I'm gonna B a star!!!!!

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
rockhound
Site Admin

I'm gonna B a star!!!!!

Post by rockhound » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:44 am

The following is the entry contract/registration agreement for the contest courtesy of our friends at the Kentucky Bisons.

ABA TALENT CONTEST

Rules & Registration Form

· ABA Talent Contest is a music talent competition to find the best unsigned artist. The competition is open to all genres of music, whether Rock, Pop, Country, Urban, Electronic, or some unique combination! The competition is open to music groups, duos, and solo performers.

· Artists may register for ABA Talent Contest competition at any ABA Team Venue

· Artists may use original songs and perform any song of their choice.

· ABA Talent Contest talent competition consists of several rounds of competition, with winners in each round progressing to the next round. Live Preliminary and Semi Final rounds will be conducted across the nation by geographical region. The Live Final round takes place at the ABA Championship game where one final winner will be chosen.

· ABA Talent Contest may film all live rounds of the competition, parts of which will be edited for programming on ABA Talent Contest TV, with viewing on The Official ABA Entertainment website and the ABA Talent Contest YouTube Channel. A reality television program may also be placed on one or more broadcast television channels. Artists must consent to be filmed at anytime during participation in ABA Talent Contest competition and consent to their appearance in any public display of such film.

· The Grand Prize will be a Major Recording Contract with Global Music Group distributed by Fontana.

· There is an artist registration fee of $100.00 that must be paid at the time of registration before an artist may perform.

· During each round, artists will advance by a combined vote weighted 50% to the public and 50% to industry judges.

· All contestants must register for ABA Talent Contest at the venue in which they are performing.

· A Contestant may enter the competition as many times in a season as they choose but must pay a registration fee each time.

· Any artist entering the talent contest must be free from any recording contract and eligible to sign a contract with a record label if they win.

· No artist entering the talent shall be represented by a manager, agent, or attorney.

· All artists entering the talent contest agree by signing the registration form to sign a management contract and agency contract with Global Music Group if they win the competition.

· All artists entering the talent competition agree to follow all rules set by each ABA venue, Global Music Group, Fontana, and the entertainment directors of each competition.

· The grand prize for the ABA Talent Competition will be a recording contract with Global Music Group and consist of the following:

1. The winning artist will sign a 360 all inclusive deal which will include a management contract and agency contract for (1) album.

2. Global Music Group will record the winning artist in GMG’s studio or a studio provided by GMG at the sole cost to GMG.

3. Global Music Group will provide the producer of GMG’s choice for the album to be recorded by the winning artist.

4. Global Music Group will pay all cost associated with the album to include mixing and mastering.

5. Global Music Group will pay for a professional photo shoot for the winning artist at a location provided by GMG.

6. Global Music Group will pay for and hire a publicity firm to promote the winning artist.

7. Winning artist understands and agrees that Global Music Group will control all aspects of the record deal including the time frame in which everything is scheduled.

8. Winning artist will receive a contract offer from Global Music Group within 30 days of being crowned the overall winner of the ABA Talent contest and will have an additional 30 days to consult with an attorney in regards to the language of the contract. The contract offered by Global Music Group will be non-negotiable and issued as is.

By signing this rules & registration form below all contestants agree to all of the above terms and certify that they meet with all of the requirements.

____________________________________ ________________________________

Contestant Name (Print) Contestant Name (Sign)

I like the part where they are making sure the contestants will not have management or an attorney.

No artist entering the talent shall be represented by a manager, agent, or attorney.

By signing this they are also obligating themselves to sign a contract that they haven't even had the chance to see yet.

All artists entering the talent contest agree by signing the registration form to sign a management contract and agency contract with Global Music Group if they win the competition.

An the coup de gras: When all is said and done they have 30 days to have an attorney read the contract to them, a lot of good that does since they are already obligated to sign it anyway.

Winning artist will receive a contract offer from Global Music Group within 30 days of being crowned the overall winner of the ABA Talent contest and will have an additional 30 days to consult with an attorney in regards to the language of the contract. The contract offered by Global Music Group will be non-negotiable and issued as is.

I wonder if this would even stand up in court as any contract may be nullified by a judge if it is deemed to be egregiously unfair to either party.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:42 pm

[quote=""rockhound""]
· No artist entering the talent shall be represented by a manager, agent, or attorney.[/quote]

Artists entering talent? Sounds like an R.Kelly situation to me.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

One Question or Two

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:50 pm

How much is the entry fee?
Do you take checks?
Tell it to the cows, Firedog
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

hurricanes
Site Admin

Post by hurricanes » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:55 pm

For those people that are not in the music business and now think they know how a contract should be written, you should do some fact searching before you make an attempt to look intelligent,

All music contracts, including American Idol, etc... are worded the same way, this will prevent any problems with management companies or agents trying to pad the competition. ALL ARTIST FROM AMERICAN IDOL SIGN A MANAGEMENT CONTRACT WITH 19 ENTERTAINMENT, this protects America Idols interest. That is exactly what Global Music Group is doing.

If you are an artist and don't approve of the way the registration form is written, DON'T ENTER.

This concludes Music 101 for the day.

rockhound
Site Admin

Here are the facts!

