Premature Move Fells

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
cglue
Site Admin

Decision that was made

Post by cglue » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:36 am

[quote=""The Magician""]Good luck to you Larry.

Question for you though ...

Why are you classifying the game on the 15th of November as a "pre-season exhibition game" when the ABA season starts on November 8th :confused:

http://www.knoxvillethunderbolts.com/schedule.html

http://www.nashvillebroncs.com/11.php[/quote]

We all voted to start the season in December. Some teams elected to start in November but you will notice that the rest of us are starting in December. Our home opener is projected for the 6th of December but we should get final draft of our schedule tomorrow.

cglue
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:28 am

if you all voted to start in December, then that is when the season should start... Renegade-like mentality (i.e. starting in Nov for "some teams" or failure to follow league majority) shows disorganization and a lack of overall stability.... just my 2 cents ....

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:44 am

Well lets give Cglue some credit here.

We ask a question and he gives us an answer. Its that simple.

ABARWB asked why have a pre season game after the regular season started and he told us why/how it happens. BTW- The NYY and Tampa Rays did a similar thing a couple of years ago, regular season game in Tokyo and then came back and did pre season.

I'm glad Larry has come on here and stayed on here. I will say that Larry, Burrell and Donye have not hidden from the bad-mouthing on this board. I really believe that all 3 of them represent the solution and not the problem.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:13 am

[quote=""Paul S""]
I'm glad Larry has come on here and stayed on here. I will say that Larry, Burrell and Donye have not hidden from the bad-mouthing on this board. I really believe that all 3 of them represent the solution and not the problem.[/quote]

Indeed. But they can't be the solution as long as the problem continues to mismanage the league. And the problem has made it clear that he's not going anywhere.

They'll all wind up in other leagues eventually -- it'll be their only chance for long-term success. Unless, of course, the problem steps aside and allows solutions.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:52 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]I'm glad Larry has come on here and stayed on here. I will say that Larry, Burrell and Donye have not hidden from the bad-mouthing on this board. I really believe that all 3 of them represent the solution and not the problem.[/quote]
I give them credit for coming on here and being Frank. I liked Carter Patterson for that reason, too. As to whether or not they represent the solution, it all depends on whether they force accountability. There have been a lot of solid owners in the ABA. Most of them have left.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 pm

I forgot to mention Carter Patteson, Lightning Man. Good point. He is a good guy and an honest one.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

cglue
Site Admin

Understand 1 Thing

Post by cglue » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Because of how things were, you have to take one step at a time to get it right. I know you guys really want this league to turn around and want it to happen over night but lets be real, its not. All I ask you to do is to recognize the small steps and lets try to build on that. Its too easy to draw out the negatives and allow them to over shadow the good. And trust me, there is n other person that loves to play the devils advocate than me but we have to take it one step at a time.

I wish some of you would truly call me whom Ive given my number to so you can here from my mouth the lining of hope that I carry. Ask Fells and Preeths, I dont argue at all because Im on the inside and better educated on some things better than you are concerning the league. But I promise if you call me you will begin to see through my eyes why there still hope. You may not believe in it the way I do(and thats cool) but you will understand it.

cglue
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:57 pm

[quote=""cglue""]But pleeeaaasssee listen to me when I say this!!!!

I am not excusing what has happened in the past. You and I talked last season in depth about how I felt and you and Standards were good friends for letting me vent. All Im saying is that by putting teams off for next season that wasnt ready from the league level was good to hear. A small step, but a good one.

Thanks again for being there, you ought to call me sometime man, Ive talked to fells but havent conversed with you lately.

cglue[/quote]

Larry, we'll talk soon. I have to get OSC all set up for hockey, and then I can concentrate more on basketball.

I agree with you that having unprepared teams hold off until next season is better than having them start play this year... not as good as refraining from announcing them in the first place before they had all their ducks in a row, but better than them starting play this year.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:00 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]Anyways..................again, I'm being redundant. I think Joe's initial idea of the ABA is sound but the execution has been sub par. Sounds like things are pointed in the right direction.
But lets clarify that...............it SOUNDS like things are pointed in the right direction. Joe and the ABA has been saying that for years. SHOW US.[/quote]

I can point my car in the right direction, too, but if it's out of gas, it isn't actually going anywhere.

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:05 pm

[quote=""preeths""]I can point my car in the right direction, too, but if it's out of gas, it isn't actually going anywhere.[/quote]
Excellent use of analogy! Bravo!

Return to “ABA”