ABA Owners & NBA to oust ABA CEO

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Chuck the Writer
Site Admin

Post by Chuck the Writer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:30 pm

[quote=""basketball facts""]I heard that Truax from the CBA office was being asked by the ABA to go and work on and fix the ABA schedule and then in turn start conversations between the stronger ABA teams playing some games in the CBA. Maybe making a CBA/ABA division.[/quote]

Okay, let's take this step for step.

[quote=""basketball facts""]I heard that [/quote]

These are called "weasel words," in that they allow someone to "weasel" out of the statement should the later claim prove spurious. An equivalent would be "Most people say that vinegar prevents frost on car windshields."
Truax from the CBA office was being asked by the ABA to go and work on and fix the ABA schedule
Can't happen. Dennis Truax has enough to do with the CBA without having to work on a rival league's sched. Besides, why would he even consider working for a league who poached one of the CBA's franchises (Rio Grande Valley)? It's about as incongruous as asking Joe Newman to take care of travel for USBL franchises.
and then in turn start conversations between the stronger ABA teams playing some games in the CBA. Maybe making a CBA/ABA division.
This is just fantasy and speculation. Letting Joe Newman be part of the CBA would be like letting Tila Tequila operate a nunnery. Besides, all the "stronger" teams left for the PBL, and any teams that might leave the ABA could not do it until springtime; the CBA has its schedules already set.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:29 pm

[quote=""basketball facts""]Boy you are tough. Read the post, Mr. Truax was asked. People talk, conversations had taken place. Ideas exchanged, call it what ever you want. And depending on how things work out, maybe the cross over in play. You are correct, Truax did not work on the schedule, he was asked opinions, consulting, what if that sort of thing. Guess what, your turn.[/quote]

The ABA schedule has been in the hands of the regional folks, including Mr. Lee in Maywood and Mr. Leonard in Houston ever since Mr. Townsend became unable to work on it. Earl Childress of St. Louis is assembling the master schedule. Mr. Truax never had anything to do with it, nor would he. I have it on excellent authority that Mr. Truax was not asked.

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:36 pm

[quote=""preeths""]The ABA schedule has been in the hands of the regional folks, including Mr. Lee in Maywood and Mr. Leonard in Houston ever since Mr. Townsend became unable to work on it. Earl Childress of St. Louis is assembling the master schedule. Mr. Truax never had anything to do with it, nor would he. I have it on excellent authority that Mr. Truax was not asked.[/quote]

I have it on the same authority that Mr. Truax is not involved in the ABA scheduling.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Wow. Wait and see, wait and see. Things are in the works. Doing abit more research today, I can even go as far as this. Although nothing is guarenteed as far as next season is concerned, I predict there will be a crossover of CBA playing ABA teams. But then again you can say you have it on good authority. Wait and see. I will say it again, if Pitt goes south, this solution has been discussed. P.S. I am glad you are talking to the ABA officials as your authority guys. Maybe you should read about the last 3,000 posts of how the ABA has lied and slanted everything that has come across their desks. Come on, get real

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks for the update Fells. I remember how you had it on good authority that Reading in PBL was not folding and that Quad City was closing it's doors because of the two team ownership rule.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:10 pm

[quote=""basketball facts""]Wow. Wait and see, wait and see. Things are in the works. Doing abit more research today, I can even go as far as this. Although nothing is guarenteed as far as next season is concerned, I predict there will be a crossover of CBA playing ABA teams. But then again you can say you have it on good authority. Wait and see. I will say it again, if Pitt goes south, this solution has been discussed. P.S. I am glad you are talking to the ABA officials as your authority guys. Maybe you should read about the last 3,000 posts of how the ABA has lied and slanted everything that has come across their desks. Come on, get real[/quote]

Look back at my posts, and you will see that I stated I talked to people with both the ABA and the CBA. In fact, I spoke with the one person who could speak definitively about your claim. I have also stated repeatedly that there are good people in the ABA. Just because you attempt to characterize them all as liars, doesn't make it so. Both sides stated the same thing, Truax was not involved in ABA scheduling, nor was he asked to be. He has a job which keeps him busy enough. There are CBA owners who want absolutely nothing to do with the ABA due to prior experience.

As for the future, who knows what it holds? We've discussed time and again the precarious state of the ABA, and we all know that Pitt seems to be a bit of a question mark right now. Bottom line, your claims about Truax are false.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:31 am

I don't see the logic behind the idea of Truax doing the ABA schedule. It would be like Obama taking some time off so he can work on Canada's foreign policy. Each side has far more reasons NOT to do it than to do it.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:32 am

[quote=""basketball facts""]Thanks for the update Fells. I remember how you had it on good authority that Reading in PBL was not folding and that Quad City was closing it's doors because of the two team ownership rule.[/quote]
Except you're misremembering. I was the one who had it on good authority that Reading was not folding, and while you and others equate taking the season off with folding, they haven't folded yet. And two, it was Rockford that folded due to the ownership rule. No one would have claimed that Quad Cities taking the year off was because of that with Rockford already folded.

Have your rememberer looked at.

one way
Site Admin

Post by one way » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:07 am

I love this. By the way, this should be on the PBL thread but since you bring it up. Tom McGuinn will not operate Rockford or Quad Cities next year or the year after that or the year after that. They have folded.

basketball facts
Site Admin

wow

Post by basketball facts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:57 pm

Now. Now that it is official I am done waiting and seeing. Thanks Elvis has left the building!!!

Return to “ABA”