Turfcats done in Austin

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
indoor fan
Site Admin

Turfcats done in Austin

Post by indoor fan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 pm

You heard it here first. Details coming soon.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 am

Question: Should "The Premier League" have this as their theme song? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Bouncer_Texxx
Site Admin

Post by Bouncer_Texxx » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:41 am

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 pm

As a side note, the Turfcats will play their final home game in Austin this week vs Arkansas.

How long until Caballo officially becomes an IFL basher?

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 pm

[quote=""Bouncer_Texxx""]I was thinkin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQzUEc_FmI[/quote]

I'm not sure which is more disturbing: What's going on with the IFL or the fact that Bouncer watches Golden Girls?

I was thinking this would be an appropriate theme song for IFL teams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FpaK0nG ... re=related

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Why just for the IFL? The AIFA sees half the league's teams fold every year. The CIFL is down to four markets. The SIFL is putting up with a dreadful situation in Greenville just for the sake of being able to play games. It's much worse everywhere else.

The IFL could lose five teams and still return 80 percent of its membership, which would honestly be pretty good for indoor football. We know teams will fail in this game. Quite honestly, the IFL could lose a handful of markets and be stronger for it. In fact, they could very well gain more members than they lose, expand their footprint (while retreating from Alaska) and find themselves with a stronger ownership group in the end.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:21 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]As a side note, the Turfcats will play their final home game in Austin this week vs Arkansas.

How long until Caballo officially becomes an IFL basher?[/quote]

This is your last warning. Do not keep this up. You have a problem with a particular poster, then take it to PMs or email.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:48 pm

A team should never have been placed in Austin to begin with. Two failed NIFL franchises and two AFL/af2 ones. Some markets are just not meant to be.

And Paul is right, why single out the IFL when the other three are in just as much trouble and maybe even more. Losses this season could kill the SIFL and/or CIFL and in my opinion the AIFA is on life support. The IFL is clearly stronger than any of the other three, not without problems they need to address, but no where near failing.

And again Paul is right, IFL gains most likely will exceed any losses. Doubtful the AIFA, CIFL or SIFL will have that happen.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:05 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Why just for the IFL? The AIFA sees half the league's teams fold every year. The CIFL is down to four markets. The SIFL is putting up with a dreadful situation in Greenville just for the sake of being able to play games. It's much worse everywhere else.

The IFL could lose five teams and still return 80 percent of its membership, which would honestly be pretty good for indoor football. We know teams will fail in this game. Quite honestly, the IFL could lose a handful of markets and be stronger for it. In fact, they could very well gain more members than they lose, expand their footprint (while retreating from Alaska) and find themselves with a stronger ownership group in the end.[/quote]

Pretty good by indoor football standards ... Paul, that ain't saying much.

And you notice they don't call themselves "premier' much these days ... just more of the same.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:09 pm

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]A team should never have been placed in Austin to begin with. Two failed NIFL franchises and two AFL/af2 ones. Some markets are just not meant to be.

And Paul is right, why single out the IFL when the other three are in just as much trouble and maybe even more. Losses this season could kill the SIFL and/or CIFL and in my opinion the AIFA is on life support. The IFL is clearly stronger than any of the other three, not without problems they need to address, but no where near failing.

And again Paul is right, IFL gains most likely will exceed any losses. Doubtful the AIFA, CIFL or SIFL will have that happen.[/quote]

You also forgot about the IPFL Texas Terminators.

You guys need to reread my original post. I never said the Turfcats were folding, just that they are done in Austin (details coming soon).

I am a fan of the IFL, along with all other indoor leagues and the AFL. Just have a problem with one particular poster (just like many, many others do). I will follow Pauls request and only use PM's and email in the future, in reference to that poster.

Return to “IFL”