The Showboats Grammar thread....

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:30 am

New name, same grammar...
Showboats/Fuel Still Winning #3 in Nation; Now 10-1
January 4, 2009 - American Basketball Association (ABA) Texas Fuel

The Texas Fuel, formerly the South Texas Showboats engaged themselves in another game last night by playing the Texas City Rangers and prevailed as they hosted another team in San Antonio. This team, which is still overlooked, are trying to prove to the American Basketball Association that they belong. They currently hold the #3 spot in the nation through ABA polls. Although the Fuel are on top their division(http://www.usbasket.com) (10-1overall / 6-1 regular season) and are staying ahead of now ranked #1 Southeast Mustangs 8-1 overall / 7-1 regular season, they believe they belong at that number one spot. "We beat the Mustangs at their house like they did against us. The teams both have an equal loss due to each teams success. I believe that this team is will overcome that loss and continue to be successful. I am hopeing they can come out and be successful against the Mustangs next time around, so they will start to be seen." Former Founder and head Coach Benjamin Mireles took an underestimated team to a 9-1 record, #3 national raking, and 1st place in thier division before stepping down to pursue family obligations. Current coaching staff and owners are doing a very good job at continuing the winning ways he had left behind. "The coaching staff and new ownership have taken this team and continued the tradition very well. I am really excited about seeing this team and where they will be at the end of this year. I believe they can bring a title to the city of San Antonio. Coach Minifee and Coach Bowdy are great coaches and they are both very competitve and know what it takes to win." said former owner Benjamin Mireles.
This team, which is still overlooked, are trying to prove to the American Basketball Association that they belong....

Benjamin Mireles took an underestimated team ...

Overlooked by whom? Underestimated by whom? Jeez, man - stop the whining.

And, BTW, based upon your press releases and your obvious lack of attention in your home market, you don't have to "prove to the American Basketball Association that (you) belong" - you absolutely fit right in...

Congratulations.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

TDL_sa
Site Admin

Post by TDL_sa » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:43 am

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]New name, same grammar...

This team, which is still overlooked, are trying to prove to the American Basketball Association that they belong....

Benjamin Mireles took an underestimated team ...

Overlooked by whom? Underestimated by whom? Jeez, man - stop the whining.

And, BTW, based upon your press releases and your obvious lack of attention in your home market, you don't have to "prove to the American Basketball Association that (you) belong" - you absolutely fit right in...

Congratulations.[/quote]

What I find interesting is that even though he's the former owner and coach, Mireles is still putting out quotes and articles about the team. Either you're part of the team or you're not dude.

CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:11 pm

So funny to find this thread. I've been enjoying the writings of Coach Ben Mireles since he has been down here in the state of Florida. What's exciting is that he is now the CEO of the Central Basketball League.

My favorite quote about Coach Mireles is from his Spartan's website (http://spartansproball.yolasite.com/about-team.php) "He has also trained and coached over 1230+ players. He has seen 6 different players go overseas in his time in the minors . . ." 6 out of 1230 is less than half of 1% (0.4% actually). Does this mean the CEO can't identify talent or that he can't promote the talent he has?

http://nlebasketball.yolasite.com/- Apparently Ben can't count. Here is a direct quote from his website:

"Next Level Elite Basketballhas announced it will be the foundation for 2 Minor-League Professional basketball teams in the Orlando area. These teams have been announced as the Orlando Heroes, South Florida Spartans, and the Southeast Gladiators."

Really, counting past the number two can be confusing.

Thanks for the good laugh. If you wish to continue following Ben and his writing, look for the following groups that he "owns"

Southwest Florida Spartans (they are actually in Central Florida, Orlando)
Orlando Heroes
Next Level Elite Basketball
Central Basketball League

He also has some GREAT radio programs that you can listen to. It helps you hear his voice as you read his writing.
Last edited by CBM on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated web links

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:32 pm

[quote=""CBM""]"Next Level Elite Basketballhas announced it will be the foundation for 2 Minor-League Professional basketball teams in the Orlando area. These teams have been announced as the Orlando Heroes, South Florida Spartans, and the Southeast Gladiators."[/quote]

Monty Python: "You have been charged with three counts of heresy — heresy by word, heresy by thought, heresy by deed and heresy by action — that's four counts. How do you plead?"

CBM
Site Admin

Post by CBM » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 pm

[quote=""CBM""]

Southwest Florida Spartans (they are actually in Central Florida, Orlando)
Orlando Heroes
Next Level Elite Basketball
Central Basketball League
[/quote]

Updated links.

Return to “ABA”