American Basketball Association Going out of Business Sale 2010

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm

I am not look for anything from this board. I can also tell you this, I am one of the most Blessed people in the world. I thank God everyday for what I have. You are right about the BC situation. I really have not said too much as of late except, it looks like they are going to move on. However, I will go back there one last time. My problem was a great ownership group, players and a Community were taken advantage of. I understand most of you agree. If you could call the league and voice your concerns, that would be the way to go about things. That is not an option here, as you can never get anybody in the PBL office. This board, and we know many read this stuff, is a way to communicte to others. If you are considering the league, there are some red flags. You may want to look into the league a litte closer. I have not had any dealings with the ABA. Never talked with anybody either about this league. I do know this, after reading this board, if I were considering a team in a league, I don't think it would be the ABA. I also feel, that because more people on this board have problems with the ABA, it is ok to bash that league. Perhaps, rightfully so. It is obvious to me that A1 had a similar situation with the ABA, that BC had with the PBL. Why is it that he continues to bash that league, and we think his posts are funny? Majority wins. More people dislike the ABA, so it's ok to post non-sense. I try not make negative posts about the ABA, cause I don't know a thing about that league, other then what I read on here. I post about the old CBA, the IBL, USBL and the PBL, cause I know about those league. I understand you are tired of hearing about the BC situation. That is why you will see less post from me, just like you don't see Time Out and Confused and a couple of others posting anymore. We have beat the dead horse, and the PBL did not care to take care of there finiacial obligation to the peple in BC. It's over. Has I said before, the PBL hurt many people, just like the ABA has hurt A1. A1knows better then most, it's hard for that hurt to go away. That has to be one of the reason's he has a hard time letting go. A1, I also want you to know, I am greatful for the service your brother provide. However, I don't need to use Sonnies Military time to divert attention. I proudly served myself, but I continue to see your little digs at him. Let Sonnie know you are as proud of him as are of your brother.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Thu May 20, 2010 2:09 pm

[quote=""Juniper""]I am not look[ing] for anything from this board. I can also tell you this, I am one of the most blessed people in the world. I thank God everyday for what I have.[/quote]
Good to know.

[quote=""Juniper""]You are right about the BC situation. I really have not said too much as of late except, it looks like they are going to move on. However, I will go back there one last time.[/quote]
Here we go.

[quote=""Juniper""]My problem was a great ownership group, players, and a community were taken advantage of. I understand most of you agree. If you could call the league and voice your concerns, that would be the way to go about things. That is not an option here, as you can never get anybody in the PBL office.[/quote]
Really, what would that accomplish? Even if I got Carrie or Doyle on the phone, they'd either nod and thank me for calling and not engage, or they'd tell me their side of the story. But it wouldn't change their position.

[quote=""Juniper""]This board, and we know many read this stuff, is a way to communicte to others. If you are considering the league, there are some red flags. You may want to look into the league a litte closer.[/quote]
True, this.

[quote=""Juniper""]I have not had any dealings with the ABA. Never talked with anybody either about this league. I do know this, after reading this board, if I were considering a team in a league, I don't think it would be the ABA.[/quote]
Then the purpose of this forum has been accomplished, at least for you.

[quote=""Juniper""]I also feel, that because more people on this board have problems with the ABA, it is ok to bash that league. Perhaps, rightfully so.[/quote]
It's okay to bash the PBL. You keep acting like there is a PBL protectorate. Well, someone forgot to tell Ken the Steelheads fan, Basketball Facts, or even me about that. People say negative stuff about the PBL in the PBL forum all the time. But other than Ken and Patrick Dempsey's racing suit, no one has had a never-ending one trick pony like the BCK and the monies they are supposedly owed.

[quote=""Juniper""]It is obvious to me that A1 had a similar situation with the ABA, that BC had with the PBL. Why is it that he continues to bash that league, and we think his posts are funny?[/quote]
Many don't think his posts are funny, and those who do think so do so because they're funny, just like Chuck the Writer and his Utica Wreckers, not because they hate the ABA.

[quote=""Juniper""]Majority wins. More people dislike the ABA, so it's ok to post nonsense.[/quote]
Here again is a defensive posture. If you wrote a funny, satirical piece about the BCK situation and the PBL, it might be well received. You're welcome to try.

[quote=""Juniper""]I try not make negative posts about the ABA, cause I don't know a thing about that league, other then what I read on here. I post about the old CBA, the IBL, USBL and the PBL, cause I know about those leagues.[/quote]
Well, that's certainly an admirable way to be.

