Ifl 2013

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:10 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]I don't think you'll see Reading in NO league any time soon.......lol[/quote]

Yeah, that's what usually happens when an owner says they are having their team go dark for a year-- they don't take part in any league.

So, what other great obserations/thoughts do you have for us-- tomorrow will be a day of the week ending in "day"? :rolleyes: :D :cool:

roozy
Site Admin

Post by roozy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:10 pm

[quote=""storm2010""]I have also heard of an Iowa expansion team in Quad Cities. Other rumors I am hearing is as many as 4 AFL teams jumping over, 2 LSFL teams, Tulsa and Cheyenne.. Bloomington and Omaha will both be back[/quote]

Cheyenne would be great for the Cavs (180 miles) and the Ice (50 miles), but their arena is substandard. Low ceiling and I think there is seating on one sideline only. And if Billings ever comes back, it would be a great division for travel and rivalries.

Of course now that I'm in Arizona, I'm missing all my Cavalry games. :(

blindside
Site Admin

Everett is out

Post by blindside » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:13 pm

The owner Filed bankruptcy on the team, there's still been no formal announcement but some people have been informed and there are a few small businesses in town that we're left hanging for thousands of dollars in payment including the practice facility and the apartment complex where the players lived. Bad management will get you no where. It's too bad they just went down hill after changing from Kent with new ownership and a new GM.

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:07 pm

[quote=""newiflfan""]Yeah, that's what usually happens when an owner says they are having their team go dark for a year-- they don't take part in any league.

So, what other great obserations/thoughts do you have for us-- tomorrow will be a day of the week ending in "day"? :rolleyes: :D :cool: [/quote]

I believe the larger point is that teams that say they're going dark for a year usually stay dark permanently.

Indoorfan518
Site Admin

new team

Post by Indoorfan518 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:37 pm

So its about to be made official soon quad cities to ifl.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:32 am

Looking like Tri Cities has a big decision facing them.

dizzy
Site Admin

Post by dizzy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 pm

As a few people have mentioned previously, there are a few different AFL teams looking at the IFL; some of which may make it easier for Tri-Cities, Bloomington, and Charlotte to stay in the IFL for at least another year.

The rumored AFL teams (though I don't believe them all, nor do I see a possibility that more than 2 would even come) are Kansas City, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Georgia, and Spokane. KC is one of the teams that has been most rumored to be moving, and Spokane could be very intriguing because their fate could possibly be linked to Tri-Cities with the teams only being 2 hours apart.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:23 pm

in a recent article I seen somewhere, Spokane said they are not leaving the AFL. But as we know sometimes what is said is not what ends up being the reality, although other sources indicate to me that Tri Cities will be on an island in 2013. I can understand Spokane not wanting to make a move just like I can understand Tri Cities situation as well, but would make more sense for both to be in the same league. But that would mean Spokane most likely making the move as Tri Cities would not want the higher operating costs of the AFL.

Bouncer_Texxx
Site Admin

Post by Bouncer_Texxx » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 pm

KC has been linked to the CPIFL, aka the Bissel (Bob Scott Indoor Football League) as well as the IFL. They are at a bit of a cross roads as far as venues go, although Kemper Arena, and the Independence Events Center are both more than serviceable. The Sprint Center is a member of the "rent is too damn high" party
Because, you see, I have a policy about honesty and butt-kicking: if you ask for it, I have to let you have it.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

[quote=""DCAbloob""]I believe the larger point is that teams that say they're going dark for a year usually stay dark permanently.[/quote]

Say WHAT!!!! You mean the Rockford Raptors aren't coming back!?!?!?! :D

Return to “IFL”