Condition of Indoor football;Owners

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
indoorfootballfaninga
Site Admin

Post by indoorfootballfaninga » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm sorry I hear the same old excuse; but, until someone actually listens and uses a little common sense nothing will change. It is marketing 101 in my opinion - spend $$$ to make $$$. A perfect example of the problem: go take a look at 80 to 90% of the website's out there... they look like something my 8yr old would design. pitiful and embarassing... Guy's perception drive's business and vice versa. If someone pulls up your site and it looks like crap do you think for one minute they will seriously consider coming to a game or taking your team seriously. Your already fighting the stigma of minor league sports....

Guy's wake up it is 2010 and not 10, 20 or 30yrs ago when an online presence didnt drive business. It does today more than at any other time.

Until this mindset change's idiot after idiot will fail.. hell this isn't Marketing 101 - it is Business 101-- Common Sense in it's simplest form...

Later
Trey

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:19 pm

He said watchable not that anybody actually did watch lol

I don't think at this level tv would work except maybe in the two markets of any game being played. Might draw some there, especially from the away market. I think the b2 concept is the best idea although quality should be improved and be free, not pay for view. Quality not good enough to pay for it in my opinion.

As to websites I could create a killer website for any team, but most teams don't want to pay what I would need to charge. Not talking Infinity costs or anywhere near. Most teams want to get off on the cheap side, take the cookie cutter approach. Buy something that's cheap, but looks like a thousand other sites. Look at most AIFA sites, like what you see, one looking like the next??? But cost is low I'm sure.

Marketing 101 or Business 101, both need to be in place for success.
Last edited by jerry101jlh on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CorA
Site Admin

Post by CorA » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm

The Slaughter have some TV deal in place where i think all home games are broadcast a couple weeks later on a saturday at 1pm on WJYS (A Chicagoland religion station.) Their game vs rochester will show tomorrow (saturday.) What do you guys think about this?

indoorfootballfaninga
Site Admin

Post by indoorfootballfaninga » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:13 am

Jerry you hit the nail on the button... they are to damn cheep and it bite's them in the ass in the long run time after time... Take a look at this site for the Amarillo Venom of the IFL. I haven't seen many other site's out there like this one, in fact this is one of the better one's in my opinion.

http://www.govenom.com

Until these owners decide to invest their money with a sound business plan they will continue to flop and fall flat on their face's...

Thanks
Trey

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:26 am

I've watched the 50 yd game either on TV or over the `net with sports fans that hated it and never returned for future games. I've also taken lots of non-sports fans to the arena and they loved it and purchased their own tickets for the next game. You need to feel the excitment and see it in person to appreciate it.

Besides the avid fans already into the sport TV has never drawn well. Networks and advertisers need to see decent ratings along with Butts in seats to make it work. The AFL lost their @$$ on their TV deals. ESPN even owned 10% of the league and couldn't see a reason to take the sport serious or show a couple of teams.

If a TV deal can be successful I'm all for it, but until then I won't get as excited over these deals like I did in the past.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:30 am

[quote=""CorA""]The Slaughter have some TV deal in place where i think all home games are broadcast a couple weeks later on a saturday at 1pm on WJYS (A Chicagoland religion station.) Their game vs rochester will show tomorrow (saturday.) What do you guys think about this?[/quote]Once again, great for the avid fans but who else will want to watch games a week tape delayed.

They've got lots of strange stuff on the public acess channels in most markets. Maybe it would be cheaper to just use those channels and show the road games live. Home games shouldn't be on TV, the fans need to get to the arena and show some support.

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:04 am

I think road games broadcast in the visitors market might fair well, but only to avid fans. I agree that tv does not compare with the real deal.

The Tri Cities Fever has a deal with a local sports bar that broadcasts the away games from b2 on their screens. Bills it as away from home home part or something like that. Don't know if it works, but a good idea in my opinion.

I do not believe the sport is ready for prime time or any major network. Just not enough national interest.

storm2010
Site Admin

Post by storm2010 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 am

Sorry but I disagree here. Sioux Falls has a below average website and have still sold out EVERY game the past four years. Check out their home opener vs Billings on a Monday night, March 22. SOLD OUT! You can tune into the B2for $7.
There are many factors in a successful franchise, yes a good website helps. The #1 factor in business is always location, location, location. There is no Pro or D1 college within 4 hours of Sioux Falls. That means the Storm are the top talent level around. Sponsers partner up with the highest level possible. People want to watch the highest talent level possible. So when you look at a lot of these other teams, they are in markets that have higher talent levels near or in the same city and that just isn't gonna work. Sioux Falls doesn't have the venue to attract things that would take people away from watching the Storm. Such as concerts, and other major sports... Also a quality product sure helps. As I watch some of these other teams, they don't look or act professional. They where their Jersey's un-tucked, constant personal fouls, poor national anthems and half-time shows. This is part entertainment! It takes some dang good money to get this business up and going and then very good management to maintain the product. Sounds like business 101 to me!

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:05 am

You make it sound like its all about football, but its not. the Storm have enjoyed good seasons, no question about that, but had they not taken care of business off the field they may be in a different position as to fans and sponsors. The Storm, outside of last years problems, are one of those that built from the ground up right. And no doesn't come down to just a quality website or any one thing. Its a combination of different factors.

As far as I'm concerned the over all quality of a website is not as important as the information included in it. You can have the best site going design wise but if it contains no information or dated information it is of no value.

storm2010
Site Admin

Post by storm2010 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:40 am

[quote=""jerry101jlh""]You make it sound like its all about football, but its not. the Storm have enjoyed good seasons, no question about that, but had they not taken care of business off the field they may be in a different position as to fans and sponsors. The Storm, outside of last years problems, are one of those that built from the ground up right. And no doesn't come down to just a quality website or any one thing. Its a combination of different factors.

As far as I'm concerned the over all quality of a website is not as important as the information included in it. You can have the best site going design wise but if it contains no information or dated information it is of no value.[/quote]

You missed the whole point of my post then.. Location, promotion, product, management. The 4 ingrediants to a successful buisness. Even with the off field problems last year, we still had sell outs. I log onto Ark game tonight and maybe they got 500 people there. Colorado last week played the defending champion Billings and had maybe 500 people.
I agree that its a combination of different factors and a website means little to nothing..

Return to “IFL”