The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 am

and has the house collected?

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah, the $1,000 gift card promised to me by this site.

Last word. Infinity.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Big Easy
Site Admin

Post by Big Easy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:41 am

It's still early. Quick....someone make a post that he can disect into 20 different issues of discussion. :D
If integrity is missing, so are you.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Nahh, there was only one topic. For Talons and Indoor to puff out their chests over 2.0 ;)

TALONS100
Site Admin

Post by TALONS100 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]Haha, you guys are still very entertaining.

I don't know enough facts to make a valid opinion, but since the audience has requested my appearence it just wouldn't be nice to refuse. ;)

[/quote]

LOL that has NEVER stopped you before, but you do have a piont on the atricle.... *did i just say that out loud*

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:09 pm

[quote=""TALONS100""]LOL that has NEVER stopped you before, but you do have a piont on the atricle.... *did i just say that out loud*[/quote]

Hahaha....I don't think Caballo has ever had enough facts to support his opinions. As an indoor football fan, I used to actually agree with most of his opinions, until he stated that the IFL had more talent than the AFL. Then I realized that Caballo's elevator was not going all the way up.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:43 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Hahaha....I don't think Caballo has ever had enough facts to support his opinions. As an indoor football fan, I used to actually agree with most of his opinions, until he stated that the IFL had more talent than the AFL. Then I realized that Caballo's elevator was not going all the way up.[/quote]

This is why your opinion has been rendered usless. You confuse my posts with others. I've always said the AFL (you know, the real one) had the most talent league wide.

If my elevator doesn't go all the way up, then how did I get into the penthouse on the top floor?

Same old same old from ya, you find it difficult to reply to most topics without an insult thrown in. It's hard to get off the playground and into the real world that way.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:36 pm

[quote=""Caballo Diablo""]This is why your opinion has been rendered usless. You confuse my posts with others. I've always said the AFL (you know, the real one) had the most talent league wide.

If my elevator doesn't go all the way up, then how did I get into the penthouse on the top floor?

Same old same old from ya, you find it difficult to reply to most topics without an insult thrown in. It's hard to get off the playground and into the real world that way.[/quote]

Well sir, I owe you a big apology. The past few months we have been bantering over, what appears to be a huge misunderstanding.

We both agree that the AFL with players such as Aaron Garcia, Raymond Philyaw, Russ Mincha, John Dutton, Shane Stafford, Brett Dietz, Damian Harrell, Derek Lee, Derrick Lewis, Will Petis, Duke Pettijohn and TT Toliver had the most talent league wide.

Well finally order is restored and we can now get ready for some positive talk about the arena/indoor leagues. Glad we finally agree on this and can move on.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:16 pm

My only problem with the 2.0 is people trying to pass it off as the same thing we had before they went dark. The 2.0 will not be as talented or as good in my opinion. Yes, the 2.0 got a lot of good players from the previous AFL but not enough to say the product will be the same quality as before.

The af2 markets will see an upgrade and their fans should be very excited. The AFL markets will get a lower quality and most will still be expected to pay too much for tickets. The question is, will the AFL fans think it's good enough to overpay? Many AFL fans were aready tired of the ticket increases for the original AFL.

In Austin the fans rejected the Wranglers move from the AFL to the af2 because of the drop in talent and quality. Attendance dropped from over 10k to down around 3,500. Those kind of figures won't pay the rent on the arenas.

When I raise concerns about the 2.0 it's not bashing. I try not to compare any league to another, they are all run on different budgets and circumstances. It's almost impossible to not compare the the 2.0 to the previous AFL because that's what they are marketing it to the masses as.

In my opinion the 2.0 will be better than the af2 but worse than the previous AFL. Not a big deal or worth arguing about.

Yes, it is time for all of us to enjoy the season and what ever league/team is playing in our market.

trifecta
Site Admin

I'm BAAAACK

Post by trifecta » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:56 am

Caballo,

After a 6 month absense it sure is heartwarming you are still here.

Your comment about the dwindling Austin attendance is off base and can not be proven.

The dwindling attendance from a FAKE 11k in season 1 declined steadily throughout the years....I could care less what they announced it did not take a rocket scientist to figure in a 16k arena if it was less than half full there was probably less than 8k and if it was 1/4 full it had less than 4k.

It had NOTHING to do with the talent on the field. The average fan could not name 3 players much less be able to discern the difference in talent between AFL and AF2. Get Real.

The reason for the decline was more to do with lack of interest in the game and the fact that the novelty wore off with some folks.

OR

It could have had something to do with the constant question about the franchises stability....After the inaugural season the team was on the verge of either moving to San Antonio (remember the secret meetings with Henry Cisneros) and shutting down completely.

No, the attendance had nothing to do with the declining attendance.

Return to “IFL”