Omaha For Sale?

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
wasteland
Site Admin

Omaha For Sale?

Post by wasteland » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:40 pm

With an average cost of an NFL football team of $957 million in 2008 (the Cowboys were valued at over $ 1.5 billion), you may have already deduced that this is not an NFL team. Similarly, this team is not one of the 15 Arena Football League’s teams – as those may fetch in the $15 ml. - $20 ml. ballpark. This team dominates the Indoor Professional Football League – a professional arena league that dominates secondary and tertiary markets in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and beyond.

This sale includes several significant assets including the home field’s Astroturf, the team’s four wheel drive vehicle, 30 home and away football uniforms, 10 cheerleader uniforms, office equipment, broadcasting, lighting and camera equipment, gym equipment, and 1,000’s of pieces of promotional items and retail merchandise inventory. Of course, the buyer will also own all of the team’s rights to merchandise to its 1,200 + loyal fans, the stadium lease and, of course, exclusive use of the owner’s box / luxury suite which can be used for any event at the stadium!

In a region with such a rich football tradition, there is no shortage of fans craving the opportunity to see their former favorites (that did not make the draft) play during the spring and summer months. There is no NFL team in the area; the nearest Arena Football League team is over 120 miles away.

This business has a great deal of growth opportunity. At present, the business-end of this dominant team is run in a “hobby-like” fashion by an owner who also maintains full-time employment. Moreover, the team does not have professional marketing or sales staff to maximize game ticket sales, merchandising revenue opportunities, or corporate sponsorship drives (the team has managed to obtain over 30 noteworthy corporate sponsors nonetheless). The team may also consider entry into the AF2 or IFL leagues in 2011 (if league owners approved).

http://www.mergernetwork.com/buy-busine ... 177779.htm

Is this the Beef? They were once part of the Indoor Professional Football League. Odd listing if it is.

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm fairly certain this is the Iowa Blackhawks. Not only does that area match the league's but you can also see something about the IPFL in the APFL website's disclaimer. And it's no secret that the Blackhawks are up for sale.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:22 am

and just an FYI, Arena (AFL) teams are not going for $15-$20 million. That bubble was burst when the Bon Jovi's, Tim McGraw's et al got hoodwinked into paying those silly prices because some of the NFL owners got involved with the league. My guess nowadays is that a mere $250K will get you an AFL license to play by their rules.

tim2gehr
Site Admin

Its Iowa!!

Post by tim2gehr » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:31 am

Its the Iowa Blackhawks, not the beef. The Blackhawks have wanted a new owner for a long time. If you would read a little closer you would have read that they said the American Professional Football League, the Beef play in the IFL.
Last edited by tim2gehr on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Misspelled

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:47 pm

[quote=""tim2gehr""]Its the Iowa Blackhawks, not the beef. The Blackhawks have wanted a new owner for a long time. If you would read a little closer you would have read that they said the Indoor Professional Football League, the Beef play in the IFL.[/quote]

If you would of read my post closer I noted that the Beef at one time played in the Indoor Professional Football League, so this would of been an odd listing if it indeed was. Tony_O cleared it all up in his reply.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:39 pm

[quote=""Bruiser""]and just an FYI, Arena (AFL) teams are not going for $15-$20 million. That bubble was burst when the Bon Jovi's, Tim McGraw's et al got hoodwinked into paying those silly prices because some of the NFL owners got involved with the league. My guess nowadays is that a mere $250K will get you an AFL license to play by their rules.[/quote]

haha, thanks Big Guy that false statement has me rolling. They were never worth that. Just because you bought some Florida swamp land for a million doesn't change the fact of what it's really worth. Baker was a great salesman and destroyed the league with his bloated figures and lies.

Buffalo Super Fan
Site Admin

Post by Buffalo Super Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:53 am

[quote=""Bruiser""]and just an FYI, Arena (AFL) teams are not going for $15-$20 million. That bubble was burst when the Bon Jovi's, Tim McGraw's et al got hoodwinked into paying those silly prices because some of the NFL owners got involved with the league. My guess nowadays is that a mere $250K will get you an AFL license to play by their rules.[/quote]

Good post Bruiser I agree with you. Let's Go Buffalo
The above post is in my opinion and I have no proof or link. I am just a Buffalo sports fan.

super390
Site Admin

Post by super390 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:52 am

I wonder how much it would cost to buy the Arkansas Diamonds or the Harrisburg Stampede? Those would be much better buys at $150,000 - but only if they threw the rug in.

Return to “IFL”