Austin Turfcats

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
Turfcats
Site Admin

Austin Turfcats

Post by Turfcats » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:00 pm

AUSTIN, Texas – The Austin Turfcats announced today that they are leaving the Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) and have signed a letter of intent to join the Indoor Football League (IFL) for competition during the 2010 season.

Turfcats Vice-President and General Manager Ronald Oswalt said, “We thank the SIFL for helping us successfully jump-start professional indoor football in Austin. However, as we started to look ahead to 2010 and the long-term success of the sport in the Austin market, we took the time to explore every opportunity. Recent developments, including the shutdown of the AFL and af2, have allowed the IFL to position itself to become a true national league. This move allows the Turfcats to benefit from regionalized competition within an expanded Lonestar Division. We look forward to joining in that success in 2010 and beyond.”

IFL Commissioner Tommy Benizio added, “We are very pleased at the prospect of adding the community of Austin to our league and the Turfcats organization to our family. They are a premiere team and will greatly enhance the IFL.”

More details will be released in early October, at a media event to be announced. Information will also be available on the team's website, at http://www.turfcats.com.

Radio Jack
Site Admin

Lady Cat Auditions

Post by Radio Jack » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Do you have what it takes to be a professional cheerleader? Does the thought of performing in front of 5,000 fans get you excited? Do you have the skills and talent to be a role model on and off the field? If you have a passion for dance, the Austin community, and sports... you might just have what it takes to be a member of the Lady Cats dance team.

The Austin Turfcats will be holding auditions for the 2010 Lady Cats dance team over the weekend of October 24-26. The first two days of auditions will be held at Austin Cheer Factory, while the Monday night finale will be held at a location to be announced (and open to the public).

There will also be 4 prep classes held before the tryouts to help you learn some dance moves and get to know the other ladies. They will be held October 12, 14, 19, and 21 from 7 to 9 pm at the YMCA Southwest of Austin. Cost is $20 per class. If you attend all 4 of the prep classes you will be able to attend auditions for free.

In addition to providing entertainment at the Turfcats' home games and cheering on the team, the Lady Cats are called upon throughout the season to make a number of Turfcats promotional appearances. These appearances range from community and charity events to performing in and around the Austin metro area and Central Texas.
Last edited by Radio Jack on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Do you have the six figures of extra cash the team will need to survive in the IFL?

Do you have the doubled-or-more attendance at much higher ticket prices the team will need to think about not losing a quarter-million dollars in the IFL?

How can people with this much money have so little business sense?
What are you doing here?

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Do you have the six figures of extra cash the team will need to survive in the IFL?

Do you have the doubled-or-more attendance at much higher ticket prices the team will need to think about not losing a quarter-million dollars in the IFL?

How can people with this much money have so little business sense?[/quote]
I guess the SIFL budget outlined by god wasn't good enough for them.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm

[quote=""BananaCat""]I guess the SIFL budget outlined by god wasn't good enough for them.[/quote]

How much more are the fees in the IFL, than the SIFL?

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:39 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]How much more are the fees in the IFL, than the SIFL?[/quote]

Not that much more. It's just that some people just like to grossly over-exagerate that which they know absolutely nothing about.

At least in the IFL, the Turfcats can rest assured that all games will be played and that all the teams that they play against will be properly insured.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:12 am

Brandy:

Why don't we save each other and the message board users a lot of time and grief and do our entire spiel right now?

You'll trash Thom. I'll provide my opinion of Tommy.

You'll bring up every minute detail of everything that went wrong with the SIFL and I'll counter with all the fun you had last season with the IFL.

We'll both agree that my PR efforts were the best of the leagues.

You'll take a cheap shot at my dental work and I'll do my best to refrain from commenting about your lack of social grace but drop a less than subtle but creative shot anyway.

Everyone will get disgusted at both of us. The thread will die in a day or two. And everyone will think you're a jerk and I'm a hothead.

Now Brandon, I want to ask you a serious question. Isn't all this unneccesary drama detrimental [You went to Permian. You can handle a four-syllable word] to the sport. Why are you owners so thick-headed and unwilling to work together?
Last edited by daytonadan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]Brandy:

Why don't we save each other and the message board users a lot of time and grief and do our entire spiel right now?

You'll bring up every minute detail of everything that went wrong with the SIFL and I'll counter with all the fun you had last season with the IFL.

You'll take a cheap shot at my dental work and I'll do my best to refrain from commenting about your lack of social grace but drop a less than subtle but creative shot anyway.

Everyone will get disgusted at both of us. The thread will die in a day or two. And everyone will think you're a jerk and I'm a hothead.

Now Brandon, I want to ask you a serious question. Isn't all this unneccesary drama detrimental [You went to Permian. You can handle a four-syllable word] to the sport. Why are you owners so thick-headed and unwilling to work together?[/quote]

Don't spare us any of this. We find the insults and personal attacks very amusing and entertaining.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:32 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]Brandy:

Now Brandon, I want to ask you a serious question. Isn't all this unneccesary drama detrimental [You went to Permian. You can handle a four-syllable word] to the sport. Why are you owners so thick-headed and unwilling to work together?[/quote]

Dannyboy, Dannyboy ...

I appreciate the response. This should make a really nice addition to your portfolio. Therefore, I've printed this out and will give it to Albert to add to the resume that you sent him earlier.

I'm sure he will be very impressed. I know that I am.

Good luck with your career.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanx, Brandy. Tell Albert I said hello.

You avoided the question. Why are indoor football leagues continuing to poach one another instead of co-operate?
Last edited by daytonadan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

Return to “IFL”