[quote=""Juniper""]I understand you are tired of hearing about the BC situation. That is why you will see less post from me, just like you don't see Time Out and Confused and a couple of others posting anymore. We have beat[en] the dead horse, and the PBL did not care to take care of their financial obligation[s] to the people in BC. It's over.[/quote]
Not for you it isn't. And that's really my point. I am concerned about you as a human being. It's time to let it go. And you still show signs that you haven't.

[quote=""Juniper""]As I said before, the PBL hurt many people, just like the ABA has hurt A1. A1 knows better than most, it's hard for that hurt to go away. That has to be one of the reason's he has a hard time letting go.[/quote]
I don't know that A1 is operating from a place of emotional pain. Many people bash the ABA here not from personal pain but from a sense of justice and fair play. You think the PBL has ripped you off? I'm sorry, but the line of bag holders the ABA has created would stretch from Halifax, NS to Wilmington, NC [hyperbole]. They're not even in the same solar system.

[quote=""Juniper""]A1, I also want you to know, I am grateful for the service your brother provides. However, I don't need to use Sonnie's military time to divert attention. I proudly served myself, but I continue to see your little digs at him. Let Sonnie know you are as proud of him as are of your brother.[/quote]
So now you think A1 is the Doc's brother?

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Thu May 20, 2010 3:58 pm

[quote=""LightningMan""]So now you think A1 is the Doc's brother?[/quote]

No - in an earlier post A1 said his brother served in Vietnam; it has nothing to do with Doc.

just setting the record straight... ;)
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Thu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]No - in an earlier post A1 said his brother served in Vietnam; it has nothing to do with Doc.

just setting the record straight... ;) [/quote]
Thanks. I get confused sometimes.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Fri May 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Lightningman, thanks for your concern for me as an human being. You have pretty good social working skills, but just to let you know, I'm ok. I have children and have to much fun enjoying them, and life it self. I am not on here every minute I am awake. I have not lost any sleep. Like I said, I know the people that were involved. They are wonderful people with great integrity. In my career, I look out for the people that do things right. So again, thanks for your concern. I will end with this. All of us that enjoy minor league basketball, have lost some really good owners in our sport. With this comes lost opportunities for players, fans and communities. It boils down to selfish. Because of selfish motives, young people have lost opportunities. Lets just hope that somebody can learn form this.

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Well put Juniper and you know I don't really care what A1 says about me it makes no difference. As I have said my peace on these boards. A1 you should do stand-up comedy so you can bomb like your league.

Juniper
Site Admin

Post by Juniper » Mon May 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Good Luck, Sonnie. Keep taking care of our hero's. We are all proud of what you do. Keep working hard with your team in Battle Creek. Looks like you have a tough road ahead of you to win the Championship. Will your play offs be in the mid west or out on the west coast?

sonnie20
Site Admin

Post by sonnie20 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Yes we have two tough teams coming to Battle Creek, the Edmonton Energy and Albany Legends but we have been on a roll. The playoffs are on the west coast but could possibly play for a Championship here in Battle Creek so wish us luck.

Begather
Site Admin

Best washer and dryer

Post by Begather » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:55 am

[quote=""a1sports""]A book of synonyms, emphasis on, garbage, immoral and unthical..... 10.00

Lot of telephone books, close to 1000 of them, from cities and towns,
labeled " Potential ABA team Owners".............................................. 5.00

12,000 copies of " How to Sell" by Joe......................................... Free

Polygraph machine, never used..................................................... 15.00

Sign saying " ABA Headquarters 1 flight down left turn past the washer and dryer"....................................................................................... 10.00

one unused check book with all 100 checks unused, deposit tickets all used up........................................................................................ 10.00

One throw rug size 10 x 12 matches topuee in color and texture...... 25.00

One 4 drawer file cabinet, empty, labeled "Diligence Reports"........ 10.00

300 McDonalds scratch and win monopoly cards from 2003................ 5.00

head shot picture of the Doc with an arrow going through his head and
both front teeth clored in with black magic marker.............................1.00

6 cases of empty soda cans, crushed, cases marked " expense money for ABA" 15 cents per pound..............................................................2.00

One giant case of , crutches, fake casts, ace bandages, make-up,
Labeled " use for depositions and court appearances"........................5.00

one rubber stamp saying " I OWE U"............................................. 5.00

1 template press release about new ABA team, just fill in name.......10.00

1/2 jar of mind altering drugs, guaranteed to make you think your a CEO..1.00

One Diploma form Phoenix University, Degree in Management skills..... 25 cents[/quote]

Which is the best washer and dryer for domestic usage? I need to know because i am planning to buy one for my home.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Alright, who touched the Dark Mark that conjured He Who Must Not Be Named!

Return to “ABA”