RadioDavel....is a Joe puppet, enough is enough

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
radiodavel
Site Admin

Go ahead post it

Post by radiodavel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:07 am

Go ahead post it...that is exactly what Joe told me after I sent him the PBL release on profit sharing (I forwarded to a lot of people), I would really love to see the one about ABA broadcasting, even one of the OSC moderators has aired ABA games...so you post any email you want, there will be a lot of folks looking forward to it...again if emailing Joe N is a crime, I would have a lot of company in jail

I didn't see any answers to my questions for you...i think I have been pretty open...I feel honored, Sarah Palin had problems just like this with email, so I'm in pretty good company...your turn to be open..I think the other posters would agree...

hey I'll make you a deal post your email address on OSC and I will cc you any email to Joe N I send....that way you have an inside look...

Have a good night

radiodavel
Site Admin

You tube

Post by radiodavel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwpuuTcoa0

hey folks, I've done a lot of things in radio, but really only kept this clip for my enjoyment, it is me doing a girls hs basketball game in Ohio...I lived here and did all of the games for the local school...I get a little excited LOL, but that was a fun finish...hope you enjoy it

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:15 am

Jeez, man - if you have something, just post it.

It's obvious radiodavel doesn't seem threatened by it, so put it on the board. You often throw out these veiled threats to post this type of jaw-dropping info, but it never appears. You kept saying it will be in your book. It never came out, as far as any of us know.

Do you often have good info? Sure. But you have a lot of 'all sizzle-no steak' posts as well. You say you have any number of emails to choose from - then put one or more up on the boards. Radiodavel seems disinterested, and Lord knows you aren't concerned with Joe's feelings.

But it just seems disingenuous for you to insist on revealing the identity and life story of so many here, yet you steadfastly refuse to do the same.

Frankly, I don't care either way. Your personal life is your business. But you can't fault others here for calling you on it, and the hit to your credibility in their eyes.

So - whadaya got on Dave and Joe?
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 am

Jeez, man - if you have something, just post it.

It's obvious radiodavel doesn't seem threatened by it, so put it on the board. You often throw out these veiled threats to post this type of jaw-dropping info, but it never appears. You kept saying it will be in your book. It never came out, as far as any of us know.

Do you often have good info? Sure. But you have a lot of 'all sizzle-no steak' posts as well. You say you have any number of emails to choose from - then put one or more up on the boards. Radiodavel seems disinterested, and Lord knows you aren't concerned with Joe's feelings.

But it just seems disingenuous for you to insist on revealing the identity and life story of so many here, yet you steadfastly refuse to do the same.

Frankly, I don't care either way. Your personal life is your business. But you can't fault others here for calling you on it, and the hit to your credibility in their eyes.

So - whadaya got on Dave and Joe?
Yes you got that right.It is my business and everything I have compiled the past 4 years about the ABA is for my use. Let me be clear. there is a difference in the ABA con game vs. sloppy business practice ala CBA/PBL. Its up to me and only me what I bring to post here. I post enough and could post so much more. Now dave, you bodly said to post your e-mails to Joe. Lets be clear, there is more to it than your e-mails to joe, its the correspondence back and forth about what Joe wants you to post and you do. I let a few of "your" comments slide by, but you turned into a joe-bot and just let yourself be used. If I didnt see the e-mails back and forth between you and Joe I would have thought you were just a goof with no basis to your opinion, which is fine. BUT doing joes posting suggestions is another story. Everyone has there own opinion, but what your doing is BS. You can call me out all you want, anyone can, does that mean I will give you my personal info? I dont think so. Does that lessen what I have on the ABA if I dont produce what YOU ask for,of course not. Again, you dont have to read the posts, you dont have to agree with the posts. Notice NO ONE else that posts here have I called attention to excpet you, because of what you are doing. You should care less of who I am and what I have. You should just ask yourself, what am I doing for those kids who think the ABA is legit, or what am I doing to sponsors and fans by supporting Joe. If your not part of the solution ....then your part of the problem.

radiodavel
Site Admin

Have a nice night

Post by radiodavel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:40 am

There you go folks, case closed...have a nice night!

a1sports
Site Admin

well maybe not closed Dave.....LOL,

Post by a1sports » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:08 am

Here is the end of a long series of e-mails between Joe and Dave. 6 to be exact. All discussing what Dave should post. I wasnt going to put all 6 here but the end of one should suffice. Now dave, dont alter them...I have them intact word for word. Now, CASE IS CLOSED....sleep well !!

PS. Please dont post your alternative/revised versions of the e-mails.

5. The $18,000 loaned to Todd Weir (Buffalo) to help him in
playoffs not paid back?
6. The unpaid ABA market reservation fees from PBL teams not paid
(over $40,000).
I'd suggest that if they did indeed having revenue sharing, about
$300,000 came from the ABA.
Have a great day Dave.
Joe Newman
ABA CEO

radiodavel
Site Admin

Let's see...

Post by radiodavel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 am

yep, that was in the email from Joe, none of which I posted, but you just did. There was more, have no idea about any of it being fact or true...that is why I never even thought about posting it...those are sour grapes from Joe, so remember you posted that not me...you are the only one that posts Joe's stuff, not me...I'm a big boy and I have my own thoughts..

You did not post any of the part of the email I wrote, I have the original copy if anyone would like a copy let me know...

Now explain to everyone here how you got a copy? How did you get a copy of an email that was sent to me and two other people? I'm sure a lot of folks would like to know how you got them, and the number for the ABA conf calls, did you ever work for the ABA or were you ever involved?

By the way, have a nice night

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:52 am

Whoever A1sports is he is one very determined and very p****d off guy. Joe has gone and gotten himself one motivated enemy. I will say this. Many others on this board do not like A1sports for his delivery of the info. However the vast majority of his information I believe is correct.

I for one like Radiodavel's input but one thing I'd suggest Dave, is don't think you will get yourself an ABA gig by passing along info sent from Joe to post on here. If Joe really wants something broadcast he will do an "Ask the CEO".
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:12 am

[quote=""a1sports""]Here is the end of a long series of e-mails between Joe and Dave. 6 to be exact. All discussing what Dave should post. I wasnt going to put all 6 here but the end of one should suffice. Now dave, dont alter them...I have them intact word for word. Now, CASE IS CLOSED....sleep well !!

PS. Please dont post your alternative/revised versions of the e-mails.

5. The $18,000 loaned to Todd Weir (Buffalo) to help him in
playoffs not paid back?
6. The unpaid ABA market reservation fees from PBL teams not paid
(over $40,000).
I'd suggest that if they did indeed having revenue sharing, about
$300,000 came from the ABA.
Have a great day Dave.
Joe Newman
ABA CEO[/quote]

This is how Joe sends all of his correspondence - either inflamatory comments or unproven 'facts' used to spout his position. He did the same on the Yahoo board, and in emails to others that were posted there. The difference is people posted the entire email, not just a portion of Joe's reply. Heck, if I only posted a part of some of Joe's emails to me, you'd think we were best buddies.

This is an excerpt, with no other information, including any part of Dave's email.

What case did this close? There is no context or other information supporting your Joe-bot theory. It's free to use the OSC boards. You say you have it. Post it.

And you say "Its up to me and only me what I bring to post here." Everyone here can say the same thing, yet you accuse others of not coming clean or posting enough info. It's a two-way street.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:15 am

[quote=""PikevilleOT""]Just curious as to what/why you were singled out for anti-PBL sentiments[/quote]
His posting behavior on the PBL board.

Return to “ABA”