1st round picks

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:57 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]Omaha over Bloomington - Omaha has played some great games this season and some really poor ones. This team has what it takes to go all the way, but question is will they?[/quote]OMG, Jerry! Did you say the Beef have the ability to go all the way? They'll definitely get past Bloomington, however...
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:24 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]OMG, Jerry! Did you say the Beef have the ability to go all the way? They'll definitely get past Bloomington, however...[/quote]

There is maybe four or five teams in my book that could take it all, but as we know only one will. Omaha only needs to beat those teams they should. I'm not saying Sioux Falls is one of those games should they play, but in both games against the Storm the Beef played very well, a 10 point loss and 4 point win. I haven't looked at the Storm scores, but I don't think any team this season played them that close.

lrrrhino
Site Admin

Post by lrrrhino » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Tri-Cities over West Texas - Tri-Cities definitely played a tougher schedule and I think they are more prepared for the playoffs. West Texas played 7 of their 14 games against Amarillo, Arizona & Bricktown! They played 4 games against teams over .500 and went 2-2. And finally, that's a long road trip!

Allen over Wyoming - Both teams playing well down the stretch. This should be the closest game of the four being played. Again, give the edge to the home team.

Chicago over Reading - Agree, Reading is the weakest playoff team. Thought this division would go this way, just Richmond would be playing Chicago not Reading.

Omaha over Bloomington - Could this finally be the year to break the long playoff drought?? Seven consecutive seasons with a first round loss in the playoffs! I know they threw everything they had at Sioux Falls last week. Hopefully they have something left in the tank this weekend. What team will show up for Bloomington?? The team that lost by 40 to Wichita when a home playoff game was on the line? Or the team that beat Green Bay by 16?
Last edited by lrrrhino on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike mayock
Site Admin

Post by mike mayock » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:41 am

[quote=""lrrrhino""]Tri-Cities over West Texas - Tri-Cities definitely played a tougher schedule and I think they are more prepared for the playoffs. West Texas played 7 of their 14 games against Amarillo, Arizona & Bricktown! They played 4 games against teams over .500 and went 2-2. And finally, that's a long road trip!

Allen over Wyoming - Both teams playing well down the stretch. This should be the closest game of the four being played. Again, give the edge to the home team.

Chicago over Reading - Agree, Reading is the weakest playoff team. Thought this division would go this way, just Richmond would be playing Chicago not Reading.

Omaha over Bloomington - Could this finally be the year to break the long playoff drought?? Seven consecutive seasons with a first round loss in the playoffs! I know they threw everything they had at Sioux Falls last week. Hopefully they have something left in the tank this weekend. What team will show up for Bloomington?? The team that lost by 40 to Wichita when a home playoff game was on the line? Or the team that beat Green Bay by 16?[/quote]

West Texas vs. Tri Cities- Well...Tri-Cities played 8 of it's 14 games versus Wenatchee, Seattle and Arizona. The bottom line on this game is the #2 ranked offense in the league versus the #1 defense in the league. Whichever one is the real deal will win the game. Gonna be a good one. Could truly go either way.

Wyoming vs. Allen- The favorite is Allen. Won't be as close as some might think. Allen

Chicago vs. Reading- Chicago has played in the toughest division in the league and will be plenty battle tested enough for this opponent. Reading may have played Richmond and Lehigh Valley one too many times to step up in this one. Chicago.

Omaha vs. Bloomington- Another good match-up. Omaha's victory over Sioux Falls means absolutely nothing here. Much like the Tri-Cities-West Texas match-up...will be a great game between similar teams. Again...could go either way.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:58 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]There is maybe four or five teams in my book that could take it all, but as we know only one will. Omaha only needs to beat those teams they should. I'm not saying Sioux Falls is one of those games should they play, but in both games against the Storm the Beef played very well, a 10 point loss and 4 point win. I haven't looked at the Storm scores, but I don't think any team this season played them that close.[/quote]Yeah, you're right. The storm has ripped EVERY team to shreds they've faced this year.....except Omaha. I really believe the Beef has the Storm's number. I guess we'll see soon...

Date Opponent Result
February 25 @ Kent Predators Won 105-71
March 14 Wenatchee Valley Venom Won 80-19
March 21 Nebraska Danger Won 80-32
March 26 @ Wichita Wild Won 92-20
April 3 Omaha Beef Won 48-38
April 15 La Crosse Spartans Won 77-10
April 23 @ Bricktown Brawlers Won 84-30
April 30 @ Nebraska Danger Won 78-56
May 7 Bloomington Extreme Won 60-28
May 15 Green Bay Blizzard Won 57-38
May 20 @ Wyoming Cavalry Won 70-30
May 28 Wichita Wild Won 78-16
June 4 @ Chicago Slaughter Won 76-28
June 11 @ Omaha Beef Lost 37-41

tnsiouxfalls
Site Admin

Post by tnsiouxfalls » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:45 am

So I take it you see Omaha wining it all? If not, who then?

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 am

We're only on round one, but SH has to be the favorite.

Bouncer_Texxx
Site Admin

Post by Bouncer_Texxx » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:38 am

[quote=""tim2gehr""]You have the beef wins switched around

April 3rd Beef lost 48-38
June 11th Beef won 41-37[/quote]

Tim, that was the Storm's schedule.. you're both right.

tim2gehr
Site Admin

Post by tim2gehr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:40 am

Yea, I only glanced at it. I didn't read it fully.

[quote=""Bouncer_Texxx""]Tim, that was the Storm's schedule.. you're both right.[/quote]

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

[quote=""tnsiouxfalls""]So I take it you see Omaha wining it all? If not, who then?[/quote]I'm with Jerry.....I think Omaha has a good shot. Right now, S.F. is my clear #1 in the UNITED Conference.

In the INTENSE conference, I really believe Colorado's 11 wins is nothin' more than a misfit. Allen, W.Tex, Tri-Cities, and Fairbanks are ALL strong contenders and have proven that they're all as good as their record indicates. The Ice, on the other hand, have beaten Arizona 3 times or so, Nebraska, Bricktown, and squeeked out a nail-biter of Tri-Cities. My clear #1 from the INTENSE has gotta' be.........ummm.................lesse' here...............i think i'll go with...............

............FAIRBANKS!!!!!

Return to “IFL”