$1 Alaska Wild tickets

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
Hockey
Site Admin

$1 Alaska Wild tickets

Post by Hockey » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:43 pm

I just got an email saying if you buy one ticket the second is $1. This is only valid for this Thursdays game.

PolishX
Site Admin

stench

Post by PolishX » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:27 pm

that might be the stench of desperation on the part of david weatherholt & company

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:13 pm

Are you the king of obvious? heh

They are going to pull in less then 3k the last few games. If they don't get creative the second to last game may be a 2,100~ affair which is going to get ridiculous.

They are getting virtually no PR from the newspaper and TV. They really need to get creative marketing wise to get themselves in the news so people no they have a game going on.

Maybe they could have the current coach sue the team or something. Have him drop the charges after the season is over. But get cameras on them all riled up, that will get some news coverage.

This is minor league sports, you have to be ruthless.

PolishX
Site Admin

yep

Post by PolishX » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:37 am

I 100% agree , This town seems to be fickle with sports . Aces win everyone shows up , they have a down season numbers dwidle . WIld is new 6000 plus show up . they lost and the crowds just dont show up . I think it doesnt help that every station on the radio except 1 bashes them and laughs at them .. Minor league sports is all about creativity and cut throat marketing .. I wonder how many sponsers will line up next year if their is a next year .. Just think if they tried to go to AF2 right off the bat how it would have looked ... YUK .. I honestly do want the team to continue on but man o man , it's looking ugly expecially if they finish with a goose egg in the win collum

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:45 pm

[quote=""PolishX""]Just think if they tried to go to AF2 right off the bat how it would have looked ... YUK .. [/quote]

That's nothing new for the af2. They don't care how bad it looks or how many markets they burn as long as there's a sucker willing to give them their franchise money. The only difference in the af2 and the NIFL is that af2 teams complete their seasons.

Alaska Wild Fan
Site Admin

Post by Alaska Wild Fan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Call me stupid but I've been at every game and have my season tickets for next year lined up as well. At least it's local football and it's fun down in the sideline club, joking with the refs, heckling the other team, and yelling support for our guys. Taylor tossed me a ball after his touchdown last week probably because I keep screaming for the team. hey man.....it's as close to football as we are going to get. Anybody remember the Aces when they started out? :eek:

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:35 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]That's nothing new for the af2. They don't care how bad it looks or how many markets they burn as long as there's a sucker willing to give them their franchise money. The only difference in the af2 and the NIFL is that af2 teams complete their seasons.[/quote] that takes BALLS to make that statement, what just because you own a team u can sat that? What Tommy and Chad are doing over there is great for alot of people but to compare them. You need to put the pipe down. The reason your not in the A2 is cause you dont have the money, face it. I have been to 2 of your games in Katy and could count the people in the stands, There have been a few Nifl teams, and I am not a fan of that league but a few teams have more drawing power that the ruff riders. SO you should not throw stones in a glass house.

PolishX
Site Admin

Point .

Post by PolishX » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:35 am

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""] I have been to 2 of your games in Katy and could count the people in the stands,[/quote]

No be the counter point , how in the hell is that an Alaska Wild problem , it was in Katy correct ? sounds like a Katy Texas problem ,. how would the wild promote the team in another teams home town ? DUH

Return to “IFL”