Saturday's attendance

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
jwalters
Site Admin

Saturday's attendance

Post by jwalters » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:31 am

I just thought I would let everyone know that the Kentucky Bisons had a very good crowd on saturday night. It was much larger than the 400 I estimated last time and there were a ton of little kids which is good for the teams future. I didn't sit down and do a hand count but I honestly believe it was more than 1,000. That is considering the place was at least three times as full as last time and I had a large margin of error with the hand count. Postive thing is it was the next to last home game and attendance has risen as the season went on. I can see the possibility of Owensboro becoming kind of a southern Bismarck when it comes to small market basketball support. I would like to congratulate the team on the season they have had on and off the court thus far this season.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Good news for Minor League Basketball in Kentucky.

Now, if the Bisons can find a new league to play in, that can further elevate their success and brand.

Better yet, I'd like to see 2-5 more KY cities/markets come forward, to create an All-Kentucky League.

There's are ideas floating out there in regard to Minor League Basketball that encompass the following states ... Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessess, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri.

"Wouldn't you like to know more ..."

basketballjones
Site Admin

Post by basketballjones » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:27 pm

they need also to be able to sell beer at games in the future....Oboro is all mixed up on the whole when and where of beer. Maybe our "great" elected "servants" will pass it....NOT!! be nice though

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:50 pm

I have to admit bbjones, that beer sales bring in extra money off the people that are already there and also bring in more fans on the bottom line. Its a win-win.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

rockhound
Site Admin

State Leagues

Post by rockhound » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:14 am

[quote=""The Magician""]Good news for Minor League Basketball in Kentucky.

Now, if the Bisons can find a new league to play in, that can further elevate their success and brand.

Better yet, I'd like to see 2-5 more KY cities/markets come forward, to create an All-Kentucky League.

[/quote]

There is actually already a Kentucky league. Boris was actually playing in it before the Mavs/Bisons. I believe that league had about 5-7 teams and was straight amateur instead of semi-pro. I believe Tennessee has a similar league.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:21 am

[quote=""rockhound""]There is actually already a Kentucky league. Boris was actually playing in it before the Mavs/Bisons. I believe that league had about 5-7 teams and was straight amateur instead of semi-pro. I believe Tennessee has a similar league.[/quote]

KBDL ?
http://kbdlbasketball.tripod.com/index.html

Return to “ABA”