Takers announce try-out camp

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
cglue
Site Admin

Just email and ask.

Post by cglue » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:09 pm

[quote=""tbayz1""]Thats the case for many others too ;) Honestly, I thought the Takers were dead last season after there Singapore trip, I'm surprised they are attempting to go another season.

We need to have another folding game when the season comes around[/quote]

There were reaons about me not playing after that sad trip and it had nothing to do with me. I stayed in Standards ear and Pauls ear when they contacted me about the issue. Nodoubt last year was sad but lets see what this year will unfold. So far I like what i hear and see.
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:35 pm

[quote=""cglue""]I have never folded bro. If you want to know something about last year and anything. Be like Paul and call me ask me, dont asume, thats when people get in trouble.

Im raising a fuss Fells, just being informative bro. You should know me by now, I answer you direct and honest, thats my history on here even. You rubbed me wrong last year when you told me the reason that I didnt make the NY trip and when it comes down to my family, it gets real serious with me. Call me bro. Im here.[/quote]

I have my sources that told me far different things, and these sources are as reliable as they come.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:50 am

As someone who has been in pro basketball.....and knows the ups and downs....my quick take...

You didn't finish your season...

Whether you "folded" or not....the most important thing is....

and in any other league...your credibility would be shot.

but this is the ABA...

cglue
Site Admin

I Understand

Post by cglue » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 pm

[quote=""TEN""]As someone who has been in pro basketball.....and knows the ups and downs....my quick take...

Whether you "folded" or not....the most important thing is....

and in any other league...your credibility would be shot.

but this is the ABA...[/quote]

I understand your reasoning and I agree. I cant argue that but because of the loopholes that werent covered some teams got away with alot last and hopefully that will be resolved. I want to be around when things turn around and I hope its sooner than later.

tbayz1
Site Admin

Post by tbayz1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Larry, I appreciate you coming on boards. Your always up front and honest. Like I said in a previous post, I'm a bit surprised your going to have another season after the rough spots you've had in the past. I just thought after last season with the Singapore experience that would be it for the Takers, but I guess I am wrong. So who are the Takers going to play this year? You can't keep playing the Tycoons 20 times again. Hope things work out for you, you're a good guy, best of luck to you and the Takers. Keep us posted!

Check your inbox too!

cglue
Site Admin

thanx

Post by cglue » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:56 pm

check ur inbox as well.

but i will not be playing tycoons that many times because too scared to play me. LOL

Thanx again.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Avoid the mildew!
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

cglue
Site Admin

No Doubt

Post by cglue » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Talked to Joe this morning and mildew will be avoided.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:41 am

Larry- If you don't mind my asking...............

Why are you back?

Has the ABA made positive strides? Have you amended your business model? Has something materially changed?

I mean, don't take this the wrong way, but it seems to me that last year in the ABA wasn't a rousing success. A number of teams folded, some good teams departed for the PBL, a number of teams never really got off the ground.

James and the Corning Bulldogs promissed you something ( a home game in Houston ) that never materialized. The schedule wasn't played.

I just want to take away some kind of understanding on why the Takers are back. I'm puzzled as the ABA business model (to me) is less than stellar.

I guess I feel that that the 2008/2009 version of the Corning Bulldogs, First State Fusion and South Chi-Town will be the exact same POS teams with different names. You are running a business and you are relying on this collection of guys (and girls) to actually show up and play you. Hanks Hammers aren't exactly gonna pack them into your building.

All the best. Paul
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

cglue
Site Admin

Number One Reason

Post by cglue » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:53 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]Larry- If you don't mind my asking...............

Why are you back?

Has the ABA made positive strides? Have you amended your business model? Has something materially changed?

I mean, don't take this the wrong way, but it seems to me that last year in the ABA wasn't a rousing success. A number of teams folded, some good teams departed for the PBL, a number of teams never really got off the ground.

James and the Corning Bulldogs promissed you something ( a home game in Houston ) that never materialized. The schedule wasn't played.

I just want to take away some kind of understanding on why the Takers are back. I'm puzzled as the ABA business model (to me) is less than stellar.

I guess I feel that that the 2008/2009 version of the Corning Bulldogs, First State Fusion and South Chi-Town will be the exact same POS teams with different names. You are running a business and you are relying on this collection of guys (and girls) to actually show up and play you. Hanks Hammers aren't exactly gonna pack them into your building.

All the best. Paul[/quote]

Q as president is doing a great job and no its not a puppet show. Some of the ideas that he has brought to the table make business sense and I want to be around when those things are done and complete. My number one concern this season really is our division. My first season we had a couple of teams that wasnt right and that hurt us in the long run. Last season we only had 3 teams and nothing is fun about that. This upcoming season we are projected to have at least 7 teams and so Im a little excited. There are things in place to make sure what happened last season doesnt happen again. I just hope its truly followed through.

Thanks and just wish us luck make this thing turn around.

Return to “ABA”