebound! That wont cut it.We need more rebound consistency from the big men.The big men have no problem scoring.We allowed way too many second chance points today.
Today's win pushes our record to 13-6.
On Saturday, Feb.25th, the Lightning welcome the Memphis Bluff City Reign here in Little Rock. Go Lightning!

Dont be a regular American.Get up,get out, and do something with your life!

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:29 am

LR- Seriously, you need to be professional on here. You are representing a team that is trying to attract fans and sponsors. I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job but, focus on your position and the positives of your team.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “ABA”