ABA evolves to ABL without Joe

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 am

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""] :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well since everybody in this hate forum receives their information through third hand and fourth hand sources, I find it my duty to share my ABL (worthless) information packet with you. The ABL information packet also contained a copy of Certificate Of Filing of " American Basketball League, LLC " Office Of The Secretary Of State Of Texas, File Number: 801215520

The person who is listed on this document is Ted L Walker. I conducted a Google search and Ted L Walker comes back as being a Houston Attorney.

The person who wrote the ABL solicitation letter identifies himself as Dennis Truax - ABL Commissioner LOL.

Like I said before, " why would anyone want to get involved with an organization (ABL) that has apparently NO loyalty to the league that they are supposedly playing in at the current time? " Just jump ship in the middle of the ocean? This is NO way to set a good example.

BTW, the ABL is asking for a $50,000 franchise fee and a $100,000 line of credit to the beneficiary of the ABL LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! This is funny!

The ABL will be lucky if they get 3 teams for next season. This will NEVER work.[/quote]

Oh, just a shot in the dark here, but maybe because "the league that they are supposedly playing in at the current time" is a complete and utter train wreck?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:42 am

[quote=""bdyer""]I've been saying the Texas teams could probably go it on their own for awhile. They've had a group of four relatively stable teams for a few seasons. That could be a start.[/quote]

Just curious, which four teams are relatively stable?

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 am

[quote=""IndyLegand""]I assume that OldSchoolBaller is Joe Newman?[/quote]

Touched on this once before, either through PM's or e-mails with other posters.
It isn't Joe Newman. Think West Coast...

[quote=""OldSchoolBaller""]So you think it's the owner of the SE Texas ABA Team that is behind the letters that went out to all of the ABA owners regarding starting a new league named the American Basketball League ? Where's your proof? I've received one of those letters and threw it in the trash. The letterhead was cheap and look like it was printed on a $49.00 Lexmark printer. They want $50,000 and a $100,000 line of credit. If they can't even send out a professional looking informational packet (one typed page), then how can they run a professional basketball league? If you are correct that it is the SE TX ABA Team Owner that is behind this new ABL ,I would never get involved with an organization that can't even wait for the season to end before sending out this garbage to fellow teams. I have one word for this " Traitor ". (Disclaimer - I do not know who is behind the ABL and have based this posting on the information provided by A1)[/quote]

...and what does the ABA do? Some CD that contains the ABA's "Keys to
success", and a CEO who promises the moon, but can't even deliver an up-
to-date website....

...and how many of those 54 teams are still playing???
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

bdyer
Site Admin

Post by bdyer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 am

[quote=""preeths""]Just curious, which four teams are relatively stable?[/quote]Relatively is relative for the ABA, meaning there are four teams that have made it through at least one season. I admit I set the bar pretty low on that one. Does that mean they have the wherewithal to pull it off in a league of their own? Probably not, but I'm an optimist. All those Texas ABA teams are in their own conference, which kind of begs the question, what is being in the ABA doing for them? Add the couple of spring league teams in the area and maybe they could make a go of it.

I guess if I was starting a league, I would want to make sure every team could make it through at least one season with no questions asked. Again, my expectations are super low for any league these days.

poppajohn
Site Admin

Post by poppajohn » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Interesting schedule while SE TX Mavericks apparently forage for new league: Dallas Generals, who haven't played lately, are to be in Beaumont on Saturday as replacement for Kentucky Bisons. On March 6, subbing for Nashville, the New Mexico Rim Rockers hope to avenge a 158-72 loss to the Mavs. Sure. But bring more than six players to Beaumont.

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

ABL Letter

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 am

So the ABL wants a 50k to 100k line of credit to join? If I owned a team I would want proof that the guy asking for my proof showed me his first! No way in this very tight market are they going to find teams willing to make that commitment. Heck that can afford the rec league how the H3LL are they going to afford 50 to 100 k.
Not happening.
Waiting for the change of ownership to the name ABA .
BTW If the PBL guys get the rights I will be on there case in the same manner in the need to clean the trash that has been the ABA under Ole Joe and his Joebots.
BTW2 In hindsight, no way the name ABA will ever restored to it's former meaning, too tarnished over the past 10 years. Sad.
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

utahstarsticketholder
Site Admin

Osb

Post by utahstarsticketholder » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:42 am

Dude there is no "league" to leave, years and years same story foldspend teams in your division, conference etc....your on your own to finish your schedule with whomever you can find to play to salvage a season and not loose too much money.
The ABA currently and in the last ten years had no interest in support the teams in their league other then to cash their franchise entry fee checks. Sorry no dishonor in trying to save your enterprise from collapse.
Dear Jack, We believe Joe Newman has a vision. As opposed to blogging his mission negatively why don't you offer suggestions of support and help. We did, Regards Roland Rodgers CEO BSN LLC

Return to “ABA”