Ifl > afl

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 am

Crixus- your info is wrong on the ADL International level while its true the proposed team is not pasted on the front page of the site, there is such a team and as I stated in another post in order for this team to make sense the league has to ensure there is a support division around it, otherwise also stated in another post Jacksonville if they joined would be the only eastern team able to travel there for a game by flight which they are used to doing and able to spend that sort of cash outlay without bringing down the remaining schedule they would play without stress. For a regular season game, the very real chance of this international team not being a league member from the info, I know of depends upon the division this info is based from buzz around teams within this proposed division chatter, we'll have to wait to see what happens, you can also probably see some of this from the Jacksonville release as they state something to suggest they are too seeing what comes from the scramble. I think they still join but with specific's of if's for a second season simply because of the short time span for a season in 2017, the proposed merger of what would be a eastern division ADL if they can't get these other divisions would make sense as well.

crixus
Site Admin

Post by crixus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:58 am

[quote=""suge night""]Crixus- your info is wrong on the ADL International level while its true the proposed team is not pasted on the front page of the site, there is such a team and as I stated in another post in order for this team to make sense the league has to ensure there is a support division around it, otherwise also stated in another post Jacksonville if they joined would be the only eastern team able to travel there for a game by flight which they are used to doing and able to spend that sort of cash outlay without bringing down the remaining schedule they would play without stress. For a regular season game, the very real chance of this international team not being a league member from the info, I know of depends upon the division this info is based from buzz around teams within this proposed division chatter, we'll have to wait to see what happens, you can also probably see some of this from the Jacksonville release as they state something to suggest they are too seeing what comes from the scramble. I think they still join but with specific's of if's for a second season simply because of the short time span for a season in 2017, the proposed merger of what would be a eastern division ADL if they can't get these other divisions would make sense as well.[/quote]

I can tell that you're the type that can't admit when you're wrong (must be related to Trump). But you really need to look up the word International and understand it's meaning. The ADL doesn't have a team listed outside of the USA because there aren't any. http://www.arenadl.com/

Go ahead and take the last word, I made my point and I'm done. Drop mic. :cool:

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Ahh, these snot nose types you clearly didn't read my post well. It tells you teams within the proposed division are chatting about this (International) team and the division make up itself. While I should Sam Hill you I will be considerate and simply hand you a tissue to wipe the snot away.

This proposed team is in (Mexico) you see their are some people who post here who have inside knowledge of what is really taking place we just don't take you all the way inside and allow the gate keepers to tell you what they want when they want too, see there are those who have more information than the weekly franchise report listed on this site.

Nothing personal just don't drop the mic. until you're the real deal.

Now that's :cool: P.S. Is Mexico international?
Last edited by suge night on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gene Duryea
Site Admin

Post by Gene Duryea » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:01 am

I am about 60% expecting a repeat of the 2009 & 2010 situation ... Where Amarillo, Arkansas, Green Bay & Tri Cities Bolted from the restructuring AFL late in December and suddenly joined the IFL. The IFL actually had to rework its schedule at the last minute because of this business coup.

At this point in time, the only major reason for the IFL turning down Jacksonville is that it would be one lone team in a part of the universe which would not make a convenient fit for the rest of the league.

But there are currently 6 potentially viable AFL franchise locations in the Eastern Side of the US.

Cleveland
Washington DC
Jacksonville
Orlando
Philadelphia
Tampa

If at least 5 of these offered to come in as a 3rd IFL conference (Let's call it the Arena Conference) ... The following situation could be easily worked out.

* Each team plays the other members its conference 2 times per season. This causes those eastern teams to eat up at least 8 games of a 16 game season. Which seriously reduces the amount of long distance travel the Intense and United teams would have to do. This makes it an affordable situation.

* At the end of the season ... The top two teams in each conference automatically make the playoffs. Then the two teams that have the highest remaining records are brought in as wild cards. Which would provide an 8 team playoff situation.

2 Arena
2 Intense
2 United
2 Wildcard

I know this idea sounds a bit crazy. But Cleveland, DC, Philadelphia and Tampa are currently less than 50% happy with the solutions their home office is offering. If they vote to fold the league, there is little the Commissioner's office could do to stop this mass exodus.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Gene, you're onto something but there's a storm coming that will if successful completely change the face of indoor football as it currently appears, and the storm is coming from those organizations with enough cash to buy the entire league of an indoor setup. Organizations with that type of cash make rules, they don't have to ask and if they ask lessor organizations they will jump.

Gene Duryea
Site Admin

Post by Gene Duryea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Honestly Suge,

I think you're falling prey to the "Pie In The Sky By And By" mentality.

The AFL has already proven itself to be a money pit during two incarnations in less than 10 years. So there may be 1 or 2 investors who are willing at buy a team and try to keep it going. But the type of money that would be needed to form a new league or take over an existing league ... It just isn't there unless you're talking about buying up the assets of the old AIFA. Which at most recent valuation was about 27 cents and a bicycle spoke.

Even the CIF (which is a solid league but sits about 1.5 steps below the IFL) would cost a Whampus Cat amount of cash to acquire. And anything below the CIF would most certainly reside at a level that none of the AFL teams would want to step down to.

Then there's the whole international thing. Travel costs are a large part of what ran at least 2 AFL teams into the ground in 2016. And they're also a part of why the IFL reluctantly turned down the offer of Jacksonville joining the league.

That decision to decline Jacksonville could easily be revisited if at least 3 other Eastern AFL teams decide to join it in submitting a new application. But there has to be enough guaranteed business east of the Mississippi for the IFL to want to take notice.

So if we're talking brand new league going international ... It's going to be something like 1 team in a town like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver or Mexico City and then the other 5 to 7 teams located within 500 to 700 miles of that location.

Anything else is going to be a proposition that no one in his or her right mind is going to think twice about buying into.

- Duryea -

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 am

Gene , lets get philosophical for a second.

:D I never thought of the great and powerful Oz as anything other than a trickster with some really cool gadgets.
Last edited by suge night on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “IFL”