Caballo???????

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
indoor fan
Site Admin

Caballo???????

Post by indoor fan » Thu May 27, 2010 12:26 am

Has anyone heard from or seen Caballo lately? With the latest IFL debacles, he has been nowhere to be found. He was making numerous posts before the season started, but has since vanished.

I'm worried about him. Has anyone seen his face on any milk cartons or flyers in the Austin area?

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Thu May 27, 2010 12:39 am

I know he was banned from arenafan and aflfanzone in the eternal struggle of good and even between him and malepig and talons100...
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu May 27, 2010 1:20 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]I know he was banned from arenafan and aflfanzone in the eternal struggle of good and even between him and malepig and talons100...[/quote]

Did he finally get banned from OSC, as well?

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Thu May 27, 2010 4:49 am

i hope not. the entertainment factor is outstanding and he does care about the sport.
Former Hall Monitor
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat May 29, 2010 5:22 pm

You are wrong about the bannings Dan, I've just decided to back away and lurk in the underbrush reading. Stop listening to the lie mongers. Most all of the forums used to be informative and some decent football talk. They've become gossip, lies, whinner forums. Look at most of the threads going on, mostly B.S. The sport has been a lot more enjoyable without the forums.

Yes, I'm just as guilty as most, but not lately.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Oh, and by the way.......................

I have never joined the af2/AFL FanZone of the "Official" ArenaFootballone, err, AFL messageboards. Yes, both had a poster using the name "Diablo" but it wasn't me. You can guess who it was, he probably outweighs me by about 400 lbs.

Too many haters and whinners there and run by, err, nevermind.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sat May 29, 2010 5:40 pm

does this mean i have to start watching "jersey shore" now?

i had a great run-in with Talons100 and Shot Doctor the other day -- they were "editing" the IFL web page on wikipedia and i chastised them for it ... i felt like the mean uncool school teacher lecturing a bunch of bratty boys and yes, they took down the edit after five minutes and no one really got hurt ... BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, WE'RE GROWN MEN!
Former Hall Monitor

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sat May 29, 2010 6:18 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]Oh, and by the way.......................

I have never joined the af2/AFL FanZone of the "Official" ArenaFootballone, err, AFL messageboards. Yes, both had a poster using the name "Diablo" but it wasn't me. You can guess who it was, he probably outweighs me by about 400 lbs.

Too many haters and whinners there and run by, err, nevermind.[/quote]

Caballo is basicly on life support and still trying to take shots at the AFL.......classic.

Not sure if he saw the AFL game on NFLN, but they will be going to flex scheduling for the second half of the season broadcasts and they will be announcing expansion teams soon.

Seems the AFL has done better than Cabbie wished, err, thought.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat May 29, 2010 7:19 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Caballo is basicly on life support and still trying to take shots at the AFL.......classic.

Not sure if he saw the AFL game on NFLN, but they will be going to flex scheduling for the second half of the season broadcasts and they will be announcing expansion teams soon.

Seems the AFL has done better than Cabbie wished, err, thought.[/quote]
While you're not nearly as bad as a few others, it's ignorant posts like this that inundate the forums.

I took no shot at the AFL, and am involved in it more than you think. I took no sht at anyone or anything, just stated my opinion about a couple of forums and who runs them.

Does this mean you support someone using your name to pretend to be you on forums?

Are you lying or just ignorant to my thoughts on the AFL? I spoke with Mr Kurz and some owners years ago about creating a league between the AFL and af2. I've stated many time the lower cost of their business plan was agreat step in the right direction to keep ArenaBall alive, I was very happy with and supported the af2. My prediction has always been, once they get a few years under their belt to work out the kinks on the new league that it should be very successful.

This doesn't mean things are perfect and theirs no concerns. It's amazing how some of you bash people for discussing concerns or the possible negatives. Some of you seem blind to what it actually takes to start and run a busines and just blindly follow your hearts. Business reality doesn't work that way.

Either you're clueless or just like to post false info for a reaction.

Really I've been more active with the sport being away from the forums. The insiders don't like the stuff plastered all over the forums.

I've had my focus elsewhere recently, a couple of weeks ago my wife had major surgery, she was the one on life support, not me. The Texas Stars (AHL) in their innaugural season have had a great playoff run and are in the championship series. The last two series went to the seventh game with the Stars winning them both on the road with their backup goalie. They play just a few miles from my house.

The upcoming move of F1 coming to Austin has been in the works for three years and was just leaked to the press by one of the few people involved that didn't sign a non-disclosure contract. This has been a time consuming project and their finally ready to start construction on the new track here.

There has been many far more important things going on than correcting liars and haters on a message board. The entertainment and information value of the forums has plummeted quicker than the stock market over the past couple of years. Sorry to disappoint you but your evaluation is way off.
Last edited by Caballo Diablo on Sat May 29, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]
i had a great run-in with Talons100 and Shot Doctor the other day -- they were "editing" the IFL web page on wikipedia and i chastised them for it ... i felt like the mean uncool school teacher lecturing a bunch of bratty boys and yes, they took down the edit after five minutes and no one really got hurt ... BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, WE'RE GROWN MEN![/quote]
This is an example of the B.S. going on. A co-owners son involved in these types of things is very telling, as is his public attack across the forums. It gives the masses credence to their belief the sport is a joke. Notice attendance is way down compared to the previous AFL. The casual fans are tired of the circus a few create and have decided to go out to dinner or the movies instead of following pied piper.

Return to “IFL”