Games Played So Far

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Anybody want to bet me that floor in Arizona isn't ever showing up?

I'm going to be in Phoenix the week after Christmas...If there's a game I might have to make may ABA "fan" debut.

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Nashville lost at Kentucky, 108 to 115.
Last edited by turbocamyes on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update score

basketballjones
Site Admin

Post by basketballjones » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am

Am now admitting to being a true KY Bisons fan....that game was great! KY is a real team and needs to be recongnized....Nashville is strong team but they were not ready for the challenge and intensity that KY handed them sunday....KY after losing twice to the miners (a very good team I will admit) showed the ABA and the broncs what basketball is all about in Kentucky...now the officials need some work but all in all the best $12 I ever spent. I am telling you these smaller cities need this....how do we get rid of Newman? this guy is wrecking things for everyone.....and how do we keep quality teams like the Bisons and Miners going? New league? modify the CBA? something needs to be done because my freinds and family friken had a blast at the SportsCenter Sunday...he#* even the mascot billy bison was a class act! the kids loved him

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:28 am

How are the crowds in KY?
The PBL is in Buffalo! Lets Go Stampede!!

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:37 am

[quote=""basketballjones""]. I am telling you these smaller cities need this....how do we get rid of Newman? this guy is wrecking things for everyone.....and how do we keep quality teams like the Bisons and Miners going? New league? modify the CBA? something needs to be done [/quote]

THis much I know. When the ABA-CBA thing was being worked out Joe had the CBA basically agree or sign a non-compete thing that (lawyer and co-founder) Dick Tinkham drew up. Basically the CBA won't poach all of Joes' teams.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:29 am

[quote=""basketballjones""]...and how do we keep quality teams like the Bisons and Miners going?[/quote]
Assuming they've got the jack and the wherewithal, join the PBL.

basketballjones
Site Admin

Post by basketballjones » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:43 pm

the best crowd so far was maybe 500 last game 300-350 would be my guess....there seems to be more info getting out here in Oboro like the paper here so maybe it will get for them....I hope so because I do not want them to leave

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Are the Showboats done? They are no longer listed on the league site.

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Some team calling themselves the St Louis Stunners played KC on the 20th.

http://www.kansascityspartans.com/

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:31 pm

[quote=""turbocamyes""]Are the Showboats done? They are no longer listed on the league site.[/quote]

For reasons that have yet to be explained, the 'Boats are now the Texas Fuel. There is a note about it in the Power Poll Joke thread.

I suppose when Mireles jumped ship he took the team name with him?
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Return to “ABA”