Trouble in Tuscon...

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
daytonadan
Site Admin

Trouble in Tuscon...

Post by daytonadan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Reports out of Arizona say there's been major upheavel already and one of the owners has been forced out ... Also, the island factor may come into play because it's going to be hard for new California teams to start becuase of the workman comp laws; San Jose was grandfathered in, but otherwise ... and finally, the IFL brass had ulterior motives on going into Tuscon, but it's personal and I do have some shred of dignity left.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Bouncer_Texxx
Site Admin

Post by Bouncer_Texxx » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Like anyone honestly thought Tuscon was going to actually work.. the league is better off focusing this season on saving teams that aren't happy from bolting to another league.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:55 pm

[quote=""Bouncer_Texxx""] the league is better off focusing this season on saving teams that aren't happy from bolting to another league.[/quote]
All your logic gives me a headache - lol.

From a business standpoint it's eaiser and cheaper to keep current customers, fans, franchises, etc. than it is to pursue new ones. If you can't make the current ones happy how can the new ones expect to be happy? If you don't correct current problems how do you expect them not to reappear?

Rooster
Site Admin

Bye Bye Dart

Post by Rooster » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:48 am

Well it didn't take long for things to unravel in the desert. Here is the article daytonadan is talking about:

http://azstarnet.com/sports/article_66c ... f5805.html

Hence, one of the reason the team no longer has an active website. "We're definitely not going to be a part of that organization," Dart Clark said. "There's too many issues there, and the owner just wants to run it his way."
Will Work for Red Bull!

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Wow, this situation is ugly for the IFL. Not a good start, on what needs to be an image-rebuilding offseason this year.

storm2010
Site Admin

Post by storm2010 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:05 pm

For the record, Tuscon was approved to apply for a franschise in the IFL. They have not been voted in yet though...

bone324
Site Admin

Post by bone324 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:04 pm

TUCSON, not Tuscon.

tiogaman
Site Admin

No bye bye Dart!!

Post by tiogaman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Well Prescott is having trouble coming in, California having trouble with workmans comp, no El Paso, Albq, not ready. Didnt make much since to stay in. With 25% at stake, I would rather put it somewhere that would be workable. It would be a huge cost to travel every game, 14 hours min. The other owners in Tucson think they should keep it and hope for the best. It will never work like that. They are hoping to do tryouts and make enough money to pay the rest of the cost. It will never happen. So I would rather get out now.

I want to be part of something agressive and that wants to be bigger and better than the average!!!

I have other interest in other hopeful places. So, no bye bye Dart, just looking for a better place. See you soon.
No Success in life will compensate for failure in the home...

Richmond_fan
Site Admin

Post by Richmond_fan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:15 pm

I agree that the IFL should spend more time with the current teams they already have and to fix the problem teams. This league seems to be so worried with how many teams they have instead of the quality of the teams they have. This was my first year into this league and what happened to the West Michigan ThunderHawks was horrible. This team was very good and it went from a contender to nothing in a few weeks. The Maryland Maniacs have a very good team and are better than their record but unless they get some help they may be gone too? There are so many teams stretched across the US, and to have better games would mean further travel for teams but the league wants to limit the regular season travel. I for one was tired of seeing the same teams play 4 and 5 times. The Atlantic East division really only has 3 teams from the region. West Michigan is not and should be in the Central North. We need more teams that are closer if they do expand.

just do it
Site Admin

Post by just do it » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 am

This was my first year into this league and what happened to the West Michigan ThunderHawks was horrible. This team was very good and it went from a contender to nothing in a few weeks.

Richmond_fan you are completely right!!

I played with West Michigan this year and I can honestly say we had a championship contending team that was ruined because of the selfishness of the front office. From the owners down to the head coach!! This team knew weeks before the season what type of financial situation they were in and still discreetly signed us one by one promising housing and work and of course the contract money. We started off 3-0 and then they couldn't pay us. Some players called tommy b (commish) and he told us the situation about them looking to sale and to just hang in there. By our 8th game it was a completely different team in west michigan, everybody left or got hurt then left because there was no trainers to get healthy, players took no physicals before or after the season. Then after missing 2 weeks with checks the team struggled to pay guys 80 bucks.

the GM "rob" even said they will take care of the guys who decide to re-sign back meaning your **** out of luck if you left or dont want to re-sign.

This has the potential to be a good league and compete with the AFL. There are great athletes and coaches in this league as well as great organizations but the IFL has to stay away from these iffy teams or change the wording in the contract so the player doesn't get screwed because his team cant pay or folds mid season. Everything in the contract releases the IFL from doing anything wrong as far as money or any type of grievance and puts full blame on the team then say the team bankrupts then your **** out of luck. Not good at all.

Return to “IFL”