When Will The Lies Quit Coming ?

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
OldSchoolBaller
Site Admin

When Will The Lies Quit Coming ?

Post by OldSchoolBaller » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:44 am

OK, Jan 2010 has come and gone, where is the demise of the ABA that all of you predicted? A1 you promised there will be NO more ABA, but the ABA seems to be thriving more than ever LOL. I would suggest that all of you ABA haters in here go back and pull up all of the doom and gloom postings from 2009 and ask yourselves " Don't you guys look like big FOOLS now? " LOL! I see that you guys wasted away some more of your precious time here on earth worrying about the ABA. Get a life! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. LOL

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:08 am

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]OK, Jan 2010 has come and gone, where is the demise of the ABA that all of you predicted? A1 you promised there will be NO more ABA, but the ABA seems to be thriving more than ever LOL. I would suggest that all of you ABA haters in here go back and pull up all of the doom and gloom postings from 2009 and ask yourselves " Don't you guys look like big FOOLS now? " LOL! I see that you guys wasted away some more of your precious time here on earth worrying about the ABA. Get a life! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. LOL[/quote]

oh look - the bug is back.....
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 am

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]OK, Jan 2010 has come and gone, where is the demise of the ABA that all of you predicted?[/quote]
I don't recall anyone other than possibly A1 saying that. We've seen this cockroach of a league survive for too long now to ever predict its death.

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]A1 you promised there will be NO more ABA, but the ABA seems to be thriving more than ever LOL.[/quote]
You mean the world's most rapidly expanding and contracting sports league?

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]I would suggest that all of you ABA haters in here go back and pull up all of the doom and gloom postings from 2009 and ask yourselves " Don't you guys look like big FOOLS now? " LOL![/quote]
[quote=""LightningMan in 2009""]If a schedule contains games that one or both teams don't know about and doesn't contain games two teams have scheduled against each other, is it in fact a schedule?[/quote]
[quote=""LightningMan in 2009""]What would constitute proof? What do you want to prove?

That said, let me help you a little. Did Joe Newman's board of directors fire him, only to have themselves removed by him (as a majority stockholder) and him reinstate himself? Yes!

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/ ... 649_8k.htm

Was Joe Newman sued by his former business partners for cutting them out of due revenues and found guilty? Yes!

//www.oursportscentral.com/pdf/sDe ... forPSJ.pdf

If this isn't evidence for you that there's something rotten in Denmark, then maybe you don't want to see evidence.[/quote]
[quote=""LightningMan in 2009""]January 2010 is not a lie. It's a set court date. No one knows what the decision handed down will be. But it will happen, whether or not a Versus GOTW airs or not.[/quote]

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]I see that you guys wasted away some more of your precious time here on earth worrying about the ABA. Get a life! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. LOL[/quote]
The unintentional comedy of the ABA beats "How I Met Your Mother" for laughs easily.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:15 am

[quote=""LightningMan""]The unintentional comedy of the ABA beats "How I Met Your Mother" for laughs easily.[/quote]

And the 9:30 p.m. ABA standup show has entirely new material. Love that ABA. Just keep it out of my town.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:10 am

So I was surfing the net, and found this picture of OFB...

[img]http://rob_hoffmann.home.comcast.net/%7Erob_hoffmann/leave-aba-alone-02.jpg[/img]

(what... did you think I was going to take this idiot seriously?)

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:56 pm

I don't recall any of us saying the ABA would be gone by such and such a date.

a1 said he'd reveal himself and his sources if Newman wasn't out by a certain date (of course he didn't man up) and he's constantly saying the end is nigh for this league, but the rest of us know that as long as there are rappers and people who played basketball in high school who think it would be cool to own a team and who have more checkbook than brains, this joke of a league will continue.

So (and this is going to shock you) you're wrong again, OSB. You're just a joke.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Old School - I agree with LightningMan, very few of us (with the exception of A1) have predicted the death of the ABA. Its been stumbling along, for so long, that nobody really thinks its going to die until Newman retires. On the flip side, nobody really thinks its going to accomplish anything either.

Its just like an unsightly pile of wood, debris and trash on an empty lot I see on my drive to work. One day in the future, someone will come along and tidy it up, but it was there yesterday, its there today and I'm very confident it will be there tomorrow.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

OldSchoolBaller
Site Admin

Big Big Big Announcment Is Coming .........

Post by OldSchoolBaller » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:39 pm

It is crystal clear what the motivation for hate is in here. Too bad right now I have an important meeting to attend. I will return tomorrow and will post a long detailed posting about what motivates this hate group. You guys will do a lot of soul searching after tomorrow's posting. Stay tuned .......

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:11 pm

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""] Too bad right now I have an important meeting to attend.[/quote]

...and upon his return, he will show us his "prize".

Originally Posted by Joe, Joe!!! I stick up for you...Give me a job!!!!
Stay tuned .......
We know how it it ends with you.

1) Come on here with a big secret.
2) Ignore our questions.
3) Attack, but don't answer.
4) Come up with more big surprises which you are withholding.
5) Cry like a baby when we attack back.
6) Get banned.
7) Return when every other message board you spam with fiction bans you.

Question for OFB (and other posters)
If an ABA meeting is really about to take place. How much ya wanna bet that a1 has a better chance
of getting in then OldFoolBaller does???
Last edited by tops804 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:27 pm

When Will The Lies Quit Coming? When Joe Newman stops telling them? Just a thought...
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

Return to “ABA”