ABA Owners & NBA to oust ABA CEO

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 pm

Well...............

If Larry and the other owners are 'cool with it' then who am I to disagree. They've dropped the 10k, they have the team, its their name on the bill.

Personally if I invested in this league I'd tell Joe to get his stuff together or I'm out. Just like Halifax did, and Manchester did, and Vermont did, and Wilmington did, and Arkansas did and ........................................so on and so on and so on....
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:29 pm

[quote=""cglue""]You are correct concerning the timing of the schedules and I dont think anyone is using Q as a scapegoat here. There were prblems before Q's situation with the travel intinerary and questionable teams. This is the first time ever due diligence has carried through and so we had to adjust to that. Yes it was a TOTALLY late for that and Im sure there is blame that laid around the room.

But with that being said, I dont think we are running from the truth about the schedule. We had to correct it and now post it, but everyone is working together and hard to to move quickly in that direction.

Again, this has no blame on Q, just the fact that that were major concerns for a while and we stepped in and fixed it.

Paul, did you recieve the email of the ticket that I sent you? Some people have been saying that it has taken a while and I just want to make sure that I take care of my good friend.[/quote]

You...don't...think...anyone...is...using...Quentin...as...a...scapegoat? Pardon me while I digest that...

I'm beginning to think that Joe set Quentin up to BE a scapegoat....and continue this charade for another year.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Anyone responsible for creating the ABA schedule is set up to be a scapegoat. It's a nearly impossible job akin to herding cats. One thing Mr. Townsend tried to do was remove teams without venue contracts from the schedule before the season started. That was a good step. Unfortunately, at least one of the teams he removed has already been reinstated.

basketball facts
Site Admin

I heard

Post by basketball facts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:44 pm

I heard that Truax from the CBA office was being asked by the ABA to go and work on and fix the ABA schedule and then in turn start conversations between the stronger ABA teams playing some games in the CBA. Maybe making a CBA/ABA division.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:27 pm

[quote=""basketball facts""]I heard that Truax from the CBA office was being asked by the ABA to go and work on and fix the ABA schedule and then in turn start conversations between the stronger ABA teams playing some games in the CBA. Maybe making a CBA/ABA division.[/quote]

I have confirmed that this is not true at all.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:32 pm

We shall see. Allot of this hinges on Pittsburg. But that is okay. I know what I know. Have a good day

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:49 pm

The facts are that the ABA schedule is the in the hands of Earl Childress after the regional managers put together schedules for the teams in their regions. Mr. Truax has nothing to do with the ABA schedule. The CBA schedule is set.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Great news. Thanks for the info. But, conversations have taken place. Lets see what happens in Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh falls through, you will see it. I will save you the trouble of responding of it won't happen. Let us just wait and see.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Thanks for saving me that trouble, but your original post alleged things that have not happened. For one, Mr. Truax did not work on the ABA schedule, that's according to folks in both the ABA and CBA.

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Boy you are tough. Read the post, Mr. Truax was asked. People talk, conversations had taken place. Ideas exchanged, call it what ever you want. And depending on how things work out, maybe the cross over in play. You are correct, Truax did not work on the schedule, he was asked opinions, consulting, what if that sort of thing. Guess what, your turn.

Return to “ABA”