Post by rockhound » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:09 pm

[quote=""hurricanes""]For those people that are not in the music business and now think they know how a contract should be written, you should do some fact searching before you make an attempt to look intelligent,

All music contracts, including American Idol, etc... are worded the same way, this will prevent any problems with management companies or agents trying to pad the competition. ALL ARTIST FROM AMERICAN IDOL SIGN A MANAGEMENT CONTRACT WITH 19 ENTERTAINMENT, this protects America Idols interest. That is exactly what Global Music Group is doing.

If you are an artist and don't approve of the way the registration form is written, DON'T ENTER.

This concludes Music 101 for the day.[/quote]

Differences between Idol and Global

#1 The American Idol contest does not in any way bar a contestant from having attorney representation during any time of the contest process.

#2 The only time a competitor is barred from having management or an agent is if they are accepted into the "Semi-Final" round.

http://media.americanidol.com/auditions/season_10/forms/ai10_auditions_rules.pdf

http://media.americanidol.com/auditions/season_10/forms/ai10_auditions_short_release.pdf

BTW: There is NO WAY IN HELL that the winners package is worth anywhere close to a million dollars. There is no advance, no apparent requirement for Global to front the costs of a music video, and no guaranteed tour dates. You have to be a complete moron to enter this contest....wait a minute that is the ABA business plan. Par for the course.

A couple of questions.

#1 Who is barred from entering the contest? Are employees of the teams allowed to enter. I know one of the Bison girls is dying to enter the contest (potential conflict of interest).

#2 The rules say you can enter multiple times at $100 each. Well how does that work if there are "rounds". Can a person get eliminated in the first "round" then enter again during the third "round"? That would be a hell of a strategy.

Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:44 am

[quote=""hurricanes""]For those people that are not in the music business and now think they know how a contract should be written, you should do some fact searching before you make an attempt to look intelligent,

This concludes Music 101 for the day.[/quote]

Except for one question, Roland...

What were the categories and years in which you won your four Grammy awards? You advertised that you won four Grammy awards, what were they for? Still haven't answered that question...

Besides, those contracts you got there are the same type of contracts that kept Elvis Presley shackled to Colonel Tom Parker; to the point where Elvis was still contractually obligated to produce three new albums a year, even five years after he was taking up permanent residency in the back yard of Graceland. Any entertainment lawyer who sees those contracts would drag their clients away with all due force before letting them even uncap a ballpoint to sign such a raparacious contract.

So what were those Grammy's for, Roland? Hmm???

rockhound
Site Admin

Grammy's

Post by rockhound » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:41 am

[quote=""Chuck the Writer""]

So what were those Grammy's for, Roland? Hmm???[/quote]
Probably for making the largest bid for Death Row Records and not being able to pay up when settlement day came. Ouch...

Roland you're going to fit in perfectly with the ABA.

hurricanes
Site Admin

Post by hurricanes » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:28 am

just as I thought. People that know nothing about the music business thinking that they do.

You guys had me thinking about the ABA until I realized that the same few people had nothing but bad things to say.

As far as Deathrow records, In order to make the winning bid I made, I had to put up a 1.7 million dollar deposit, Which I did. When it came time to pay the rest of the money we had a 30 day period to review the masters.

294 masters were listed, Suge only turned 23. He told the Court that the rest were lost.

I withdraw our bid and the person that bought it, which is a business partner of mine, paid 18 million and still to this day only has the 23 masters.

Not that it is your business but that is the FACTS.

Another fact is that some of the people on here are not interested in FACTS, they are only interested in slander and BS.

I hope and encourage you to find ONE PERSON in the music business that has anything to say negative about me. I always do what I say and never say anything that I can't do.

Grow up and talk about basketball, and tell the truth about things. Bring the hidden things to the surface, but stop trying to think you know something about a World that you have never been in or could ever fathom.

The readers here would have a lot more respect for you na-sayers if you would just stick to the truth and stop with the BS rumors.

superfan
Site Admin

Post by superfan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:36 am

Roland,

I want you to know that I did my research on you and you are right. I saw photos of you with Stevie Wonder and Barry Gordie taken last weekend.

Don't let the guys in this room that try to find fault with everyone piss you off. You have nothing to prove.

I was backing out of my sponsor deal a few days ago because I thought the people in this room were informed and then I realized that they are just losers trying to make everyone look bad so I called up the team that wanted me to sponsor them and I bought a package.

I am sure they needed the money even thought they have been in the ABA for 2 years.

This Rockhound guy must be really upset with the ABA, I went back through his post and this chuck guy and found out that they have never had anything good to say about the ABA, never.

hurricanes
Site Admin

Post by hurricanes » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:45 am

Superfan,

Thanks but I would never let these people get me pissed off. I only came to this message board because someone sent me a e-mail with a link. I wanted to see what they had to say because sometimes you can find out things that even the best attorney can't find in rooms like this.

I found myself reading through these pages daily and was really starting to sweat a little until I put 2 and 2 together.

The same guys post the same negative crap. I don't know why but they do. I thought at first, maybe they know something but then when they starting taking shots at me I realized it was just another message board with bitter losers with a ton of mis-information.

There is not one person on this message board that has any reason to bash me and not one person that can find a lie in anything I have posted.

but I see they sure as hell try. lol.

I am glad you found a team to sponsor and I hope that you will enjoy what you get in return from that team.

Return to “ABA”