ABA Owners & NBA to oust ABA CEO

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:48 pm

[quote=""cglue""]Alex, I'll take "He Just Wanted to See His Thread Get Hits" for $1000 please.[/quote]

No, never interested in the hits ... just results.

Something that your league; under the leadership of you CEO; seems pretty lacking over the course of the last 8 years.

Hey, I'm not worried ... It didn't cost me a Market Reservation $.

cglue
Site Admin

Trust Me!

Post by cglue » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:01 am

Nor has it cost me my friend. There has been progress, you are just blinded by the pile of BS in the past(understandable).

Open your eyes and stop trying to find negatives and look in the small window of positives and allow that to grow.

But that wasnt a suggestion or a question bro. This was a misleading thread.

Real Talk!!!!!!!

cglue
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:16 am

[quote=""cglue""]This was a misleading thread.

cglue[/quote]

I thought it was just a thread about possibilities.

And that seems pretty positive to me ...

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:23 am

Now's the time like never before ...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:54 am

[quote=""cglue""]Nor has it cost me my friend. There has been progress, you are just blinded by the pile of BS in the past(understandable).

Open your eyes and stop trying to find negatives and look in the small window of positives and allow that to grow.

But that wasnt a suggestion or a question bro. This was a misleading thread.

Real Talk!!!!!!!

cglue[/quote]

Since the thread was already dug up, let's forget the past for a moment and talk about the present: a league officer who is under arrest, no league schedule the day before the opener, yet another team calling it quits on the eve of the season... where exactly have we seen any progress?

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Actually Cglue, Preeths raises some good questions. Where exactly does the ABA stand right now?

Ask Joe the following
1/ how many teams are in the ABA currently expecting to play this year? (Do NOT accept an answer like "around 30" or "between 30 and 32", try and get an exact number)

2/ What happens if a team playing the Houston Takers forfeits? Who is responsible to get a replacement team to Houston?

3/ When will a schedule be posted to http://www.abalive.com ? (the season starts today)

4/ When do I receive my first profit sharing check?

5/ What games are going to be on tv this year?

Cglue - you are an intelligent man, I really think you are stuck on a sinking ship. You want the Takers to be successful but my only advice is take a step backwards to take 100 steps forward in an different direction.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:01 am

Firing Away at the ABA
http://articles.latimes.com/2006/jul/26/sports/sp-aba26
The ABA name is licensed by the NBA. When the NBA, which owns all the rights to the ABA, caught wind of the start-up league in 2000, it sued for trademark infringement. To settle the suit, the ABA paid $100,000 for use of the league’s name and the red, white and blue ball made famous by the original ABA.

The NBA can void the contract and take the ABA name away if it deems the league is in violation of the agreement. By taking a year off to “reorganize” in 2002, the ABA broke a clause in its contract requiring continuous play during a 12-month span, according to the licensing agreement obtained by The Times. But the league paid the NBA $25,000 for an extension.

The NBA issued a statement about the struggling league: “As we do with all licensees, we communicate directly, not publicly, with the ABA on any issues relating to its license agreement.”
Hmm ... Only 125K to obtain and retain the ABA license?
Last edited by The Magician on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:22 am

That is far, far cheaper than I ever imagined. You'd have to think that brand would have been worth more than that before Newman dragged it through the mud.

I wonder when it expires?

cglue
Site Admin

Good questions but baseless

Post by cglue » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:03 am

[quote=""Paul S""]Actually Cglue, Preeths raises some good questions. Where exactly does the ABA stand right now?

Ask Joe the following
1/ how many teams are in the ABA currently expecting to play this year? (Do NOT accept an answer like "around 30" or "between 30 and 32", try and get an exact number)

2/ What happens if a team playing the Houston Takers forfeits? Who is responsible to get a replacement team to Houston?

3/ When will a schedule be posted to http://www.abalive.com ? (the season starts today)

4/ When do I receive my first profit sharing check?

5/ What games are going to be on tv this year?

Cglue - you are an intelligent man, I really think you are stuck on a sinking ship. You want the Takers to be successful but my only advice is take a step backwards to take 100 steps forward in an different direction.[/quote]

Refuse to explain my reasons why I am still in the league, actually Ive done that several times before and tired of explaining it and thats cool with me.

No matter how I answer this someone will spin it, but there is one note that need to be added. First time in the span of a month since the league has started we have played 100% of our games(LOL). And inspite the train wreck that we have experienced in the last few days, we are still here trying to make this happen because believe it or not, we do have fans like yourselves.

I love fans, I appreciate fans and I enjoy the game like a fan. I get real involved in our games because Im a fan and because of that I must remain in this league to make sure you guys become fans of this league and sport like you once were. No matter what happens, we are pushing for a better league.
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:10 am

[quote=""cglue""]First time in the span of a month since the league has started we have played 100% of our games(LOL).[/quote]

:p Actually 99% ... Jersey vs. Alexandria Avengers , an official regular season scheduled game vs. a non-ABA team, doesn't count.

Westchester didn't show ...

Return to “ABA”